• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

dave8383

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Wouldn't surprise me. We know what he said about a POW in public I suspect in private his distain for veterans, which he isn't, is on greater display.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.

Jeffrey GoldbergSeptember 3, 2020

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’ - The Atlantic

So the left is still grasping for any and every pathetic straw that it can get it's grubby hands on.

Color me surprised.

What's pathetic is you defending Trump for saying such as he does about veterans, those that gave their lives for you and all Americans. You're the pathetic one here.

So the left is still grasping for any and every pathetic straw that it can get it's grubby hands on.

Color me surprised.

What does what Trump says about veterans have to do with the left? Did the left force Trump to insult McCain's years as a POW? This is about Trump and his awareness that he is the one who looks like the loser for cheating his way out of serving. When he feels vulnerable he attacks and insults.

Forbes

Report: Trump Called U.S. WWI Veterans ‘Suckers’ And ‘Losers’
Matt PerezSep 3, 2020,
TOPLINE

President Trump refused to visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France in 2018 because he regarded the dead World War I veterans as “suckers” and “losers,” according to a report from the Atlantic citing four senior staffers, echoing disparaging comments made against late Sen. John McCain's service in the military while campaigning for president in 2015.

The words echo what Trump said about McCain in 2015, saying at an Iowa summit at the time, “He was a war hero because he was captured,” and that “I like people who weren’t captured,” with the Atlantic adding that Trump called McCain a “f---ing loser” when he died in 2018.

The report also describes an Arlington National Cemetery visit in 2017, where Trump asked former White House chief of staff John Kelly, “I don’t get it—what’s in it for them?” as he stood near the grave of Kelly's son Robert, who was killed in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
What's pathetic is you defending Trump for saying such as he does about veterans, those that gave their lives for you and all Americans. You're the pathetic one here.

Not really. I'm not the one who's upset about a man speaking unkindly about one other man and then desperately trying to attribute it towards a whole group of people.

I'm going back to the adults table now.

Not really. I'm not the one who's upset about a man speaking unkindly about one other man and then desperately trying to attribute it towards a whole group of people.

I'm going back to the adults table now.

Trump declared that he liked people who weren’t captured.

Not “McCain.”

“People”.

But hey, way to remind everyone that the Trump cult could care less about the military and will defend their Dear Leader to the death.

What does what Trump says about veterans have to do with the left? Did the left force Trump to insult McCain's years as a POW? This is about Trump and his awareness that he is the one who looks like the loser for cheating his way out of serving. When he feels vulnerable he attacks and insults.

So it's mixing different alleged statements and one that we do actually know was said.

Is this all?
Because your side has failed to prove less with more in the past. So I just want to be sure at this point.

Trump declared that he liked people who weren’t captured.

Not “McCain.”

“People”.

But hey, way to remind everyone that the Trump cult could care less about the military and will defend their Dear Leader to the death.

So you're going to pull one word, out of the context of a full conversation?

Is that really how desperate you've become in all of this Tiger?

So you're going to pull one word, out of the context of a full conversation?

Is that really how desperate you've become in all of this Tiger?

Again..... if he meant “McCain” he would not have declared he liked people who weren’t captured.

Words have meaning, and no amount of desperate handwaving from you changes what your Dear Leader declared.

His pattern of attacking the military— whether it’s POWs, the family of a war hero, General Mattis, or these latest comments— is a mile long.

So nobody’s buying your head in the sand wailing.

Trumps 'losers and suckers' comment has been corroborated by AP and WaPo, and also by FOX reporter Jennifer Griffin.

Again..... if he meant “McCain” he would not have declared he liked people who weren’t captured.

Words have meaning, and no amount of desperate handwaving from you changes what your Dear Leader declared.

His pattern of attacking the military— whether it’s POWs, the family of a war hero, General Mattis, or these latest comments— is a mile long.

So nobody’s buying your head in the sand wailing.

While no one is buy your head in one's ass yammering. See how such a distinction works?

We've gone at this before Tiger. Repeatedly pulling things so far out of context that they don't even resemble their original premise. Only makes you look desperate.

Because your pattern of such pathetic actions is more than enough to show that you can't even be trusted to honestly read a phone book. Much less a transcribed conversation.

While no one is buy your head in one's ass yammering. See how such a distinction works?

We've gone at this before Tiger. Repeatedly pulling things so far out of context that they don't even resemble their original premise. Only makes you look desperate.

Because your pattern of such pathetic actions is more than enough to show that you can't even be trusted to honestly read a phone book. Much less a transcribed conversation.

Maybe not in Trump cult land, but in the real world people aren't buying what you lot are so desperately trying to peddle.

We've been over this---in what "context" does "I like people who weren't captured" mean anything other than what has already been stated? There is no "context" which justifies his attacks on POWs. None. And the constant refrain of "I don't wanna believe it so I won't" from Trump supporters makes them accusing others of being "desperate" pretty damn funny.

What's really pathetic is watching Trump cultists defend his repeated attacks on the military and then turn around and whine about how "liberals hate America" :lol:

Maybe not in Trump cult land, but in the real world people aren't buying what you lot are so desperately trying to peddle.

We've been over this---in what "context" does "I like people who weren't captured" mean anything other than what has already been stated? There is no "context" which justifies his attacks on POWs. None. And the constant refrain of "I don't wanna believe it so I won't" from Trump supporters makes them accusing others of being "desperate" pretty damn funny.

What's really pathetic is watching Trump cultists defend his repeated attacks on the military and then turn around and whine about how "liberals hate America" :lol:

And there's the desperation of the anti-trump camp.
Listen Tiger, when you've finally grown up past the need to just call people cultist and throw out the same tired shtick about a difference in reality. You're fully welcome to come back to the adults table and try your hand at actually debating a topic.

How about this?
Let's try and wring some honesty from you for once:
"I like people who weren't captured

Who was the topic of discussion that this phrase came from?

Trumps 'losers and suckers' comment has been corroborated by AP and WaPo, and also by FOX reporter Jennifer Griffin.

Brian Stelter: "It's put up or shut up time!"

If The Atlantic or Jennifer don't name names, Stelter doesn't take this garbage as truth either. ;)

And there's the desperation of the anti-trump camp.
Listen Tiger, when you've finally grown up past the need to just call people cultist and throw out the same tired shtick about a difference in reality. You're fully welcome to come back to the adults table and try your hand at actually debating a topic.

How about this?
Let's try and wring some honesty from you for once:

Who was the topic of discussion that this phrase came from?

When people defend their Dear Leader, no matter what, regardless of what despicable comments that person makes, then the comparison to a cult is extremely apt. Qanon, which has been embraced by Trump and his other supporters, is a cult without the slightest shadow of a doubt.

The "topic" was Trump's pathological hate for John McCain. He followed up by declaring his contempt for POWs as a whole. Again, nothing which would have excused "I like people who weren't captured".

It's pretty hilarious watching a Trump cultist try and lecture anyone else about...well, anything.

i think our military are starting to see the light...

EhMly1cXYAAooaU

i think our military are starting to see the light...

EhMly1cXYAAooaU

Well, it's pretty sad to see that one only person in that image knows what respect is and it's even worse to see that it's not he marine.

Ok, now this whole thing is clear. Apparently Trump doesn't fully "have" the military. Putin's advice no doubt is the usual: divide. Tubby needs to drive the wedge into the military to force them to pick a side, a house divided cannot stand and all that. With a government coup you also need a military coup. Trump is sending the signal to any that are "with him" to get ready for orders. So, now it's clear to me, because it certainly has been a series of WTF moments (even Fox News is confirming it) the last few days.

Please stop fighting straw men. Trump is a coward who has no respect for the military, we get it. Bone spurs, attacking generals, dissing POWs, calling everyone who serves losers, we understand ... no one is pretending he supports the military any more, stop beating a dead horse.

You do realize what the Marine corps oath entails, and that no self respecting marine would even imagine doing as such?
No matter how much that marine might dislike a siting president.

Every Marine should spit on Trump as part of honoring his/her affirmation to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Every Marine should spit on Trump as part of honoring his/her affirmation to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

If you're literally going to be that petty about it. Then what makes you think that you possess the integrity to even suggest as such?

It also shows that you literally know nothing of the constitution, nor it's guiding principles.

So that's both the concepts of honor and duty, not to mention the integrity of the constitution that you've managed to deface in one fell stroke.

Back
Top Bottom