• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump announces intention to run for a third term

Trump demands he get a ‘redo’ of the last 4 years because it was too hard for him to do his job – Raw Story

Yeah, the headline is biased, blah blah...

However, there is this gem

He seems to think the Constitution doesn't apply to him somehow.

I knew it wouldn’t be long for him to start arguing for more than two terms. I honestly see his argument and position getting more and more serious. It’s crazy because his supporters think it’s absolutely acceptable. I think if he tries to make some kind of semi-sophisticated argument as to why he should have more than two terms in office, his supporters would cheer for that and support that happening.

True, but someone might tell he has to win the second before trying to change the rules to run for another. Heck four more years of trump and there wouldn't be a Nation left to run for.

He said, if he loses it will be because the election is rigged. So there’s that. Trump already thinks he’s owed more than two terms

He, unlike 90% of liberals, actually has a sense of humor. ;)

Oh really, do you hope that every single president after Trump has the same sense of humor? Do you want to see every single president in the future of the United States talk, sorry, joke about being appointed as president for life? Yeah, what a laugh riot. Maybe we get a super funny president who jokes about tossing out the Second Amendment, confiscating all guns, and torturing Americans for openly criticizing him. That would be so funny.

Ah yes, when Trump misspeaks, it’s always a joke. Of course, jokes should be funny. This wasn’t.

This was walked back by his handlers too: “When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases,” Trump said. “So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’ ”

“Russia, if you’re listening,” was later walked back too.

“He made a joke,” press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters in 2017 after another of Trump’s loony comments (challenging Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to an IQ test). “Maybe you guys should get a sense of humor and try it sometimes.”

The Trumpist Way:

2m98yhkl2uu41.jpg

When Trump supporters do that, it reminds me of a Jim Jones quote. Both Trump supporters and Jones followers create a lot of cognitive dissonance to ignore the serious dangers and red flags in what is being literally said.

Check out this quote by Jim Jones. To most people, I think it would be really alarmed. To his followers, he didn't claim he was God. He didn't claim he was a prophet or savior. "Jim Jones is just there for all us," and when he had them practice ritualistic suicide, the most delusion followers convinced themselves that it was just a loyalty test and he wouldn't really go through with it.

It's shocking what people tell themselves to continue down a path.

What-you-need-to-believe-in-is-what-you-can-see...-If-you-see-me-as-your-friend-Ill-be-your-friend.-If-you-see-me-as-your-father-Ill-be-your-father-for-those-of-you-that-dont-ha.....-Jim-Jones.jpg

He said, if he loses it will be because the election is rigged. So there’s that. Trump already thinks he’s owed more than two terms

If he is not careful it will be him having to pay.

Not just seems to think, but REALLY thinks. Everyone knows Donald Trump thinks he is above the law because he has said it many times and done a lot of crap that is obviously illegal.

I have been told that American gun ownership is supposed to prevent this kind of stuff from happening

The only parts of the Constitution he cares for are the 2nd Amendment, because it gets him votes...and the 5th, because he'll be needing it real soon.

To be fair, Trump doesn't even like the 2nd Amendment

You know, the police saw that he was — the problem, they didn’t take any guns away. Now, that could have been policing. I think they should have taken them way anyway, whether they had the right or not.

To go to court would have taken a long time. So you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.

from whitehouse.gov
Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Bipartisan Members of Congress in Meeting on School and Community Safety
Issued on: February 28, 2018
Roosevelt Room​

Whether you think it's a joke or not, his campaign definitely was spied on... and at least some of that was done illegally.

The Durham report will lay out the extent of what took place soon enough.

If there were spies, spying on his campaign, they meant it as a joke.

Just shows that his haters are all so desperate. ;)

Pity the poor fools, I really do...

Trump is an idiot.

Whether you think it's a joke or not, his campaign definitely was spied on... and at least some of that was done illegally.

The Durham report will lay out the extent of what took place soon enough.

Doubt it. You'll stop hearing about it come December no matter who wins. It's just your little RW wet dream that Obama and all of his supporters will go to prison.

Just shows that his haters are all so desperate. ;)

Pity the poor fools, I really do...

He said he doesn't kid. So i'm taking him at face value. He said he doesn't joke, he said he woukd seek a third term. Do you not believe him?

To be fair, Trump doesn't even like the 2nd Amendment

You know, the police saw that he was — the problem, they didn’t take any guns away. Now, that could have been policing. I think they should have taken them way anyway, whether they had the right or not.

To go to court would have taken a long time. So you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.

from whitehouse.gov
Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Bipartisan Members of Congress in Meeting on School and Community Safety
Issued on: February 28, 2018
Roosevelt Room​

Well that was a joke too. Everything he ever says is a joke
Pay no attention to the man right in front if you.

When you watch it, you can tell the guy was getting high from his crowd (because he has had a lack of crowd cheering as of late), leaned over and talked to someone, and then came back to give us that great piece of theater. If it was not Donald Trump, we would call this an unforced error of enormous proportions during an election year. But, you know, joking about violating the United States Constitution is a-okay!

Trump is so funny, isn't he?

And the Constitution? Pffft. Let's all joke about it. Yeeha!

I know, right? Joking about the Constitution is just so wonderful. Giggle giggle! Snort snort!

Yes, you're right. Liberals don't joke about the Constitution. They respect it.

Back
Top Bottom