• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump approval ratings still high

Rasmussen... :rofl

I wonder why you did not quote from your source. Hrmm, let's see....Oh, I see:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 36% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 39% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -3.

Negative approval rating is strong now!:lamo

that minus 3 rating is low. Obama was almost always in double digits.

that minus 3 rating is low. Obama was almost always in double digits.

Where did I say Obama had a strong approval rating?

I had hoped the posting of only the Rasmussen poll like it was gospel would end after their R+1 congressional ballot polling right before the election.

You mean you thought the delusion would stop after the midterm lose??? No they think they won.

Unfortunately, approval rates do not translate to re-election rates.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

Even after they found out he broke the LAW!!!
:confused::confused:

You must be the first Conservative to come out and admit he broke the law. Republicans have to continually be dragged behind the news, like toddlers grabbing on to every piece of furniture as their parents drag them to bed, but they do get there eventually.

In any case, his approval is 42.8%. It's dropped nearly 2 points in the past few days, but that's within the range of normal fluctuation and I'll have to wait a week before deciding if the revelation of his criminality has a real impact on his approval.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/voters/

Unfortunately, approval rates do not translate to re-election rates.

They corresponded to election results pretty damn well in the midterms, but yes, a Presidential election is quite a different beast.

In any case, trump will most likely have a difficult time, seeing as there are ten key differences that separate 2020 from 2016.

1. He is now known to be a criminal.
2. It's known that the Russians interfered in the first election on his behalf.
3. It's known that multiple officials in his campaign colluded with Russian officials, including members of his own family. By 2020 it will almost certainly become known that Trump was aware of and approved of the Trump Tower meeting.
4. He will more likely than not still be under investigation by multiple agencies.
5. It's known that he defrauded the American people by lying about his business dealings with Russia.
6. It's known that he's a tax cheat.
7. The narrative will be that he is only running for re-election in order to escape indictment.
8. Some of the states that handed him the election have gone blue.
9. Florida has returned the right to vote to 1.5 million ex-felons, thereby threatening an electoral victory in that state.
10. And the final key difference (drum roll).....he will not be running against Hillary Clinton.

Put together, these differences are dramatic, even not taking into account revelations as they unfold out of the SDNY and Mueller investigations.

They corresponded to election results pretty damn well in the midterms, but yes, a Presidential election is quite a different beast.

In any case, trump will most likely have a difficult time, seeing as there are ten key differences that separate 2020 from 2016.

1. He is now known to be a criminal.
2. It's known that the Russians interfered in the first election on his behalf.
3. It's known that multiple officials in his campaign colluded with Russian officials, including members of his own family. By 2020 it will almost certainly become known that Trump was aware of and approved of the Trump Tower meeting.
4. He will more likely than not still be under investigation by multiple agencies.
5. It's known that he defrauded the American people by lying about his business dealings with Russia.
6. It's known that he's a tax cheat.
7. The narrative will be that he is only running for re-election in order to escape indictment.
8. Some of the states that handed him the election have gone blue.
9. Florida has returned the right to vote to 1.5 million ex-felons, thereby threatening an electoral victory in that state.
10. And the final key difference (drum roll).....he will not be running against Hillary Clinton.

Put together, these differences are dramatic, even not taking into account revelations as they unfold out of the SDNY and Mueller investigations.

The main factors, in any POTUS election, are who else is running and how the economy is doing.

The main factors, in any POTUS election, are who else is running and how the economy is doing.

It's certainly one part. But Hillary Clinton lost because of a multitude of reasons, one of which is that she had the charisma of tapioca. But that was only one reason. If just one of the other reasons had changed she'd probably be President today. Just about none of the advantages Trump enjoyed in 2016 will be there for him in 2020, and will now be dragging along with him the nine additional disadvantages I already listed. The only thing that will still be there for him is his populist base which will not abandon him no matter what. But you need more than your base to win.

So ya all got tickets for Hillary's speaking tour? Here it's going to be HUGE!!!!

the alt left radicals on this forum are gonna have a melt down in 2020 when they lose again. i bet they had quite the meltdown when hilldabeast lost lol (laugh out loud)

You mean you thought the delusion would stop after the midterm lose??? No they think they won.
What loss?

Parties always gets their ass#s handed to them at midterm. Dogs bite man.

The Democrats might have had the Senate if they could have muzzled a few of the loud mouth idiots during the Kavanaugh hearing ( Feinstein, Booker, Harris, and especially that little bridge troll from Hawaii) If you put those 4 side by side and lit a candle ext to Mirono's ear and blew in Feinstein ear, the candle would go out. Now you all better start Praying something doesn't happen to Ginsburg or the 4 of them are going to have pull a Weekend at Bernie's until 2020. LAFFRIOT

the alt left radicals on this forum are gonna have a melt down in 2020 when they lose again. i bet they had quite the meltdown when hilldabeast lost lol (laugh out loud)

Maybe if they keep yapping about how we all need to throw our air conditioners out to save the planet and calling everybody outside of San Francisco & Hollywod a racist that will do the trick in 2020!!!

(LAFFRIOT)

look at the alt left radicals in shambles now knowin most love trump

Trump approval ratings still high

rotflmao.gif

(Real Clear Politics -- Trump Approval Rating)​

Here's the thing about Trump that makes my eye twitch. How do you justify being as wealthy as he is in a time of such wide elite-common wealth inequality? How do you justify being that wealthy after the housing bubble and we have 6 empty houses per homeless family... How do you justify being that wealthy when trillions of dollars goes unaccounted for in the very job you're supposed to be doing? It isn't things he's so much said or done. I don't trust people that are that wealthy with that personality to go with it. Because you've gotta be utterly close-minded to the fractal degree to not be absolutely sure they aren't a good person or trustworthy, because you don't get that ****ing rich by being a good person.

Back
Top Bottom