• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump admin moves to ban bump stocks

"Machine-gun", as defined by Congress, means multiple shots for a single operation of the trigger. Bump stocks manipulate the trigger again and again. This device cannot be a machine gun as defined in law; if they want to ban them, change the law through legislative action, not executive branch fiat.
I agree. Unfortunately thats not how the ATF works. Never has been. Maybe there will be a legal challenge that will finally get a definitive ruling from the SCOTUS on the 2nd Amendment...but I doubt anyone really has the stomach for the fight. Even the manufacturer bailed on the product a long time ago.

Since the NRA is essentially non-existent at this point, there's no pressure anymore and Trump wants a win. Where's TD hiding??? I can't wait for the turtle to come out of his shell and explain it all to us!

1. The president can outlaw anything. Only Congress can do that.

2. A bump stock doesn't convert a semi-auto into a machine gun. The president can't change law neither.

In my opinion it will stop bump stocks from being used. If someone else comes up with another way around the add-on (bump stocks.) that too can be addressed.:thumbs:
You can bump fire using rubber bands.

not nearly as accurate as Jerry. I have shot in matches he was at-his Daughter Lena has won a bunch of stuff-I think she was the first woman to win a sectional title in PCC.
No doubt. He’s an amazing marksman. I you didn’t see it for yourself, most people wouldn’t think it possible to fire so rapidly and be so accurate. I know I couldn’t ever do that. His daughter couldn’t ask for a better teacher.

No doubt. He’s an amazing marksman. I you didn’t see it for yourself, most people wouldn’t think it possible to fire so rapidly and be so accurate. I know I couldn’t ever do that. His daughter couldn’t ask for a better teacher.

She has won the world IPSC women's shotgun event IIRC and is a GM class shooter in the fast growing Pistol Cartridge Carbine Division (PCC)

She has won the world IPSC women's shotgun event IIRC and is a GM class shooter in the fast growing Pistol Cartridge Carbine Division (PCC)
I’m gonna have to look her up on YouTube.

Ummmm.....

Grip weapon. Press forward. Pull trigger. Commonly used for decades....long before bump stocks became a 'thing'.
I'm sure he is comfortable shooting at the ground that way. :roll:

I'm sure he is comfortable shooting at the ground that way. :roll:

maybe he's shooting bottom feeders in a creek?

Back
Top Bottom