• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Administration lies about having reserve vaccines ready to send out

Yes, the basic math is that I send you half the vaccines and keep the other half as a reserve for the follow up shot. When its found out that vaccinations sent to states represent 100% that causes a re-examination of what is occuring
is that what happened, because I have not found anything from the administration that confirms that. And if that is the case, how many vaccines are on backorder from the pharmaceutical company? Its possible they have more scheduled to be recieved and they only gave out half the order.

To be honest it does not make sense to me what the purpose is to hold back half. Let the states handle that on their end.

... Azar announced on Tuesday at an Operation Warp Speed briefing, where he said the administration would be "releasing the entire supply for order by states, rather than holding second doses in reserve."

... vaccine maker Pfizer said it had the doses ready to deliver.

...Michael Pratt, a spokesman for Operation Warp Speed, also denied the notion the reserve was "exhausted" ...

i have yet to see any numbers
like how many immunization vaccinations have been produced in total thus far and made available to the OWS stockpile
from that, we would want to deduct the amount of vaccination units that have been shipped to 50 states, as of that same date, from the OWS stockpile
any difference should be the 'reserve' ... something some officials insist exists while others do not and which alex azars, head of CDC, says both - that reserves do exist and they don't

but it's only quantities of valuable, easy to ship, life saving drugs in demand across the globe. it's not like the black market would want to intrude on the safe dissemination to quickly enrich itself. no way would putin's russia stoop to buying America's stockpile ... with or without assistance from their elected agent and his minions (looking at you, jared)

If this is the case and it may well be how will Biden insure that his promise of 100 million shots will be given in his first 100 days. Is this lie #1 before he even gets in office?
Don't know. What date did he say it? Was this info available to him at the time he said it?

is that what happened, because I have not found anything from the administration that confirms that. And if that is the case, how many vaccines are on backorder from the pharmaceutical company? Its possible they have more scheduled to be recieved and they only gave out half the order.

To be honest it does not make sense to me what the purpose is to hold back half. Let the states handle that on their end.
first it was "wah wah librul media" now its time to ask questions and pose theories. Trouble, you're just not grasping the simple and repeated concept that trump and company either once again lied or once again proved their incompetence.

If this is the case and it may well be how will Biden insure that his promise of 100 million shots will be given in his first 100 days. Is this lie #1 before he even gets in office?
Oh look, the slightly liberal poster is somehow able to ignore the facts and accuse Biden of lying. Wash, trump promised vaccines he didnt have. Its either more dishonesty or more incompetence. take your pick.

Gee, and here I thought he was supposed to be some super fighting alpha male.
I think he expected the people to get behind him in cleaning up our government. He clearly underestimated the use of the media by the rich and powerful. He also should have known that the people will follow even the worst of leaders. Stalin, Hitler, Castro, Saddam, etc. as long as they control the media and the information. I could not believe they actually banned Trump from Twitter. This is Putin style censorship now in America.

I think he expected the people to get behind him in cleaning up our government. He clearly underestimated the use of the media by the rich and powerful. He also should have known that the people will follow even the worst of leaders. Stalin, Hitler, Castro, Saddam, etc. as long as they control the media and the information. I could not believe they actually banned Trump from Twitter. This is Putin style censorship now in America.
it appears the point you are making is that it is unfortunate that tRump does not have the unlimited powers of a dictator so that he can control the media

I think the real question is, what color will your concentration camp cell be?

You are confused about who is on whose team. If it were Putin style censorship, Trump would be given back his Twitter account so that he could continue to extol Putin's virtues. Hell, he'd be given an even bigger megaphone.

it appears the point you are making is that it is unfortunate that tRump does not have the unlimited powers of a dictator so that he can control the media
No. The simple fact is our media is owned by the same people who fund both parties and control our government.

I think the real question is, what color will your concentration camp cell be?
I hear it is nice this time of year in GITMO. All our government has to do is proclaim you are a terrorist and no trial just prison if they want to get information or like Obama did just have you executed.

You are confused about who is on whose team. If it were Putin style censorship, Trump would be given back his Twitter account so that he could continue to extol Putin's virtues. Hell, he'd be given an even bigger megaphone.
You still haven't figured out the whole Russian collusion was all a lie along with the fabricated Steele’s dossier.

I hear it is nice this time of year in GITMO. All our government has to do is proclaim you are a terrorist and no trial just prison if they want to get information or like Obama did just have you executed.
You seem awfully nonchalant about this happening to you. Good on you for taking it in stride.

Was he given bad info?

I would be curious what the drug companies say.

If he knew and lied about a life or death issue (that includes life or death of the economy)
He should be impeached again.

But clearly we do not know if he was lying or given bad information

Mr. Trump is never given anything but the best information (definition of "best" = "whatever Mr. Trump wants to hear").

Vaccines are already being injected at close to a million shots/day just a month in, and that's despite the bizarre inability of our biggest state, California, to come even close to keeping up with the likes of South Dakota and West Virginia. A million shots/day, incidentally, is one of the major prongs of Biden's plan to fix the "dismal failure" he's inheriting.

If the vaccine supply runs out, what will the vaccination rate per day be?

If the Trump administration uses up the entire US supply of vaccine and the vaccination rate drops to nil per day, would achieving a vaccination rate to 1,000,000 per day be an improvement?

We can hope, but you're missing the point. In one breath, Biden slammed the current efforts as "a dismal failure," and then in the very next breath only committed to getting out fewer doses per day than are already being provided.

So much for "unity."

I rather suspect that Mr. Biden's plan was for (at least) 1,000,000 vaccinations per day UNTIL NO MORE VACCINATIONS WERE NEEDED. This is in contrast to Mr. Trump's (apparent) plan which is for 1,000,000 vaccinations per day FOR AS LONG AS MR. TRUMP IS PRESIDENT.

What Biden is promising has nothing to do with the horrific rollout of the vaccines. I'm thinking with some leadership, the defense production act and an actual plan, things should be better under Biden. Trump originally promised 100 million doses by the end of 2020. I think we ended up with like 2-3 million. That's really bad.

Applying the Mashematical Analysis Process, Mr. Trump has delivered more vaccinations than Mr. Biden has and that means that Mr. Trump is outperforming Mr. Biden in ensuring that millions of Americans will not die from COVID-19.

why would anyone believe anything CNN reports is factual???

More correctly

"Why would anyone believe anything CNN (and every other major media outlet) reports, regardless of how well validated it is by independently confirmable information, when it isn't 100% consistent with what they want to hear?"​

The My Pillow guy wants to sponsor another coup attempt.
and he has reduced his pillow cost from $69.99 down to $29.99 for this event. Just use promo code COUP :LOL:

Gustav Perna, chief operating officer of operation warp speed told state officials the number of doses received would not increase because there are no reserves.

He's lying as a part of the conspiracy to overturn the -2016- 2020 election.

[The above form of "Internet Rebuttal" has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]

We have one of the highest rates of covid vaccination on the planet...

Indeed the US does. It's ability to almost double the performance of Italy is much to be admired.

21-01-18 H1 - COVID Vaccination Rates PER 100.JPG
21-01-18 H3 - COVID Vaccinations DAILY RATE per 100.JPG
Of course, the US also has one of the highest NEEDS to vaccinate

21-01-18 F4 - Worldometer TOP TOTAL Cases per Million TABLE.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​
Of course, the US has the highest ability to outbid other countries in order to purchase the vaccine as well.

That 100,000,000 vaccinations within 100 days was a goal.

Do you know the difference between a goal and a promise?

BTW, if someone tells you that they will do something "in 10 days or less" do you accuse them of lying if they haven't done it in 8 days?

Indeed the US does. It's ability to almost double the performance of Italy is much to be admired.

Of course, the US also has one of the highest NEEDS to vaccinate

Of course, the US has the highest ability to outbid other countries in order to purchase the vaccine as well.
Yep, the United States has been doing objectively better than most of the planet with its vaccination roll out.

It was obviously not a lie.

If people believed it when they said that it was happening, then it was not a lie.

It wasn't correct, but that is ignorance and not deception.

Anyone who has even basic knowledge of how the Russian government (and its intelligence agencies) work knew that the Russians were not stupid enough to conspire (or collude) with anyone of Mr. Trump's personality profile.

Anyone who has even basic knowledge of how "deception operations" work knew that the Russians were quite prepared to scatter little nuggets that looked like gold where Mr. Trump and/or his minions could pick them up (and would do so in the sure and certain knowledge that anyone of Mr. Trump's personality profile WOULD pick them up gleefully [and not be able to tell the difference between FeS2 and Au]).

Back
Top Bottom