• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump agency on immigrant crime shut down

Nickyjo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Biden Admin dismantled the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement Office that Trump had set up, apparently to underscore the latter’s theme of Make America Hate Again. There is reportedly no truth to the rumor that it was modeled on Der Sturmer, which published Jewish crimes in the 1930s.

A quick visit to the website indicates Trump never meant for it to be anything but a cudgel, and one ICE wasn't wasting much energy on. They quit keeping/posting stats back in 2019.

A quick visit to the website indicates Trump never meant for it to be anything but a cudgel, and one ICE wasn't wasting much energy on. They quit keeping/posting stats back in 2019.
Good for them. As it happens, I volunteered on the border in 2019, and ICE agents did their jobs as refugee law required despite Trump’s call for lawlessness. Ditto US cops who didn’t brutalize suspects as Trump wished. We are lucky to be rid of (or are we?) that fascist wannabe.

Biden Admin dismantled the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement Office that Trump had set up, apparently to underscore the latter’s theme of Make America Hate Again. There is reportedly no truth to the rumor that it was modeled on Der Sturmer, which published Jewish crimes in the 1930s.
If the intent of the VOICE was to drum up fear against immigrants, then there probably is some truth to it.

If the intent of the VOICE was to drum up fear against immigrants, then there probably is some truth to it.
Actually, what was most Third Reich-ish was Trump’s bringing victims of immigrant’s crime on stage to tell their sad stories.

Actually, what was most Third Reich-ish was Trump’s bringing victims of immigrant’s crime on stage to tell their sad stories.
So now the victims of illegals need to be silenced, eh? And you bring up the third reich.

So now the victims of illegals need to be silenced, eh? And you bring up the third reich.

The way your post missed the point makes me think about how some people can read the Bible as the story of a hero, Satan, being foiled at every turn by God, Jesus, and their evil army of do-gooders.

In more recent news, Zed is not the hero of Pulp Fiction, either.

That's not what she said or implied. Try again.
Ok, help me. What did she say other than it was naziesque for crime victims of illegals to tell their sad stories? Wait, isn’t that what the left did with that 104 year old Tulsa woman?

Ok, help me. What did she say other than it was naziesque for crime victims of illegals to tell their sad stories? Wait, isn’t that what the left did with that 104 year old Tulsa woman?
Think of it this way: What is naziesque about a political party bringing the crime victims of Jews onto a stage to tell their stories?

Finally, at long last, his cry for help.

No. But what Trump did resembled what the Nazis did when they highlighted crimes committed by Jews. Stats I’ve seen suggest that immigrants commit fewer crimes than citizens. What was his purpose in doing that? Remember, among Trump’s themes was spread of fear or hatred of various groups: the media, legal immigrants, illegal immigrants, Syrian refugees, asylum seekers in the caravan (“there are Middle Easterners among them”), Muslims, people from shithole countries, etc. That was his schtick since he descended on the escalator in 2016. His themes about immigrants we saw before in our history with the resentment of Irish in the early 1800s, of Jews and Italians later on. Nothing new for us. Nothing new for Trump. His first action in politics was to attack the Central Park Five, with ads saying he wanted to hate them. He couldn’t bring himself to apologize later. His second action was to question the legitimacy of President Obama. He still hasn’t revealed the unbelievable evidence he claimed he found in Hawaii. Trump is a demagogue who follows a fascist-like playbook. He seems to need people to resent and hate. But who am I to argue with success? Trump became president, and now has the state of Arizona bending over for him seven months after he lost an election. Quite a guy.

Yeah. We don't need to hear the sad stories of people who lost loved ones at the hands of CRIMINALS that were protected by sanctuary cities/states.

Back
Top Bottom