• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump approval ratings shoot up 5 points after SOTU

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®
:shock:
Hmmm I didn't watch it, but it must have been good?

75% of the people that watched it approved.
it was pretty much a home run as far as what he needed to do.

He put a lot of the dem's in the house on the back burning and scorched a few others.

his presentation was correct and he said exactly what he needed to say.
i didn't watch it but i read parts of it.

The problem is he's back to threatening people, watching TV and tweeting.

Words, let's see some presidential actions. Scorched the dems? We'll see about that.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®
:shock:
Hmmm I didn't watch it, but it must have been good?

Two other polls out today also - both do NOT use the flawed methodology that Ras uses causing them to be a constant outlier.

Economist 42 approve 54 disapprove

Reuters 38 approve 57 disapprove

You can generally take five full points off the Rasmussen approval number and add it to the disapprove number because of their flawed methodology.

Two other polls out today also - both do NOT use the flawed methodology that Ras uses causing them to be a constant outlier.

You can generally take five full points off the Rasmussen approval number and add it to the disapprove number because of their flawed methodology.

Links?

(you know how I like to look at their numbers)

Never mind. I found them at that RCP link the other member gave.

Economist/YouGov. Online poll.

Reuters/Ipsos. Online poll.

These polls, unlike Rasmussen, are hardly more credible than the CBS poll during the SOTU.

btw, that Reuters/Ipsos poll?

Dems - 39%
Reps - 32%
Inds - 16%

Current Gallup Party Affiliation.

Dems - 34%
Reps - 25%
Inds - 39%

Do you see what's wrong with that picture?

Last edited:

Yogy.

You can generally adjust these wing polls by about 5-7 points because of their left wing bias

Enjoy your sugar high. :mrgreen:

EAB06CAF-5033-4C8F-9FBE-FE09DC4A825F.jpg

SOTU is largely a freebie and most Presidents get a bump right after. He did well for Trump, but he didn't exactly win over all the people he has alienated. It was well written and he kept to the script and delivered just fine. We'll see what happens when he steps away from the unanswered spotlight.

You can generally adjust these wing polls by about 5-7 points because of their left wing bias

We adjust Rasmussen because of their proven faulty methodology. That has been long established. There is nothing to support your statement here.

Links?

(you know how I like to look at their numbers)

Never mind. I found them at that RCP link the other member gave.

Economist/YouGov. Online poll.

Reuters/Ipsos. Online poll.

These polls, unlike Rasmussen, are hardly more credible than the CBS poll during the SOTU.

btw, that Reuters/Ipsos poll?

Dems - 39%
Reps - 32%
Inds - 16%

Current Gallup Party Affiliation.

Dems - 34%
Reps - 25%
Inds - 39%

Do you see what's wrong with that picture?

No. Tell me.

btw- I normally go to REAL CLEAR POLITICS POLLS for the info and I did today.

SOTU is largely a freebie and most Presidents get a bump right after. He did well for Trump, but he didn't exactly win over all the people he has alienated. It was well written and he kept to the script and delivered just fine. We'll see what happens when he steps away from the unanswered spotlight.

Trump has already displayed a case of diarrhea of the mouth just hours both before and after his speech.

Speaking of strangely silent I've been looking for polls on how Abrams rebuttal was received and what her viewership ratings were and have found neither.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why would you look for that? Generally the rebuttal is seen by a small fraction of those who watch the SOTU no matter which party holds the office or who gives the reply. Its just the way it is.

Even the major political junkie that I am only watched about a minute of it while I did watch the entire SOTU.

say it with me, kids!

RASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMUSSEN!

:lol:

No. Tell me.

btw- I normally go to REAL CLEAR POLITICS POLLS for the info and I did today.

opt-in online polls...useless.

SERIOUSLY undersampling an entire demographic...Independents...totally dishonest.

You tout these bogus polls as if they really mean something...pathetic.

We adjust Rasmussen because of their proven faulty methodology. That has been long established. There is nothing to support your statement here.

Do you have a platinum membership to Rasmussen? I don't. That's why I don't know anything about their methodology or their sampling data.

Can you give the that info?

Why would you look for that? Generally the rebuttal is seen by a small fraction of those who watch the SOTU no matter which party holds the office or who gives the reply. Its just the way it is.

Even the major political junkie that I am only watched about a minute of it while I did watch the entire SOTU.
Because I'm curious how her response was received by people

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

opt-in online polls...useless.

SERIOUSLY undersampling an entire demographic...Independents...totally dishonest.

You tout these bogus polls as if they really mean something...pathetic.

What evidence do you have to support each one of your statements?

Back
Top Bottom