• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Announces Troops Leaving Syria

So... It turned out the CNN report was valid after all?

Apparently so. Just goes to show you... even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

That aside, this is a very bad decision if this is actually the intent of the POTUS. I can't even begin to describe how bad. I'm very disappointed and alarmed. At the very least it should have been used to obtain some concessions to insure regional security. Mattis and Nikki Haley have done an incredible job and now it appears it may be wasted. You would think Trump who knows the Art of dealing would have at least gotten something in return. This is going to come back to haunt us. Trumps lack of education in regards to military matters has always been one of my concerns. Here he has obviously decided to overrule his experts and wrongly so.

Apparently so. Just goes to show you... even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

That aside, this is a very bad decision if this is actually the intent of the POTUS. I can't even begin to describe how bad. I'm very disappointed and alarmed. At the very least it should have been used to obtain some concessions to insure regional security. Mattis and Nikki Haley have done an incredible job and now it appears it may be wasted. You would think Trump who knows the Art of dealing would have at least gotten something in return. This is going to come back to haunt us. Trumps lack of education in regards to military matters has always been one of my concerns. Here he has obviously decided to overrule his experts and wrongly so.

Yeah, well, he's Trump.

His base will be okay with it. Like he said, he could shoot somebody in broad daylight, on 5th Avenue, and it's all good. (Probably was Obama's fault he shot the person anyways, right?)

Hell, I'm not even a Trumptard and I'm cool with getting out of that ****hole. **** 'em.

I would expect no less than a grand screw-up from him. But still. **** Syria. **** Russia. **** Iran. **** the whole middle east. Turn the whole damn place into a glass parking lot. I really don't care.

BUT....

Don't tell me Isis is defeated until they change their name to Waswas.

Last edited:
Yeah, well, he's Trump.

His base will be okay with it. Like he said, he could shoot somebody in broad daylight, on 5th Avenue, and it's all good. (Probably was Obama's fault he shot the person anyways, right?)

Hell, I'm not even a Trumptard and I'm cool with getting out of that ****hole. **** 'em.

I would expect no less than a grand screw-up from him. But still. **** Syria. **** Russia. **** Iran. **** the whole middle east. Turn the whole damn place into a glass parking lot. I really don't care.

BUT....

Don't tell me Isis is defeated until they change their name to Waswas.

Wow! Are you with us or against us?

When senators and house members to include media asked white house for a schedule and timetable they were referred to the Pentagon.

Pentagon is referring everyone back to the White House. All fall down.

US forces in Syria will meanwhile remain in place. This could go on indefinitely. One suspects it will go on indefinitely.

If Trump Himself orders Pentagon to present an operations order to him retreat from Syria one can imagine it could take Pentagon a long long time to devise one. Indeed, armed services committees of congress could call in the joint chiefs to air this, to include of course secdef Mattis, and take turns mutually nitpicking any and all plans to withdraw the residual force in Syria. Wink wink.

It's what would happen guaranteed if Trump suddenly up and announced a US troop withdrawal from South Korea, or Japan, Germany, Poland, Romania, Qatar and so on. We recall Trump said during the campaign he would "fire the generals," yet Mr. Tough Guy hasn't fired a general yet. If Trump might fire Mattis which is highly unlikely, it would be a matter of time before Trump Himself got Himself fired.

Newp. This is a gift to Assad, to Putin and, unfortunately, to Hezbollah and the IRGC.

Indeed, and there's a Trump Tower in this near and far to Syria. More than one of 'em for sure. Each Trump and Putin will meanwhile have a Merry Christmas. Jeopardizing further the national security to also flash attention away from the 17 investigations does not go over well at Pentagon. Trump's crocodile tears over American troops hasn't ever gone over well at Pentagon, to say the least of it.

The Korean peninsula today joined in the Trump Free For All of US troops being recalled to a homeland with a wall around it...

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea said Thursday that it won’t give up nuclear weapons until the United States does, toughening its stance as the year draws to a close with no sign of progress in breaking an impasse in talks between the two sides.

The statement, carried on the state-run Korean Central News Agency, reinforced concerns that Pyongyang and Washington remained far apart on the definition of denuclearization despite agreeing to the general concept in their historic June 12 summit in Singapore.

"The United States must now recognize the accurate meaning of the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, and especially, must study geography," KCNA reported. References to the peninsula included South Korea, “where the United States has placed its invasive force, including nuclear weapons,” it said.

The United States removed tactical nuclear weapons from South Korea in the 1990s, but it maintains about 28,500 servicemembers on the divided peninsula and more than 50,000 in neighboring Japan and Guam.

“When we talk about the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, it means the removal of all sources of nuclear threat, not only from the South and North but also from areas neighboring the Korean Peninsula,” according to the statement.

Experts have warned the North may rekindle its demand that the U.S. withdraw troops from the South as the communist state considers them a threat.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacifi...n-latest-sign-of-frustration-with-us-1.561403

North Korea the Stalinist State.

First of all, you quoted CNN. This isn't a valid source of news. You should strive to upgrade to more legitimate sources.

This story clearly indicates WHY you shouldn't rely on CNN for valid news. Here they took a small snippet of truth and then "analyzed" for the reader in a manner which is completely devoid of any understanding of Defense. A low level source CNN used as a source informed them the Defense Department is planning on a rapid withdrawal from Syria. CNN's analysis then claimed this meant this was to be policy as set forth by the administration. Plans such as these are CONSTANTLY being drawn up in advance. They also have plans for a rapid deployment and full scale eradication of Assad's and Putin's forces. Understand there are defense systems in place which, upon command orders, can immediately begin to put in place plans drawn up in advance. There are field officers whose entire job is to understand a particular region and all of its Geopolitical participants and draw up contingencies. If the need should arise these contingency plans can be pulled up and we already have a thorough understanding of what should be done and it is rapidly put in place. This doesn't mean this is the process which is being put in place. It is just planning.

This is the type of irresponsible or at best ignorant reporting spewed out by CNN. It is designed to undermine our presence in Syria by a "news" organization which is at best irresponsible and ignorant and at worst subversive.

Wasn’t sure if this post was in earnest or satire; not much interaction with the author. Talk about responding before any knowledge is gained.........”irresronsible and ignorant” indeed! Trump had undermined our presence in Syria all by himself.

Wasn’t sure if this post was in earnest or satire; not much interaction with the author. Talk about responding before any knowledge is gained.........”irresronsible and ignorant” indeed! Trump had undermined our presence in Syria all by himself.

I read the article. I just didn't believe it. But that's not my fault. After all, it is CNN.

I read the article. I just didn't believe it. But that's not my fault. After all, it is CNN.

It has been my experience that when CNN get it wrong, they issue a correction/retraction. Your post was pretty specific in pointing out why the article was “wrong.”

If your post is “not your fault,” then where does the fault lie?

Your post: ”First of all, you quoted CNN. This isn't a valid source of news. You should strive to upgrade to more legitimate sources.

This story clearly indicates WHY you shouldn't rely on CNN for valid news. Here they took a small snippet of truth and then "analyzed" for the reader in a manner which is completely devoid of any understanding of Defense. A low level source CNN used as a source informed them the Defense Department is planning on a rapid withdrawal from Syria. CNN's analysis then claimed this meant this was to be policy as set forth by the administration. Plans such as these are CONSTANTLY being drawn up in advance. They also have plans for a rapid deployment and full scale eradication of Assad's and Putin's forces. Understand there are defense systems in place which, upon command orders, can immediately begin to put in place plans drawn up in advance. There are field officers whose entire job is to understand a particular region and all of its Geopolitical participants and draw up contingencies. If the need should arise these contingency plans can be pulled up and we already have a thorough understanding of what should be done and it is rapidly put in place. This doesn't mean this is the process which is being put in place. It is just planning.

This is the type of irresponsible or at best ignorant reporting spewed out by CNN. It is designed to undermine our presence in Syria by a "news" organization which is at best irresponsible and ignorant and at worst subversive.

I don't know anything, but this certainly tracks like he's concerned that he may not survive an impeachment, and is trying to return favors while he can.

Who benefits most from this withdrawal? It seem like that's the Syrian government and their Russian allies, as they'll be the biggest players after we leave.

Honestly though, I don't see how he loses an impeachment vote in the Senate. I just don't see the GOP bending like that even after the Trump Foundation decision, barring even more serious revelations to come.
I do happen to know those and a few other things...

The first is, yes, impeachment may truly be in the offing, I could almost say its a definite. What is absolutely not iffy is, as you allude, that the right overwhelmingly retains the Senate.

Impeachment, proven only a false accusation in the Senate, will be overturned, reflect poorly on the venomous vindictive out of control left that has clearly shown us all its ass, its true ends justifying means motivations in Kavanaugh v Ford [see 83 dismissals by Fed judge panel and We, the American public].
So that is something as solid as we both can know.

Number 2 FACT is that there is not a single shred of ANY verified evidence, much less near match the standard of a proof, of ANY Trump campaign illegal activities with the Ru Rus Russ Russians.

And, especially for people who want us to quit sticking our noses everywhere, what need we be there for? The ME is was, and will be for the foreseeable future, an unsolvable mess.

We have enough energy and supply of our own, let Europe and the rest of the world fend for itself awhile... come in strategically when an ISIS type pops its head up, kill it before it reproduces.

Which ultimately means we cannot elect slenderfella types that won't pull the trigger

Cheaper, so less American blood and treasure misspent over the inexorable. Maybe then the EU will pull its head out of those places arrears and start acting like the adults, mindful of their horrendous errors of the past but required to participate in their own future, they need be. If only to hold up their end of what has been a very magnanimous bargain by the US taxpayers. We benefitted too, sure no doubt.

I cannot tell, don't know if Europe sufficiently wants to survive tho.

If there is any one place on the globe where it benefits to back out the way we came... its there in the Middle East. Let the treacherous Saudis duke it out with the even more treacherous Iran Syria Russians for a bit, see if they don't pull more in alignment with countering their own terrorism outreaches, clean up the family business, modernize in a more Western and freer manner... or not.

We could use a bit of distance to stand back and survey, see what is what and, as always, do what is in our, America's, primary interests short and long term.

The first is, yes, impeachment may truly be in the offing, I could almost say its a definite. What is absolutely not iffy is, as you allude, that the right overwhelmingly retains the Senate.

Impeachment, proven only a false accusation in the Senate, will be overturned, reflect poorly on the venomous vindictive out of control left that has clearly shown us all its ass, its true ends justifying means motivations in Kavanaugh v Ford [see 83 dismissals by Fed judge panel and We, the American public].
So that is something as solid as we both can know.

Number 2 FACT is that there is not a single shred of ANY verified evidence, much less near match the standard of a proof, of ANY Trump campaign illegal activities with the Ru Rus Russ Russians.

And, especially for people who want us to quit sticking our noses everywhere, what need we be there for? The ME is was, and will be for the foreseeable future, an unsolvable mess.

We have enough energy and supply of our own, let Europe and the rest of the world fend for itself awhile... come in strategically when an ISIS type pops its head up, kill it before it reproduces.

Which ultimately means we cannot elect slenderfella types that won't pull the trigger

Cheaper, so less American blood and treasure misspent over the inexorable. Maybe then the EU will pull its head out of those places arrears and start acting like the adults, mindful of their horrendous errors of the past but required to participate in their own future, they need be. If only to hold up their end of what has been a very magnanimous bargain by the US taxpayers. We benefitted too, sure no doubt.

I cannot tell, don't know if Europe sufficiently wants to survive tho.

If there is any one place on the globe where it benefits to back out the way we came... its there in the Middle East. Let the treacherous Saudis duke it out with the even more treacherous Iran Syria Russians for a bit, see if they don't pull more in alignment with countering their own terrorism outreaches, clean up the family business, modernize in a more Western and freer manner... or not.

We could use a bit of distance to stand back and survey, see what is what and, as always, do what is in our, America's, primary interests short and long term.

Smaller states align with the major powers, which are the USA, China, Russia. When one is absent the other two gain. Neither of the other two -- Russia and China of course -- are interested in allowing the United States to exist as a nation that is sovereign and independent and that is able to effectively implement its national security. In the USA domestically the challenge is that the Putin-Trump-Fanboys Triumvirate know this and that they are pursuing it actively, with aggressive tactics and unrelenting determination.

It has been my experience that when CNN get it wrong, they issue a correction/retraction. Your post was pretty specific in pointing out why the article was “wrong.”

If your post is “not your fault,” then where does the fault lie?

Your post: ”First of all, you quoted CNN. This isn't a valid source of news. You should strive to upgrade to more legitimate sources.

The fault lies with CNN. I and just about every other half sane person no longer watches CNN. I had a friend of mine who kept trying to get me to watch CNN. I finally agreed just to satiate him. That night even he couldn't believe the BS they were spewing and at the end they had to make THREE retractions at the end to apologize for recent coverage from previous days shown to be unsubstantiated political biased BS. We both got a good laugh at that and even he doesn't watch CNN anymore. Even Ted Turner admitted there were no longer a legitimate news source, but rather little more than a DNC sounding board little different from Joy Behar on The View. So you'll have to forgive me if I just immediately dispense with anyone from CNN until I see it on a valid source.

The fault lies with CNN. I and just about every other half sane person no longer watches CNN. I had a friend of mine who kept trying to get me to watch CNN. I finally agreed just to satiate him. That night even he couldn't believe the BS they were spewing and at the end they had to make THREE retractions at the end to apologize for recent coverage from previous days shown to be unsubstantiated political biased BS. We both got a good laugh at that and even he doesn't watch CNN anymore. Even Ted Turner admitted there were no longer a legitimate news source, but rather little more than a DNC sounding board little different from Joy Behar on The View. So you'll have to forgive me if I just immediately dispense with anyone from CNN until I see it on a valid source.

You are forgiven; you will have to reciprocate if I when I run across your posts in the future, I think of the words ignorant, irresponsible and subversive. Merry Christmas! :2wave:

Smaller states align with the major powers, which are the USA, China, Russia. When one is absent the other two gain. Neither of the other two -- Russia and China of course -- are interested in allowing the United States to exist as a nation that is sovereign and independent and that is able to effectively implement its national security. In the USA domestically the challenge is that the Putin-Trump-Fanboys Triumvirate know this and that they are pursuing it actively, with aggressive tactics and unrelenting determination.
Putin-Trump-Fanboys Triumvirate, eh?

I think you need to switch channels, maybe find a non fictional political network from which to gather your bread crumbs. Just a suggestion... and maybe get out into the real world a bit more.

Good luck.

Putin-Trump-Fanboys Triumvirate, eh?

I think you need to switch channels, maybe find a non fictional political network from which to gather your bread crumbs. Just a suggestion... and maybe get out into the real world a bit more.

Good luck.

TY but unnecessary. I do fine luck or not. It's not a factor.

I'd congratulate you on your erudition but I wouldn't care to distract you from your omniscience. Then there is your supremacy and your extensive cosmopolitan sophistication -- as self presented of course. Nor would I want to unsettle your bent against MSM which squawk is a standard predictable and pedestrian Right Whinge preoccupation if not an arm flapping obsession.

I thanked you because I appreciate your mentioning the Putin-Trump-Fanboys Triumvirate so that I don't have to mention it again in this post. It's a lot to type ain't it. You gotta believe to do it. Which brings us to Trump's vacuously emotive statement trying to justify his total withdrawal of US forces from Syria -- our boys and young women etc etc. It's the epitome of fraud. That is, he hasn't any legitimate reason for his order. Nor does Trump have any sense or feeling toward the personnel of the armed forces. One can only conclude therefore that the order he gave to Pentagon was given to him by another, i.e., a higher authority that looms over Potus/Cinc in all such things and over which Trump has no resistance. Or desire to resist. Nor does Trump care.

You are forgiven; you will have to reciprocate if I when I run across your posts in the future, I think of the words ignorant, irresponsible and subversive. Merry Christmas! :2wave:

You're welcome to it. It's a free forum after all. You must be watch CNN still. I was wondering who he was. Now we know. Their ratings are at like 1 or 2 I think. You're half their audience. lol.
Also I'm not liberal so I'm not afraid of free speech.

Last edited:
We should have never been in Syria in the first place. It has been in the Russia sphere for way over half a century and our presences and arms only made matters worse. Assad as a strong arm man with Russia's help would have wiped out ISIS but for our involvement. Strong arm ME dictators absolutely do not tolerate radicals of any kind.

We should have never been in Syria in the first place. It has been in the Russia sphere for way over half a century and our presences and arms only made matters worse. Assad as a strong arm man with Russia's help would have wiped out ISIS but for our involvement. Strong arm ME dictators absolutely do not tolerate radicals of any kind.

Trump does not tolerate anything.

TY but unnecessary. I do fine luck or not. It's not a factor.

I'd congratulate you on your erudition but I wouldn't care to distract you from your omniscience. Then there is your supremacy and your extensive cosmopolitan sophistication -- as self presented of course. Nor would I want to unsettle your bent against MSM which squawk is a standard predictable and pedestrian Right Whinge preoccupation if not an arm flapping obsession.

I thanked you because I appreciate your mentioning the Putin-Trump-Fanboys Triumvirate so that I don't have to mention it again in this post. It's a lot to type ain't it. You gotta believe to do it. Which brings us to Trump's vacuously emotive statement trying to justify his total withdrawal of US forces from Syria -- our boys and young women etc etc. It's the epitome of fraud. That is, he hasn't any legitimate reason for his order. Nor does Trump have any sense or feeling toward the personnel of the armed forces. One can only conclude therefore that the order he gave to Pentagon was given to him by another, i.e., a higher authority that looms over Potus/Cinc in all such things and over which Trump has no resistance. Or desire to resist. Nor does Trump care.
Wow, such a long senseless defense of the defenseless.

Got any evidence...??? Not proof, because we KNOW you got none of that. What is the silliness you base all this childish nonsense on, pray tell? I will tell you in case you are not self-aware... its just the talking points of the globalist establishment elites... on the payroll or just, as your boy Lenin would classify it, a "useful idiot" in their cause?

Or do you even know yourself?

Wow, such a long senseless defense of the defenseless.

Got any evidence...??? Not proof, because we KNOW you got none of that. What is the silliness you base all this childish nonsense on, pray tell? I will tell you in case you are not self-aware... its just the talking points of the globalist establishment elites... on the payroll or just, as your boy Lenin would classify it, a "useful idiot" in their cause?

Or do you even know yourself?

Thanks for defining me to and for myself.

Without you I'd have remained hopelessly lost. You have enlightened me -- remade me. Shone the light down on me and to The Way.

Without your post I would have remained continuously as a dazed and confused leftist Stalinist Leninist Obamino. :lamo

Yep, so what I do know unmistakably is that you're a Trump Guy through and through. And that Trump is an ignoramus fringe crackpot nutcase supreme. With a cherry on top.

Thanks for defining me to and for myself.

Without you I'd have remained hopelessly lost. You have enlightened me -- remade me. Shone the light down on me and to The Way.

Without your post I would have remained continuously as a dazed and confused leftist Stalinist Leninist Obamino. :lamo

Yep, so what I do know unmistakably is that you're a Trump Guy through and through. And that Trump is an ignoramus fringe crackpot nutcase supreme. With a cherry on top.
Well now, you are quite welcome... while I cannot lay on hands and make the voluntarily blind see, as is plainly illustrated here for us, the voluntarily sighted... it was my pleasure to point out your posted faults and missteps.

You, additionally, have not the first clue about much of anything, much less about Trump and those who support what he is doing for America. So, you are anti America... we got it, unfortunately almost the entire nation is infected with it to tell the truth... and we are now attempting desperately to get rid of this progressive disease.

MAGA

There are estimates of between 200 and “a few thousand” troops in Syria. Lindsey Graham seemed to be caught off guard by the announcement. Why now? Is ISIS ‘defeated?’ There are different opinions on that as well.

https://apple.news/A0Y-5aUouRPSWDr-qnoQmLg

On Wednesday morning, the President tweeted, "we have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency."- from the linked article

No president has won the war in the Middle East since the beginning of time. Jesus said there would be wars and rumors of wars in the Middle East until He returns to judge the wicked for their ungodly sins.

Well now, you are quite welcome... while I cannot lay on hands and make the voluntarily blind see, as is plainly illustrated here for us, the voluntarily sighted... it was my pleasure to point out your posted faults and missteps.

You, additionally, have not the first clue about much of anything, much less about Trump and those who support what he is doing for America. So, you are anti America... we got it, unfortunately almost the entire nation is infected with it to tell the truth... and we are now attempting desperately to get rid of this progressive disease.

MAGA

The only real approach is a second national reconstruction once the Putin-Trump-Fanboys Triumvirate is dumped from their purloined positions of power. There are so many Fanboys everywhere that a reconstruction of a national scope becomes necessary. It needs to complete the unfinished reconstruction post civil war that was cut short by the racist South in the election of 1878.

So a second reconstruction is required. Under the Constitution of course or at least what's left of the Constitution after the Triumvirate is separated from mangling it and after we repair and revise it. Which is why I advise my friends to pay attention to all this shouting and hollering about walls. I also recommend to my colleagues and friends to go long on blindfolds and cigarettes. Make a buck in the process.

Back
Top Bottom