• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Admin: Climate Change Becoming Deadly

WARMISTS CLAIM CLIMATE CHANGE WILL BE CATASTRPHIC

Warmists on debate politics : " We believe it"

Normals: ' did you read it"

Warmists on debate politics :" No but it says what I want"

Normals" " You do know it's massively flawed right?"

Warmists on debate politics " Who cares, as long it says what I want"

So you think changes in the minimum temperatures will have a greater effect than changes in the maximum temperature?

I think that they could have a greater impact, in that they extend the frost-free season in many areas of the world. It could also prevent the evening cooling, that many are accustomed to, in areas of the world. The biggest change I foresee would be agricultural. Blights, the proliferation and ravaging of insects who thrive through a longer season of viability, funguses, etc. Could be health issues too - mutated strains of viruses and bacteria, etc.

Bottom line is that I don't know, and neither do you. We know how today's temperature patterns sustain life. The unknowns could be incredibly expensive; and they could be deadly.

Expect heads to roll. Science is a taboo in this backward administration.

Climate Change is not science... It is a religion based on a circularly-defined buzzword (in the end, a Void Argument).

I think that they could have a greater impact, in that they extend the frost-free season in many areas of the world. It could also prevent the evening cooling, that many are accustomed to, in areas of the world. The biggest change I foresee would be agricultural. Blights, the proliferation and ravaging of insects who thrive through a longer season of viability, funguses, etc. Could be health issues too - mutated strains of viruses and bacteria, etc.

Bottom line is that I don't know, and neither do you. We know how today's temperature patterns sustain life. The unknowns could be incredibly expensive; and they could be deadly.
What we do know is that plenty of places already have such conditions and seem to thrive just fine.
Think of global warming this way, whatever agriculture that exists 100 miles closer to the equator than they currently are will be able to thrive if we warm.
The most likely result is an expansion of arable land.

Hey Jack, can you tell us the origin of Tim Ball's "graph" in this blog post from WUWT that you posted? And any information regarding how it was created? And please tell us when it was published? Also, please also let us know how you knew it was 'powerfully relevant' and 'accurate'?

I'm curious because it's obviously partially based on the GISP2 Greenland data set which actually ended in 1855, not the 'present' time. Also, he's got a label of 'present global warming' but the Y axis shows it about the ~MINUS 32C mark. How is that possible that the global average temperature is MINUS 32C? Have you looked out your window? Are there mile high sheets of ice?

https://www.debatepolitics.com/envi...76-holocene-poses-difficulty-agw-concept.html

View attachment 67244989

There's a couple more questions I'd like to ask about some peculiarities of that "graph", but those questions above are enough for the moment.
Thanks in advance.

The -32 temp is for Greenland only.

WARMISTS CLAIM CLIMATE CHANGE WILL BE CATASTRPHIC

Warmists on debate politics : " We believe it"

Normals: ' did you read it"

Warmists on debate politics :" No but it says what I want"

Normals" " You do know it's massively flawed right?"

Warmists on debate politics " Who cares, as long it says what I want"

Normals: Here are the major reports on all the published research from scientists from many different fields of science relevant to climate change and why we should be concerned.

Climate Truthers: We don't believe it!

Normals:
Have you read any of the reports?

Climate truthers: Don't need to. It's all BS and scientists are all corrupt too. Alex Jones (or conspiracy blog/conservative online rag etc) told me so and he says what I want to hear so I believe him.

Normals: What evidence to you have for those claims?

Climate truthers: We don't need no stinkin' evidence, we just use our common sense. It was cold last winter where I live so Globull warming is complete BS.

Climate truthers on debate politics: "Here's a graph I found on the internet that shows Globull warming is BS."

Normals: Uh that's a fake graph from a conspiracy blog. Here I'll show you what they did....

Climate truthers: "I don't care! Data is Data! And here's some quote mines I found on the internet from scientists saying Globull warming is BS.

Normals:
*sigh*

Last edited:
The -32 temp is for Greenland only.

Yes of course it is. So now do you finally agree that it was dishonest and inaccurate for Tim Ball to label it 'present "global" temperature'?

What we do know is that plenty of places already have such conditions and seem to thrive just fine.
Think of global warming this way, whatever agriculture that exists 100 miles closer to the equator than they currently are will be able to thrive if we warm.
The most likely result is an expansion of arable land.

Yeah, we can grow bananas, coconuts and pineapples everywhere, and sing kumbahya to the mosquitos.

Yeah, we can grow bananas, coconuts and pineapples everywhere, and sing kumbahya to the mosquitos.
Do they grow bananas, coconuts and pineapples 100 miles south of you?
Hyperbole aside, What we are talking about is say Whatcom county Washington, in 100 years may only be able to grow apples
currently grown in Pierce county Washington.
But places further north will have a greater variety of options.

Do they grow bananas, coconuts and pineapples 100 miles south of you?
Hyperbole aside, What we are talking about is say Whatcom county Washington, in 100 years may only be able to grow apples
currently grown in Pierce county Washington.
But places further north will have a greater variety of options.

It’s funny.

A major report was just issued, outlining the consequences of Climate Change, and your sole understanding seems to be that it will just move weather conditions 100 miles North.

And your response to this post will be a whine that I’m not outlining what the problems might be...because you haven’t bothered to look at any of the findings.

It’s funny.

A major report was just issued, outlining the consequences of Climate Change, and your sole understanding seems to be that it will just move weather conditions 100 miles North.

And your response to this post will be a whine that I’m not outlining what the problems might be...because you haven’t bothered to look at any of the findings.
We have a century of climate history, showing the effects will be minimal.
We and our grandparents have already lived trough the types of change we can expect.

We have a century of climate history, showing the effects will be minimal.
We and our grandparents have already lived trough the types of change we can expect.

That’s your story and you’re sticking to it.

Despite the best science telling us otherwise in a report you’ll never look at because you know everything already.

347343e2510296f349c357c31f225a45.jpg

Since he's real estate developer of high end properties, many of which are on or near the coastline, you would think he would take climate change seriously....

Yes of course it is. So now do you finally agree that it was dishonest and inaccurate for Tim Ball to label it 'present "global" temperature'?

It is labelled "present global warming" not "present global temperature" and the meaning is clear that it is the Greenland temperature under "global warming."

Despite the best science telling us otherwise in a report you’ll never look at because you know everything already.
It would be nice if you would actually contribute to the discussion for once!

It would be nice if you would actually contribute to the discussion for once!
Been there, done that.

Why should I take lots of time on a post when you don’t even want to have a passing familiarity with the main topic of the thread

You literally just made up something about what the consequences of warming will be (everything moves 100 miles North!) when literally no scientists in the report have said that’s the primary effect.

If you dismiss the top experts in the world, you’ll dismiss whatever I tell you out of hand- even if it’s cut and pasted from experts.

tl, dr: you’re not worth it.

Been there, done that.

Why should I take lots of time on a post when you don’t even want to have a passing familiarity with the main topic of the thread

You literally just made up something about what the consequences of warming will be (everything moves 100 miles North!) when literally no scientists in the report have said that’s the primary effect.

If you dismiss the top experts in the world, you’ll dismiss whatever I tell you out of hand- even if it’s cut and pasted from experts.

A legend in you own mind!

347343e2510296f349c357c31f225a45.jpg

And you will never figure out that you are.

And you will never figure out that you are.

LOL.

Again, I’m not the one who thinks he knows more than the NAS.

Or the one who thinks the NSF doesnt know how to distribute grants because they are caught in the clutches of librul groupthink!

Been there, done that.

Good points. Whenever real data or scientific studies are posted, "It's a conspiracy"...

Back
Top Bottom