• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump apparently grifting his supporters for CNN lawsuit funding

Buckeyes85

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

It appears Trump has been emailing his dedicated fan base in an effort to gin up money for his threatened lawsuit against CNN.

“I’m calling on my best and most dedicated supporters to add their names to stand with me in my impending lawsuit against fake news CNN,” wrote Trump. “Add your name immediately to show your support for my upcoming lawsuit against fake news CNN.”

That begging was followed by a link to his donation site.

I'm sure after raising millions from his idiot followers, then never files suit, or the suit is summarily dismissed, he'll send them all their money back.

The grift never ends with this guy. And of course, it begs the question, why would a purported billionaire like Trump, need to beg for money in order to pay legal fees?

OF course the Trumpers on here will proclaim this fake news based upon the source. But I bet some of them actually got the grift email themselves and won't admit it.

it's always about the $$$$.

otherwise, the ex-president would have to work a job like all the people here who support him.

That's right, Trumpists. You are commanded to give the corrupt blob more of your money to ow the libs and prove we were wrong about how awful he is.

Go on. Get out the check book. You got orders.

otherwise, the ex-president would have to work a job like all the people here who support him.
That's the thing. If he's as rich as he claims to be, he obviously doesn't need the money so why does he so shamelessly fleece his cult for more?

The grifter Trump is running yet another con job on his minions.
Big surprise there.
What is surprising is that they will probably fall for the scan once again.
Evidently there are not the brightest.

It appears Trump has been emailing his dedicated fan base in an effort to gin up money for his threatened lawsuit against CNN.

“I’m calling on my best and most dedicated supporters to add their names to stand with me in my impending lawsuit against fake news CNN,” wrote Trump. “Add your name immediately to show your support for my upcoming lawsuit against fake news CNN.”

I'm sure after raising millions from his idiot followers, then never files suit, or the suit is summarily dismissed, he'll send them all their money back.

The grift never ends with this guy. And of course, it begs the question, why would a purported billionaire like Trump, need to beg for money in order to pay legal fees?

OF course the Trumpers on here will proclaim this fake news based upon the source. But I bet some of them actually got the grift email themselves and won't admit it.
It's always about the money with him.

Grifter got to grift.

This "election was stolen" line is so old. His backers should ask the evidence to be presented before giving any donation are provided. Demand something more than the 2000 Mules or Cyber Ninjas type "evidence".

What is so sad is it has bled over to State elections. In Arizona Kari Lake stated there was "election fraud" happening in Arizona before the voting started. When asked to produce the evidence she went on the rampage of "fake news reporters" and she would not provide the evidence.

The old saying applies to those that donate to Trump
"Fool Me Once, Shame on You; Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me "

Some people never learn.:giggle:

That's the thing. If he's as rich as he claims to be, he obviously doesn't need the money so why does he so shamelessly fleece his cult for more?

Because he can! Can't figure out how he keeps getting away with it.

Because he can! Can't figure out how he keeps getting away with it.
Oh, I think you know how he gets away with it. His ardent followers are gullible idiots.

The RNC also told him if he runs for POTUS they will not pay his legal bills.

The worse part is that most of his supporters who donate to him are the poorest ones

Oh how I cannot stand this con artist for over 30 years

It's a mental aberration with Trump. He doesn't know how sick he really is.

Does anyone here love money more than your families (like the ex-president)?

Does anyone here love money more than your friends?

Does anyone here love money more than your religion?

Does anyone here love money more than your families (like the ex-president)?

Does anyone here love money more than your friends?

Does anyone here love money more than your religion?
Not sure that last point has any relevance to Trump in that he only acts like he's a christian. (And doesn't do a very good job of it).

In case your not one of the lucky ones on their mailing list, here's the email. Got mine the other day and the link takes you to a donation page.

In case your not one of the lucky ones on their mailing list, here's the email. Got mine the other day and the link takes you to a donation page.

Grift-marketing ingenuity on a genius level. Even though it's for his personal benefit it's never presented as such. It's always for the good of America and its people.

Trump is mortgaged to his eyeballs. he had to grift for over a decade just to maintain the interest on his debt. He recently refinanced his debt, having to rely on a trump supporter to take on the risky debt as far too high a percentage of his firm's portfolio, since nobody else will touch it.

Basically, Trump found a rich supporter willing to eat his debt.

Trump is mortgaged to his eyeballs. he had to grift for over a decade just to maintain the interest on his debt. He recently refinanced his debt, having to rely on a trump supporter to take on the risky debt as far too high a percentage of his firm's portfolio, since nobody else will touch it.

Basically, Trump found a rich supporter willing to eat his debt.
Well none of that surprises me in the least.

Well none of that surprises me in the least.
Of course, the rich supporter is using other people's money to eventually eat the debt. It's another grift. He will bankrupt his capital firm to prop up the orange pile of crap. And he will walk away just fine, while his investors cobble together what they have left to try to sue him for mismanagement.

Back
Top Bottom