• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump acquitted in second impeachment trial on charge of inciting Jan. 6 Capitol riot

Common Sense 1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
It's over. Just finished the vote. 57-43 vote

Trump acquitted in second impeachment trial on charge of inciting Jan. 6 Capitol riot
GOP, led by Mitch McConnell, largely sticks with Trump during Saturday verdict

I'm genuinely surprised they picked up Toomey, Cassidy and Burr, but not surprised with the acquittal. A conviction on impeachment is a steep hill to climb and I was certain this was going to be a mostly partisan vote.

I was just going to post this myself:

[VIDEO]

It appears 7 Republicans voted "guilty."

I wonder how many of those 7 are up for re-election 2024? How many of them will be primaried and replaced?

McConnell is a douche. The guy just voted to acquit and now he's standing there talking about all the reasons Trump SHOULD be impeached.

McConnell is a douche. The guy just voted to acquit and now he's standing there talking about all the reasons Trump SHOULD be impeached.
Just covering his bases or trying to piss off people?

Gosh still delusional thinking about president Trump. Over and over the same silly stuff. o_O
Courts are not private sector.

the only delusion is assuming by anyone that the Republicans had a spine to begin with. Trump was guilty both times anyone would have a brain knows that. But when he goes in front of a real jury you know one that's actually in the room or not doodling or sleeping he'll get convicted and he'll go to jail and I'll dance a f****** jig

I am encouraged by the outcome. Everyone knew there were not enough Repubs that put the country before their party, but the fact that 7 did is more than I expected.

Naw, it's McConnell.

Just to old, meanwhile, to realize that no matter how fast you run around a tree, you can't overtake yourself.

Yup, Moscow Mitch said 45 was guilty of every single disgusting thing he was accused but, McConnel adjourned the Senate before the house could deliver the impeachment so 45 gets off.

“Acquitted”

Yup, Moscow Mitch said 45 was guilty of every single disgusting thing he was accused but, McConnel adjourned the Senate before the house could deliver the impeachment so 45 gets off.
What are you talking about? There was a vote on impeachment just an hour ago, maybe less, and Trump was acquitted.

Politics has become a function of appearances rather than of statesmanship and preservation of the founding principles of this nation.
It's a function of hanging your money bags well above the waterline and as regards the latter (bolded by me) it stopped being that a long time ago.

That's why I'd never be in politics. Not because I'm particularly honest or indeed of above average integrity, just that with my moral compass as screwed as we saw (again) today, I wouldn't be able to even find the bathroom at all.

Resulting in my constantly throwing up all over the living room.

With this shameful acquittal, the Republican Party’s fall from a legitimate constitutional and once principled Party is now complete. It has severed its ties to the U.S. Constitutional system and cut its roots that go back to just before Abraham Lincoln. It has trashed its legacy. Its sole cause is the pursuit of nihilistic power for one corrupt man.

John Adams’ sentiments in a letter to Mrs. Maccaulay dated December 31, 1772 apply to today’s Republican Party, once one swaps “Party” for “Country.” Adams observed, “The Prospect before me, however, is very gloomy. My Country is in deep Distress, and has very little Ground of Hope, that She will soon, if ever get out of it. The System of a mean, and a merciless Administration, is gaining Ground upon our Patriots every Day.”

The Republican Party is now the Party of despotism. It is morally corrupt. It is unprincipled. It is anti-constitutional. It has given its blessing to the insurrection that would, if it had succeeded, driven the Congress from Washington, installed Donald Trump as dictator, and overturned the Constitutional framework completed on September 17, 1787.

Aside from Republican Senators Burr, Cassidy, Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Sasse, and Toomey, who knew to put country before slavish loyalty to Donald Trump, there is nothing to be salvaged. The Republican Party as an institution is gone. The Party of Insurrection deserves only ruin after it willfully chose to appease the defeated and disgraced President who sought to bring demolish the American constitutional framework.

We are beyond trials now .
Cuomo style justice & retribution is coming to all the young Trumpers once the the elderly and enfeebled white supremacist Trumpers have been completely liquidated .
NY Graves 2.jpg
Sleep well Trumpers.

I'm genuinely surprised they picked up Toomey, Cassidy and Burr, but not surprised with the acquittal. A conviction on impeachment is a steep hill to climb and I was certain this was going to be a mostly partisan vote.
It is not a steep climb, it is merely a hump to get over. A jury needs 12 to convict which is 100 percent of them. Democrats failed miserably even though all they needed was 67 to convict.

DDE552C6-67A8-45D3-8BAC-82B43F973527.jpegA30629D5-33ED-4424-9D61-6DA7B10497EC.jpeg61C9560D-9A27-4DBC-9802-0621B2C9A9AA.png
That only just beginning is totally not ominous.

see he’s got his own 14 words.

This is pretty dead on.

Back
Top Bottom