• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump announced that he's taking declaring a national emergency off the table.

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Just 90 minutes ago, Trump announced that he no longer plans to declare a national emergency (for now)

"Now what would happen? I'll be sued and it will be brought to the 9th Circuit, and maybe even though the wording is unambiguous, just like with the travel ban, it'll be appealed to the 9th Circuit and we'll probably lose there too, and then hopefully we'll win in the Supreme Court. So, I'd rather not do it because this is something that Congress should easily do. So what we're not looking to do right now is national emergency. What we want to do and have an absolute right to do it, in many ways it's the easy way out. But this is up to Congress and it should be up to Congress they should do it."

Just 90 minutes ago, Trump announced that he no longer plans to declare a national emergency (for now)

"Now what would happen? I'll be sued and it will be brought to the 9th Circuit, and maybe even though the wording is unambiguous, just like with the travel ban, it'll be appealed to the 9th Circuit and we'll probably lose there too, and then hopefully we'll win in the Supreme Court. So, I'd rather not do it because this is something that Congress should easily do. So what we're not looking to do right now is national emergency. What we want to do and have an absolute right to do it, in many ways it's the easy way out. But this is up to Congress and it should be up to Congress they should do it."

trump just ran his mouth , he had ZERO chance of pulling this off

Which most likely means he will announce the emergency sometimes next week.

No doubt he is being told (by some Republicans) it will be tied up in courts and set a bad precedent for future IE: Democratic Presidents.....to use on a whim

Anytime after the shutdown becomes the longest in US history...........

It was probably just a threat anyway, grasping at straws to force Congress to cave to his demands.

Good stuff...You proud of some idiot running his mouth daily?.....Changing his position...Because it bothers the MSM?

As long as Liberals heads explode, or some drivel like that......It's all these losers care about.

Sam Clemens was wise beyond his years........

View attachment 67247805

This is Trump’s decision making process.....

Trump will change his mind tonight if Limbaugh and Coulter kick his fat ass.

i thought that Mexico was paying for it.

I like being right.

Trump should declare himself a national emergency as well as a national disaster.

The President and America would easily win the wall in the supreme court, especially with Ginsberg ready to croke.

But why go through a year of court for something he is winning now.

The President and America would easily win the wall in the supreme court, especially with Ginsberg ready to croke.

On what planet is he “winning” on this issue?

What’s “croke?” :3oops:

Latest update is she is doing fine.....Don't it make you mad...LOL

Anytime after the shutdown becomes the longest in US history...........

The longest shutdown in U.S. history? I may be wrong but I think Trump is going to change his mind, again.
When he realizes that the shutdown is a record breaker he will want to take credit for it. He has only the best shutdowns.

It was probably just a threat anyway, grasping at straws to force Congress to cave to his demands.

Most (actually all of it) is directed at his base of angry resentful men in the Red States....Truth is of little importance...They just like to hear him say it

Latest update is she is doing fine.....Don't it make you mad...LOL

Ya, just like she has a workout routine that most 20 year old athletes cant match.

Anything is possible, but she has missed 3 days of work, she did not miss a single day when her own husband died or after her last surgery. The court is all she has got.

Also the real update is the White House is making preparations to replace her. https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...der-ginsburgs-imminent-retirement-everywhere/

We are grownups discussing whether the prez will declare a national “emergency.” If it’s an emergency, you can’t wait for it to emerge, planning to declare one next week. It’s here already. It can’t stop being an emergency if Trump is promised money, it still remains one. Even Stephen Miller must know that.

Ya, just like she has a workout routine that most 20 year old athletes cant match.

Anything is possible, but she has missed 3 days of work, she did not miss a single day when her own husband died or after her last surgery. The court is all she has got.

Also the real update is the White House is making preparations to replace her. https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...der-ginsburgs-imminent-retirement-everywhere/

You thinking of her dying is making your keyboard all sticky, isn't it?

My God what the hell has this country come to. How the hell did our society produce people like you?

You thinking of her dying is making your keyboard all sticky, isn't it?

My God what the hell has this country come to. How the hell did our society produce people like you?

Well, to be fair, how many people on the other side of the aisle would throw parties if Trump suddenly died?

Back
Top Bottom