• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump and His Associates Had More Than 100 Contacts With Russians Before the Inauguration

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I'm SURE there's not "collusion" in there anywhere at all. :lol:

Trump and His Associates Had More Than 100 Contacts With Russians Before the Inauguration

During the 2016 presidential campaign and transition, Donald J. Trump and at least 17 campaign officials and advisers had contacts with Russian nationals and WikiLeaks, or their intermediaries, a New York Times analysis has found. At least 10 other associates were told about interactions but did not have any themselves.

Knowledge of these interactions is based on New York Times reporting, documents submitted to Congress, and court records and accusations related to the special counsel investigating foreign interference in the election.

During the 2016 presidential campaign and transition, Donald J. Trump and at least 17 campaign officials and advisers had contacts with Russian nationals and WikiLeaks, or their intermediaries, a New York Times analysis has found. At least 10 other associates were told about interactions but did not have any themselves.

Knowledge of these interactions is based on New York Times reporting, documents submitted to Congress, and court records and accusations related to the special counsel investigating foreign interference in the election.

Im gonna sit back and enjoy the mental gymnastics that republicans are going to have to play for a very long time. Gotta give it to Trump, he is one hell of an entertainer.

According to Mueller, Stone wasn't part of the Trump campaign in 2016.

Make that "at least 16..."

I didn't bother reading that nonsense article after spotting the "Stone lie". I'm sure there are some other lies in there. That's how the NYT operates.

Stone was an adviser to the Trump campaign. Mueller agrees. The New York Times explicitly mentions advisers. Nothing in this thread so far has succeeded in discrediting this article.

People who dismiss the New York Times, one of most respected newspapers on the planet, are announcing that their opinion is too partisan to be taken seriously.

I didn't bother reading that nonsense article after spotting the "Stone lie". I'm sure there are some other lies in there. That's how the NYT operates.

I have to wonder if they included Sessions. After all his contact had nothing to do with the campaign, and was in the same level of "contact" as McCaskill from Missouri. We always get inflated numbers from contacts but wouldn't it be abnormal for the President elect's team not to have contact with a prominent global superpower? I bet there were contacts with China as well. Just because their interests conflict with ours doesn't mean the incoming team is 100% constrained from contact with them, its absurd.

If the Times wanted to have some in depth reporting about the nature of the contacts and who individually, that would be news. This is a kitchen sink argument.

Stone was an adviser to the Trump campaign. Mueller agrees. The New York Times explicitly mentions advisers. Nothing in this thread so far has succeeded in discrediting this article.

People who dismiss the New York Times, one of most respected newspapers on the planet, are announcing that their opinion is too partisan to be taken seriously.

Not dismiss, but question. The NYT has a very skewed bias and has its own way it wants stories to play out, both for selling papers and for political agendas.

You have to understand what a "contact" is. A "contact" gets counted every time a Russian calls you, emails you, or shakes your hand and says "hello". A "contact" gets counted whether you know the other person is Russian or not. Furthermore, every time you have a "contact" with a Russian it's inevitably for the purpose of overthrowing the US government by illegally influencing the election.

Now, here's what definitely IS NOT a "contact" with a Russian. If you pay a US law firm to hire a UK spy to contact dozens of Russians in an effort to influence the election that is absolutely, 100%, guaranteed NOT to be a "contact" with Russia.

You'll note that the usual suspects have already infested your thread with talking points given to them by their right wing masters, explaining why this is yet another so called "NothingBurger". No matter what evidence comes out, you won't be able to convince the majority of the Republican base that Trump did anything wrong. Their hatred of Democrats is far too deep for them to abandon Trump while he's still president.

Im gonna sit back and enjoy the mental gymnastics that republicans are going to have to play for a very long time. Gotta give it to Trump, he is one hell of an entertainer.

Well, he IS the Reality T.V. Star president...

I have to wonder if they included Sessions. After all his contact had nothing to do with the campaign, and was in the same level of "contact" as McCaskill from Missouri. We always get inflated numbers from contacts but wouldn't it be abnormal for the President elect's team not to have contact with a prominent global superpower? I bet there were contacts with China as well. Just because their interests conflict with ours doesn't mean the incoming team is 100% constrained from contact with them, its absurd.

If the Times wanted to have some in depth reporting about the nature of the contacts and who individually, that would be news. This is a kitchen sink argument.

What makes it news is that the President claimed that he and his entire campaign had zero contact with Russians. NONE. If it was not abnormal to have such contact, why would the president deny that it occurred? You don't lie about talking to someone unless the truth would harm you in some way. So: what were these officials talking about that Trump saw fit to hide? Why didn't every other president in the past lie to the FBI about their foreign contacts if this is normal behavior?

You have to understand what a "contact" is. A "contact" gets counted every time a Russian calls you, emails you, or shakes your hand and says "hello". A "contact" gets counted whether you know the other person is Russian or not.

Then why attempt to hide it from the FBI and the American people?

Is talking with Russians a crime now? If so, why has not Carter Page been indicted, in spite of the rush by leftist partisans in the justice department to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Page for supposedly being a suspected spy, according to democrat rumors inserted into the fake Steele spy dossier? Mueller has not even interviewed Page. It was never about Page. It has always been Trump the democrat dogs in the Obamanite justice department were after. Fortunately for American justice, Page is now suing those responsible for criminally using and slandering him to get to Trump.

Not dismiss, but question. The NYT has a very skewed bias and has its own way it wants stories to play out, both for selling papers and for political agendas.

Somebody else was pretending to identify lies in the article, failing to support the claim, and then speculating without evidence that the article contained more lies. That isn’t questioning. It is outright dismissal.

You didn’t make that post, but posts like that are self-discrediting.

Its nice that you can sit back and enjoy watching the republicans and Trumpkins excuse trump with their mental gymnastics. Sadly, for myself, it is not at all enjoyable any longer.

What it demonstrates to me is the sad state of mental health in the USA. So many people have adopted a willful mental disease that takes them out of reality when it comes to supporting Trump and excusing him. Trying to convince them that their little tin god did anything wrong is less effective than going into a mental institution and trying to convince the local self declared Napoleon he is not the rightful Emperor of France.

I really cannot enjoy watching it. Its like watching a mental patient run full speed crashing their head into a brick wall and then getting up and doing it again and again and again. Its just sad and pathetic to watch knowing this person if not of sound mine and is incapable of stopping themselves.

I cannot enjoy that one bit.

Oh goodie, here comes math laysplaining. :lol:

Is talking with Russians a crime now? If so, why has not Carter Page been indicted, in spite of the rush by leftist partisans in the justice department to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Page for supposedly being a suspected spy, according to democrat rumors inserted into the fake Steele spy dossier? Mueller has not even interviewed Page. It was never about Page. It has always been Trump the democrat dogs in the Obamanite justice department were after. Fortunately for American justice, Page is now suing those responsible for criminally using and slandering him to get to Trump.

Talking with Russians is not a crime. Lying to the FBI about talking to Russians is. They probably didn't indict Carter Page because he cooperated with an investigation into a massive conspiracy to hide the fact that most of the top people in Trump's campaign were actively colluding with Russians.

Again, talking to Russians isn't a crime. Covering it up is. Covering it up also points to colluding, though is not proof of it. Make sense?

Nobody on this planet or any other in our solar system has ever claimed that talking with Russians is a crime.

Maybe your straw man makes sense in another galaxy, but it sure as hell doesn’t in this one.

Then why attempt to hide it from the FBI and the American people?

I have no idea. Frankly, it blows my mind that so many people have been busted for lying about doing things that are perfectly legal.

Oh goodie, here comes math laysplaining. :lol:

Yeah, it's unfortunate that some people NEED "math laysplaining". If I didn't provide it, they would go through life thinking lies are the truth.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that some people NEED "math laysplaining". If I didn't provide it, they would go through life thinking lies are the truth.
Yes, please try to laysplain math to me. :lamo

Talking with Russians is not a crime. Lying to the FBI about talking to Russians is. They probably didn't indict Carter Page because he cooperated with an investigation into a massive conspiracy to hide the fact that most of the top people in Trump's campaign were actively colluding with Russians.

Again, talking to Russians isn't a crime. Covering it up is. Covering it up also points to colluding, though is not proof of it. Make sense?

You are wrong about Carter.

They used him to get a Russian and afterward, they twisted the help he gave them into him working with Russians. They used the threat of prosecution for that to use him as their basis for a FISA warrant against Trump. If they prosecuted Carter, the truth would come out, so they left him alone.

Somebody else was pretending to identify lies in the article, failing to support the claim, and then speculating without evidence that the article contained more lies. That isn’t questioning. It is outright dismissal.

You didn’t make that post, but posts like that are self-discrediting.
Self discrediting to question a paper with a known bias?

That's hilarious. I guess I will just post a barrage of fox news stuff, but I bet that's difffffferent, right?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Yes, please try to laysplain math to me. :lamo

Tell me what you know...as the NYT did. I'll help you out if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom