• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump announces commission to further 'patriotic education'

Its funny watching the idiot leftists shrieking about 'indoctrination' while they have been spoon fed leftist bullshit from the womb by the school systems, universtites [sic], and media with all their revisionsit [sic] hysterical garbage,

What leftist bullshit was spoon fed to me from the local school system or my university? Do you have examples, or is this just a baseless partisan rant, grounded in the right wing bullshit you've been spoon fed by Fox News and Rush et al. for the past 20-30 years? I know my guess!!

I graduated in 1973. I was taught about slavery, lynching, the KKK, Jim Crow, etc. I went to school and grew up in majority black city. I'm not sure what it is you think I am missing.

Always amazed by people who ‘remember’ exactly what they learned in school 50 years ago.

I guess it’s a proud declaration that they haven’t learned any history since they left.

Those people who publish their feelings as historical fact are always having to backtrack when they're challenged by people who have the facts. The question though is how many other feelings or opinions are being taught in public schools as facts,and that should be investigated,

Yes, we need a Truth Commission or something, headed up by someone appointed by Trump, to make sure what's taught doesn't stray from the accepted narrative!! MAGA!!

the contributions and efforts of the Spanish, French and so forth are all what created this nation....Florida, Louisiana, California, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico...in fact more than half of this nation had nothing to do with pilgrims.
So it had as much to do with 'Brownness' as well as 'Whiteness'.

Always amazed by people who ‘remember’ exactly what they learned in school 50 years ago.

I guess it’s a proud declaration that they haven’t learned any history since they left.
That's a rather goofy guess. You may not remember what you were taught in school but most people certainly do. Otherwise what's the point?

I graduated in 1973. I was taught about slavery, lynching, the KKK, Jim Crow, etc. I went to school and grew up in majority black city. I'm not sure what it is you think I am missing.
but you were briefed on it, not completely taught....I was educated in the 70s and 80s myself...I remember well my history books...and they were briefs on slavery and not education on them...it said essentially we had slavery, then Lincoln was elected, we had the Civil war and slavery ended..and that was the jist of it. I was never once showed or made to read the speeches given by the very first state to leave the union South Carolina or the racism that was from that...I was not taught that it was a black explorer with Ponce del Leon...and so forth...we were given this romantic version of bs

Yes, we need a Truth Commission or something, headed up by someone appointed by Trump, to make sure what's taught doesn't stray from the accepted narrative!! MAGA!!
Do you really think a Truth Commission" is necessary? Perhaps you're right if the curriculums are being constructed and designed by spaced out Leftists, resulting in the educational problems we see in the schools today. The 1619 Project is just a small example.. https://www.amazon.ca/Deliberate-Dumbing-Down-America-Chronological/dp/0966707109

but you were briefed on it, not completely taught....I was educated in the 70s and 80s myself...I remember well my history books...and they were briefs on slavery and not education on them...it said essentially we had slavery, then Lincoln was elected, we had the Civil war and slavery ended..and that was the jist of it. I was never once showed or made to read the speeches given by the very first state to leave the union South Carolina or the racism that was from that...I was not taught that it was a black explorer with Ponce del Leon...and so forth...we were given this romantic version of bs
A lot of that is because teachers don't have the time to examine history, or science, math and other subjects in greater detail. School is really a winnowing process. It's often up to the students themselves to investigate further if the subject interests them, which is why libraries were initiated.

A lot of that is because teachers don't have the time to examine history, or science, math and other subjects in greater detail. School is really a winnowing process. It's often up to the students themselves to investigate further if the subject interests them, which is why libraries were initiated.
it isn't even in the books...if it were there for them to investigate and not completely cut out of the curriculum you would have a point. The one thing that they did teach me, thank God....was every word of the Constitution...because I had a teacher who was very big on it.

Well, quote what you found compelling. Looked like partisan hackery from my seat. The gratuitous shot at Susan Rice wasn't necessary except in that light.
I know Susan Rice. She got what she deserved.

That's right, but the focus seems to be on "Whiteness".
in our history books, yes, it has been on the success of whites, not blacks or other minorities and the things they have done for this country. Had it not been for me knowing this....from my great grandma...I would not have known that Native Americans were not considered citizens until 1924. My grandmother btw, was born in Oklahoma territory in 1889. Although it wasn't until 1960 that all Natives were allowed to vote in every state..and it was the Voting rights act...that was destroyed in 2013, that gave it to them and don't think that Natives were being done a favor by giving citizenship...it was a move meant to destroy the nations and break them up forcing them to assimilate into white people....so, before you get all glossy eyed about how it was so great and that the intentions were pure...no, they were not.

Good for you. Much of the country, including the former CSA, was taught something else, a "great lie" if you will. They're still taught it - we see the "great lie" regurgitated on every thread the confederacy or the flag or the monuments. Odd that the 1619 opponents don't give a damn about those 'great lies.'

Who cares how you'd describe them. If they don't agree with you, they are propagating a "great lie" apparently, so by definition not "eminent" in your view.

I'm not following your bare links. If you have a point, quote it. It appears they're focusing on a semantic difference about the 'true' founding of America. The country was founded in 1776.... The 1619 claim doesn't dispute that but refers to a more ideological point.
Well, quote what you found compelling. Looked like partisan hackery from my seat. The gratuitous shot at Susan Rice wasn't necessary except in that light.
You're posting lots of conclusions in advance of learning. In fact, I've been a campaigner against Lost Cause and Confederacy BS my whole life. When I was working I always had a photo portrait of W.T. Sherman on my office wall. If you don't want to follow the links that's your business. I consider my point made.

You had me then you lost me at the bolded sentence. Find me any library that has banned any books by "the left". Remember how right-wing nuts want to strike evolution from all curriculum? Censorship is a right-wing type of abusiveness, my confused friend!
So you feel it's the 'right wing' who is blocking Conservative speakers at universities as well as not hiring Conservative professors or teachers, and firing or isolating those who don't follow left wing doctrine? You really are unaware of the damage done by the fascists at Berkeley and other educational venues? That's remarkable.

I know Susan Rice. She got what she deserved.

I don't care if you know her or like that he took a cheap shot at her that had nothing to do with anything but the guy showing his partisan hackery colors. Other than his cheap shot at Susan Rice, what did you find compelling? Or was that it?

So you feel it's the 'right wing' who is blocking Conservative speakers at universities as well as not hiring Conservative professors or teachers, and firing or isolating those who don't follow left wing doctrine? You really are unaware of the damage done by the fascists at Berkeley and other educational venues? That's remarkable.

And then Fred hated freedom of association.

What leftist bullshit was spoon fed to me from the local school system or my university? Do you have examples, or is this just a baseless partisan rant, grounded in the right wing bullshit you've been spoon fed by Fox News and Rush et al. for the past 20-30 years? I know my guess!!
You submit a post like that while believing you weren't propagandized? A lack of self awareness is a prerequisite for being a leftist.

I don't care if you know her or like that he took a cheap shot at her that had nothing to do with anything but the guy showing his partisan hackery colors. Other than his cheap shot at Susan Rice, what did you find compelling? Or was that it?
I just found it thoughtful throughout. There isn't a money quote. But you obviously read the whole thing or you wouldn't have found the passage about Rice.

You're posting lots of conclusions in advance of learning. In fact, I've been a campaigner against Lost Cause and Confederacy BS my whole life. When I was working I always had a photo portrait of W.T. Sherman on my office wall. If you don't want to follow the links that's your business. I consider my point made.
a bit off topic since you mentioned Sherman...my home is built on a home site that was burned by Sherman's army when they traveled through South Carolina from Charleston to Columbia heading up the railroad...I still have tin squares from that home and some of the bricks that were left. The railroad coincidentally runs right behind my backyard...just a tid bit of history I thought you would find interesting...the present home I live in now wasn't built until years later...it is though a replica of the original...and it was built ca 1890

it isn't even in the books...if it were there for them to investigate and not completely cut out of the curriculum you would have a point. The one thing that they did teach me, thank God....was every word of the Constitution...because I had a teacher who was very big on it.
Slavery was not mentioned in your American history books? That's a very serious omission and should be looked into.

Or maybe they're not affected by dementia.

Yep, Some Universities are a problem. I agree with you. There are liberal comedians and speakers who refuse to speak or perform at colleges for some of the reasons you stated. I happen to know there are a lot of conservative professors, though.. I had one.

a bit off topic since you mentioned Sherman...my home is built on a home site that was burned by Sherman's army when they traveled through South Carolina from Charleston to Columbia heading up the railroad...I still have tin squares from that home and some of the bricks that were left. The railroad coincidentally runs right behind my backyard...just a tid bit of history I thought you would find interesting...the present home I live in now wasn't built until years later...it is though a replica of the original...and it was built ca 1890
Interesting. Thanks. One of Sherman's more remarkable letters dates from the crossing into SC from GA. He noted that in "the seat of rebellion" he expected the troops would behave more violently.

You had me then you lost me at the bolded sentence. Find me any library that has banned any books by "the left". Remember how right-wing nuts want to strike evolution from all curriculum? Censorship is a right-wing type of abusiveness, my confused friend!
You're interfering with the right wing's favorite talking point, that the left is responsible for all the evil everywhere that has ever occurred in the country. Stop confusing us with facts.

Back
Top Bottom