• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump aide Manafort removed from plane for revoked passport

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I wonder why someones passport would be revoked... hmmmm....

Isn't Dubai where all the Russian oligarchs are?

Former Trump adviser Paul Manafort was removed from a plane at Miami International Airport before it took off for Dubai because he carried a revoked passport, officials said Wednesday.

Miami-Dade Police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta confirmed that Manafort was removed from the Emirates Airline flight without incident Sunday night but directed further questions to U.S. Border and Customs Protection. That agency did not immediately respond to an email Wednesday seeking comment.

A lawyer who has represented Manafort did not immediately return a call and email seeking comment Wednesday.

Manafort, 72, led former President Donald Trump’s campaign for several months during the 2016 presidential race but was ousted in August of that year after revelations about his business dealings in Ukraine.

No why would Manafort be on his way to Dubai?

If the passport was/is revoked, how did he make it onto the plane?

No why would Manafort be on his way to Dubai?
Because he wanted to visit his money?

Because Dubai is a part of the United Arab Emirates and the UAE does not have an extradition treaty with the US?

Because he wanted to get a suntan?

Because you really can't get any good baba ghanoush in the USA?

Pick one or more of the above.

Last edited:
Because he wanted to visit his money?

Because Dubai is a part of the United Arab Emirates and the UAE does not have an extradition treaty with the US?

Because he wanted to get a suntan?

Because you really can't get any good baba ghanoush in the USA?

Pick one or more of the above.
I'll take #2 with a side of #1.

If the passport was/is revoked, how did he make it onto the plane?
I guess the airlines are not an effective border enforcement mechanism. I suppose they should have just let him leave and then keep him from coming back because of not having a valid passport. Then again, he might know some Spanish.

I guess the airlines are not an effective border enforcement mechanism. I suppose they should have just let him leave and then keep him from coming back because of not having a valid passport. Then again, he might know some Spanish.
Someone had to alert the authorities or Paul would be all up in your tagline….

Back
Top Bottom