• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Federal workers were told they weren't getting a pay increase this year but the insensitivity of giving administration officials and staff members a $10k raise during this time of a shutdown is just wrong IMO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/01/04/while-federal-workers-go-without-pay-senior-trump-administration-officials-are-poised-get-raises/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.7cfc054c2099

While federal workers go without pay, senior Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises

While hundreds of thousands of federal workers go without pay and the government is partially shut down, scores of senior Trump political appointees are poised to receive annual raises of about $10,000 a year.

The pay increases for Cabinet secretaries, deputy secretaries, top administrators and even Vice President Pence are scheduled to go into effect Saturday without legislation to stop them, according to documents issued by the Office of Personnel Management and experts in federal pay.

I'm sure there are plenty of the wingnut crowd around here think it's well deserved. I mean all the corruption and lying, it's hard work and it triggers libruls, well done! That's so MAGA!

"They did say they wanted to run government like a business"

"They did say they wanted to run government like a business"

You know they deny it, but I am ABSOLUTELY convinced, that at least 7 in 10 and maybe 8 or 9 in ten of the Trump supporters on this board DELIGHT at any piece of corruption KIng TangFace gets away with. Inwardly they justify it all with their fantasy delusions of all the Clinton/Obama corruption, that i't "fair play". They lie like rugs when you call them on it, but they know and approve, fully!

You know they deny it, but I am ABSOLUTELY convinced, that at least 7 in 10 and maybe 8 or 9 in ten of the Trump supporters on this board DELIGHT at any piece of corruption KIng TangFace gets away with. Inwardly they justify it all with their fantasy delusions of all the Clinton/Obama corruption, that i't "fair play". They lie like rugs when you call them on it, but they know and approve, fully!

I don't know about enjoying the corruption for its own sake. I do suspect enjoying anything they can call a "snowflake" being "mad", despite the fact that they were quite upset under Obama. But hey....

...it wasn't intended to be a particularly poignant remark.

I don't know about enjoying the corruption for its own sake. I do suspect enjoying anything they can call a "snowflake" being "mad", despite the fact that they were quite upset under Obama. But hey....

...it wasn't intended to be a particularly poignant remark.

I mean anything that makes that POS money, if they don't see (without even thinking on the matter) how it "hurts" anyone, it thrills those fools. It's disgusting.

The more we abuse civil servants the less likely we are to have civil servants of any quality.

The more we impoverish civil servants the more likely they are to engage in cheap corruption.

This is not Rocket Science people.....

The more we abuse civil servants the less likely we are to have civil servants of any quality.

The more we impoverish civil servants the more likely they are to engage in cheap corruption.

Well once in a while you're right, and that's rather hard logic to argue with. The disagreements always come with the details in how to solve it of course though.

And also, you might wanna think, do guys like Carson with his dining room, and ya know all these "acting" people without actual qualifications, maybe they haven't earned it like those suffering through the shutdown?

Federal workers were told they weren't getting a pay increase this year but the insensitivity of giving administration officials and staff members a $10k raise during this time of a shutdown is just wrong IMO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/01/04/while-federal-workers-go-without-pay-senior-trump-administration-officials-are-poised-get-raises/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.7cfc054c2099

While federal workers go without pay, senior Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises

While hundreds of thousands of federal workers go without pay and the government is partially shut down, scores of senior Trump political appointees are poised to receive annual raises of about $10,000 a year.

The pay increases for Cabinet secretaries, deputy secretaries, top administrators and even Vice President Pence are scheduled to go into effect Saturday without legislation to stop them, according to documents issued by the Office of Personnel Management and experts in federal pay.

Well it's good to see that wages are finally coming back into balance after all these years.

Well it's good to see that wages are finally coming back into balance after all these years.

Except if you happen to be a federal worker on furlough and not getting any pay at all.

Except if you happen to be a federal worker on furlough and not getting any pay at all.

He doesn't give **** one abotut anything but triggering Libruls, but he's pretty bad at it, so there's always that "fail" thing.:cool:

And also, you might wanna think, do guys like Carson with his dining room, and ya know all these "acting" people without actual qualifications, maybe they haven't earned it like those suffering through the shutdown?

Address what was said and then maybe we can go on to what you wanna talk about.

If you quote me you owe me.

Address what was said and then maybe we can go on to what you wanna talk about.

If you quote me you owe me.

Explain to me how any of the new "acting" folks in the white house staff have in any way "earned" a raise?

Explain to me how any of the new "acting" folks in the white house staff have in any way "earned" a raise?

Explain to me if you approve of abusing workers for instance with this shutdown or abusing politicians by being mean and nasty to them all the time and do you approve of trying to cheap out on both workers and politicians by for instance not allowing raises since 2013?...actually it is worse than that, what this was was withholding pay that servants were legally entitled to for political reasons...Lots and lots of money for lots of years.....Is this OK with you?

You talk about what I said and THEN maybe we can go on to what you want to talk about.

If you can behave yourself.

Last edited:
Right after the teargas incident at the border in Tijuana, someone either here or another forum posted a photo of the litter left behind by the hundred of immigrants living on the pavement in Tijuana because Trump closed the border. The OP had commented about how disgusting and dirty these illegals were, trying to make his point I suppose, which was that all immigrants are dirty and disease ridden animals. (I think he actually referred to them as animals)

I saw this photo, taken today at the Washington Mall, you know the green grassy areas where the 'largest audience ever to witness an inauguration - period!' took place. I had to post it in the hopes that the person who posted the photo of Tijuana would see this one too. No illegals were around to blame either.

146761fa-f7f9-46b6-a046-2e143a124949.png

I honestly don't care, seeing as many of these workers are used to such a thing at this point and it would be beneath me to think they couldn't handle something so trivial. I had no issue with it when it was the Obama administration, Bush, or even the Clinton administration.

People blustering about this after all these years are honestly, quite comical to me.

Back
Top Bottom