• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump admits to yet another obvious lie

Buckeyes85

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
No one except 5th Avenue Trumpers believed Trump's ridiculous claim that he had waived a magic wand and declassified all the documents that ultimately made their way to Mar A Lago.

Presumably in an effort not to avoid making false statements to the Court, Trump's legal team has conceded the issue of "it was all declassified." Specifically, the two sides clashed before the court on the scope of the documents the special master will be able to review. Trump's position was that the SM should see all documents, including the classified ones. The DOJ has argued against the SM being able to review classified or top secret documents.

Notably absent from any pleading or position Trump's lawyers have taken before the court is that ALL documents had previously been declassified. Conceding what we knew all along- that Trump was lying out his ass (again) to have made that claim.

Note: the link is to MSN which I'm sure Trumpers will dismiss with their typical claim of fake news. Before doing so, please cite any pleading wherein Trump's lawyers have made the legal argument "it was all declassified."

No one except 5th Avenue Trumpers believed Trump's ridiculous claim that he had waived a magic wand and declassified all the documents that ultimately made their way to Mar A Lago.

Presumably in an effort not to avoid making false statements to the Court, Trump's legal team has conceded the issue of "it was all declassified." Specifically, the two sides clashed before the court on the scope of the documents the special master will be able to review. Trump's position was that the SM should see all documents, including the classified ones. The DOJ has argued against the SM being able to review classified or top secret documents.

Notably absent from any pleading or position Trump's lawyers have taken before the court is that ALL documents had previously been declassified. Conceding what we knew all along- that Trump was lying out his ass (again) to have made that claim.

Note: the link is to MSN which I'm sure Trumpers will dismiss with their typical claim of fake news. Before doing so, please cite any pleading wherein Trump's lawyers have made the legal argument "it was all declassified."
The ever shifting position of the slippery con.

I started a thread about this a while back. The usual suspects came to Trump's defense.

I started a thread about this a while back. The usual suspects came to Trump's defense.

Oops, I did not see it. But notably, there have been subsequent filings since the appointment of the special master, with the parties addressing the issue of review of classified materials. And as noted, Trump's lawyers have again avoided putting his lie into a pleading. (Which could subject them to Rule 11 sanctions, if they did).

Oops, I did not see it. But notably, there have been subsequent filings since the appointment of the special master, with the parties addressing the issue of review of classified materials. And as noted, Trump's lawyers have again avoided putting his lie into a pleading. (Which could subject them to Rule 11 sanctions, if they did).
A few diehards will come in here to defend Trump, the rest of the cult will ignore it 'cause facts.

A few diehards will come in here to defend Trump, the rest of the cult will ignore it 'cause facts.
Curious minds would like to know what those defenses could possibly be?

"Trump did have a standing order re: declassification but was too stupid to know that it wasn't valid. So when he said he had declassified all, he wasn't "technically" lying?"

Back
Top Bottom