• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump and 33%

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
That is Trump's magic number. 33%. His polls are remarkable for their consistency. His floor is always at 33%. But that 33% love him. They love him a scary amount and the anecdotal confirmation bias I have observed among that group is something else. You can even get them to change their long held opinions on something by lying and telling them Trump believes the alternative. It is true! Try it out with a die hard Trump supporter. If you can convince them Trump supports it, said it, or did it then they will change their opinions on just about anything.

But given that level of psychological commitment to Trump, that makes me think Trump will never fall below 33%.

That is Trump's magic number. 33%. His polls are remarkable for their consistency. His floor is always at 33%. But that 33% love him. They love him a scary amount and the anecdotal confirmation bias I have observed among that group is something else. You can even get them to change their long held opinions on something by lying and telling them Trump believes the alternative. It is true! Try it out with a die hard Trump supporter. If you can convince them Trump supports it, said it, or did it then they will change their opinions on just about anything.

But given that level of psychological commitment to Trump, that makes me think Trump will never fall below 33%.

Why dont you try it out?

Just curious: how did you arrive at 33%?

Back
Top Bottom