• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump administration misses Congress deadline to hand over documents on Russian oligarch sanctions

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Financial Services chair Maxine Waters spoke to Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin Wednesday in an effort to find a "mutually agreeable date" for him to testify before the committee. Mnuchin declined an offer to do so next week, but may face a subpoena if he continues to resist. Is this how it's going to be? Are Republicans planning to obstruct and refuse subpoenas? To me that's a clear sign of GUILT. Anyone that has nothing to hide will not fight subpoenas and refuse to cooperated.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-administration-misses-congress-deadline-to-hand-over-documents-on-russian-oligarch-sanctions/ar-BBThSGa

Trump administration misses Congress deadline to hand over documents on Russian oligarch sanctions

The Trump administration has missed a deadline to hand over to Congress documents related to its decision to lift sanctions on businesses linked to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.

Maxine Waters, chair of the House financial services committee and a frequent target of Donald Trump’s ire, said the Treasury Department failed to meet a Tuesday deadline set by her and the chairmen of the chamber’s intelligence and foreign affairs committees.

Obstructionists gonna obstruct.

Issue the necessary subpoena's.

Obstructionists gonna obstruct.

Issue the necessary subpoena's.

I have a feeling the ink is long ago dried on those subpoenas, I think the democrats have been preparing for this since last November. I'm looking forward to seeing people like Steve Mnuchin, Don Jr., Hope Hicks, Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner and Corey Lewandowski receiving one.

Winter is definitely here.

Back
Top Bottom