• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump approval rate is 48% -- Rasmussen

I don't put much stock into any poll. Remember when the consensus said Trump would not win the primaries and then he did? Oh, and we all know how wrong they were in the presidential election exit polls.
Poll numbers change so quickly from day to day, and depending on the poll, I'd imagine Trump will get a boost after tonight's state of the union address.

I’d like to point out the polls in the Republican Party race were fairly accurate. In the 2016 election too for the most part. And they were fantastic in 2018.

I think you’re remembering all the pundits who said Trump would never win the primaries and that clearly the polls would change as the primaries drew closer. But Trump led with a plurality basically from when he announced to the end.

48%? “Fabulous”? “Doing GREAT”?

This must be that “new math” I keep hearing about.

When I was a kid, 48% was well into “failing” territory.

Funny but could be (and has been) used against every President. A template joke, but not a bad one.

Considering it’s no where near “night” in “Florida”...I’d say that’s a pretty safe assumption.

It is however, approaching midnight in Moscow

It was 3:40 in Florida at the time of the post. 11:40 pm somewhere else....

Rasmussen :lamo That's like posting a Sean Hannity poll that shows Trump approval rating. :lamo

Actually Rasmussen is always among the top five or so polling organizations in accuracy. They are never in the middle or bottom. Unlike many, they poll only likely voters and they make sure their polling data is fairly represented among Republicans, Democrats, and Independents.

Well I see the Loony lib chorus is in full voice with their recurring rendition of "Rasmussen, nuh, uh" . The interesting point is that he's up 5 points in a week.

Actually Rasmussen is always among the top five or so polling organizations in accuracy. They are never in the middle or bottom. Unlike many, they poll only likely voters and they make sure their polling data is fairly represented among Republicans, Democrats, and Independents.

I will never understand why some people feel the need to post claims that are so blatantly false and easily disproven

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

They were the least accurate poll in 2018. And although their national poll performed well in 2016, this isn't usually the case. I recently looked at their polls for the past decade to see if one poster's claim that they almost always favored Democrats was correct. Besides favoring the GOP nearly exclusively, they were often near the bottom in terms of closest margin to the final result.

I looked to see if this was true. So I looked at the final Rasmussen poll compared to the actual results for every race they submitted a poll in the last 2 weeks of the campaign since 2010. (All from RCP)

Errors in favor of GOP: 48

2010: (GCB, California-Sen, Nevada-Sen, West Virginia-Sen, Washington-Sen, Pennsylvania-Sen, Illinois-Sen, Colorado-Sen, Connecticut-Sen, Wisconsin-Sen, Kentucky-Sen, Alaska-Sen, California-Gov, New Hampshire-Gov, Colorado-Gov, Connecticut-Gov, Florida-Gov, Hawaii-Gov, Illinois-Gov, Massachusetts-Gov, Ohio-Gov, Oregon-Gov, Arizona-Gov, Georgia-Gov, New Mexico-Gov, South Carolina-Gov, Wisconsin-Gov.)
2012: (National-Pres, Nevada-Pres, Colorado-Pres, Iowa-Pres, Pennsylvania-Pres, New Hampshire-Pres, Michigan-Pres, Wisconsin-Pres, Ohio-Pres, Virginia-Pres, Minnesota-Pres, Wisconsin-Sen, Virginia-Sen, North Dakota-Sen, Nevada-Sen, Montana-Sen, Indiana-Sen, Washington-Gov, New Hampshire-Gov)
2016: (National-Pres)
2018: (GCB)

Errors in favor of Dems: 6

2010: (Missouri-Sen, Minnesota-Gov, Texas-Gov)
2012: (Arizona-Pres)
2013: (Virginia-Gov)
2014: (GCB)

If I rounded the polls off then there would be a couple ties such as 2016's national poll and 2012's Arizona Presidential poll.

Newsweek and Marketwatch!

That's like asking the Politburo how the Soviet Union was.!! :lamo

Sorry you're so twigguh'd that you can't actually address the polling data.

And why would an admitted lifelong Marxist like you complain about the Soviet Union?

Irrelevant to the veracity of the poll, but you're welcome to prove it inaccurate if you can.
Further discussion with you isn't worth it.

Well I see the Loony lib chorus is in full voice with their recurring rendition of "Rasmussen, nuh, uh" . The interesting point is that he's up 5 points in a week.

It would be interesting if some or all polls showed that. But here's the change from the most recent polls to the previous poll by margin.

Politico (Unchanged)
Rasmussen (+7%)
Economist (+2%)
Quinnipiac (-5%)
Reuters/Ipsos (-2%)
Gallup (Unchanged)
The Hill/Harris (Unchanged)

I don't see much of a pattern.

I don’t know why anyone would cherry pick one favorable poll while ignoring all of the others.

Because that's how Trumpers operate. Fudge the facts to present a new reality.

It would be interesting if some or all polls showed that. But here's the change from the most recent polls to the previous poll by margin.

Politico (Unchanged)
Rasmussen (+7%)
Economist (+2%)
Quinnipiac (-5%)
Reuters/Ipsos (-2%)
Gallup (Unchanged)
The Hill/Harris (Unchanged)

I don't see much of a pattern.
Rasmussen does a daily poll, I don't believe those others do. Ras polls "likely voters" I'm not sure about the others. I've mentioned before I'm more interested in trends than specific data points.

These Rasmussen Approval sightings floor me. Trump is generally underwater even with Rasmussen and yet even if Rasmussen blips up for Trump we get a new thread. Its really Hysterical.

Rasmussen does a daily poll, I don't believe those others do. Ras polls "likely voters" I'm not sure about the others. I've mentioned before I'm more interested in trends than specific data points.

Trends are definitely more interesting than specific data points. But one poll's trends are usually noise if there are no similar trends among the other polls. Rasmussen is the only one with daily polls, the rest I used are weekly. But they don't reflect the kind of change found in Rasmussen. Maybe there next polls will show something, but polls, especially daily polls like Rasmussen, bounce around all the time. The ABC/WaPo daily tracking poll they did in 2016 for instance went from a double digit Clinton lead to a 5 point Trump lead and back all in 2 weeks.

You realize Rasmussen and one other polling company were the only 2 that had Trump winning in 2016, dont you??

And those two polls were two of the farthest off what they purported to be measuring, which is the national popular vote. If they were somehow trying to measure the electoral vote and called it right, that might be more impressive.

Trends are definitely more interesting than specific data points. But one poll's trends are usually noise if there are no similar trends among the other polls. Rasmussen is the only one with daily polls, the rest I used are weekly. But they don't reflect the kind of change found in Rasmussen. Maybe there next polls will show something, but polls, especially daily polls like Rasmussen, bounce around all the time. The ABC/WaPo daily tracking poll they did in 2016 for instance went from a double digit Clinton lead to a 5 point Trump lead and back all in 2 weeks.
Rasmussen's haven't bounced that much recently. The actually use a three-day sliding average to level things out. I'm looking forward to seeing the effect SOTU tonight has on the next three days' results.

You realize Rasmussen and one other polling company were the only 2 that had Trump winning in 2016, dont you??

Couple of problems with your post.

Rasmussen had Clinton (not Trump) winning by 2. They did not have Trump winning. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.1 percent.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html

Also, you are confusing election polls with job approval polls. They are not the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom