• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Title is a bit strong - he's suggesting involvement - but the rules of the forum require it.

Donald Trump on Tuesday alleged that Ted Cruz’s father was with John F. Kennedy’s assassin shortly before he murdered the president, parroting a National Enquirer story claiming that Rafael Cruz was pictured with Lee Harvey Oswald handing out pro-Fidel Castro pamphlets in New Orleans in 1963.
A Cruz campaign spokesperson told the Miami Herald, which pointed out numerous flaws in the Enquirer story, that it was “another garbage story in a tabloid full of garbage.”

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said Tuesday during a phone interview with Fox News. “What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don't even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”

“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump continued. “It’s horrible.”...

Oh, and then there was this interesting little tidbit:

Trump’s tangent followed his rebuke of Rafael Cruz using the pulpit to court evangelicals for his son.

“I implore, I exhort every member of the body of Christ to vote according to the word of God and vote for the candidate that stands on the word of God and on the Constitution of the United States of America,” Rafael Cruz said in a video clip aired by Fox News. “And I am convinced that man is my son, Ted Cruz. The alternative could be the destruction of America.”

Asked to respond, Trump called it a disgrace. “I think it’s a disgrace that he’s allowed to do it. I think it’s a disgrace that he’s allowed to say it,” he said, before touting his support from Jerry Falwell Jr. and other evangelical leaders.

It's a disgrace that a man has the right to free speech on behalf of his son (note it's not the content, but the freedom that Trump states is a disgrace), if that speech offends Donald Trump.

There is a minority chance that this man could win against Hillary Clinton (I think it would require an exogenous event, but it's there). All those precedents that Obama created? They'll be there for him. What a joy to look forward to.

Title is a bit strong - he's suggesting involvement - but the rules of the forum require it.

It's a disgrace that a man has the right to free speech on behalf of his son (note it's not the content, but the freedom that Trump states is a disgrace), if that speech offends Donald Trump.

There is a minority chance that this man could win against Hillary Clinton (I think it would require an exogenous event, but it's there). All those precedents that Obama created? They'll be there for him. What a joy to look forward to.

So your byline is sarcasm CP? All this time I thought you were a Trump man.

You know what? I was happier on vacay down in Mexico were I couldn't understand the television and didn't have to listen to that obnoxious, disgusting moron Trump speak for 2 weeks. He's insufferable.

Most trump supporters don't identify as liberals will.

Many do - and he seems to think he can pick off Bernie supporters (just as Bernie thought he could pick off Trump supporters). Anti-Trade, pro-PP, pro-UHC, Pro-Increasing-Taxes-on-the-Rich, there's plenty of room there.

That being said, Trump himself is no conservative, which is why a good part of why I will not support him.

How long will you continue to deny the fact that republicans are loving trump?

Donald Trump’s Strongest Supporters: A Certain Kind of Democrat

Most trump supporters don't identify as liberals will. How long will you continue to deny the fact that republicans are loving trump?

Mitch Daniels had it right. He said he never used the C word to describe himself nor has he used the L word to insult someone else.

It is just The Donald doing what he does best, throwing "stuff" against the wall to see what will stick. The Donald is a National Embarrassment.

Many do - and he seems to think he can pick off Bernie supporters (just as Bernie thought he could pick off Trump supporters). Anti-Trade, pro-PP, pro-UHC, Pro-Increasing-Taxes-on-the-Rich, there's plenty of room there.

That being said, Trump himself is no conservative, which is why a good part of why I will not support him.

Donald Trump’s Strongest Supporters: A Certain Kind of Democrat
Still posting an article from 2015 that I've already had to address?

He is strongest among Republicans who are less affluent, less educated and less likely to turn out to vote. His very best voters are self-identified Republicans who nonetheless are registered as Democrats. It’s a coalition that’s concentrated in the South,
Self identified republicans will. LOL.

Trump has crawled inside Cruz's head and set up his Indiana campaign headquarters.

I don't think he's a Cruzer. He was a Rubio man (like me, only I'm a girl). I think he's a Kasich man now (like me).

Nope, he's pretty firmly argued himself into the Cruz camp. In his view Cruz is the ultimate conservative movement warrior. I never saw him go all weak in the knees for Little Marco.

Nope, he's pretty firmly argued himself into the Cruz camp. In his view Cruz is the ultimate conservative movement warrior. I never saw him go all weak in the knees for Little Marco.

I think Cruz is a true conservative. I'll say it. I just won't vote for him. CP may end up voting for him, but he isn't a Cruzer in the sense that some others on here are.

I don't think he's a Cruzer. He was a Rubio man (like me, only I'm a girl). I think he's a Kasich man now (like me).

Hmmm.
Maybe I'm wrong.
But I thought he and someone else (I forget her name) seemed pretty hot n heavy for Cruz a while back one of the threads.

The rise of Trump was not enabled by Obama - it started long before then, with the confluence of three events: (1) Nixon's "Southern Strategy", which began the divide of the parties not just along conservative/liberal lines, but also along racial lines; (2) Reagan's repeal of the "fairness doctrine" which had required mainstream news agencies to give both sides of the story, instead of just one side; and (3) The Right's embrace of the evangelical Religious Right, wherein the televangelists became Republican power brokers (like Jerry Falwell) and encouraged the perception that it was almost a sin before God to listen to (much less work with) liberals on almost any issue whatsoever.

As a direct result, it is now almost verboten for the conservatives in Congress to work with the liberals on almost any issue, a great example of which is how John Boehner was castigated by the Right for actually negotiating with Obama on the debt ceiling, even after he later bragged that "we got 98% of what we wanted" in the deal. Imagine that - 98% of what the GOP wanted...but he still got insulted as a RINO for working with Obama at all!

This is what enabled the rise of a man who is a racist, xenophobic misogynist who readily buys into conspiracy theories (as your OP demonstrates) and who is certainly not a real conservative. He's simply tapping into the resentment of the white working class who are looking for someone to blame for their misfortunes...and Trump is providing the target: anyone who isn't part of the white working class.

Trump appeals to the weak and/or the ignorant and/or the desperate. No wonder he supposedly used to keep a book by his bed that contained Hitler's speeches.

He has all the class of the National Enquirer.

And if it was not for his rich Daddy, we would have never heard of him.

When all this started, I feared Bush or Rubio becoming the nominee because I thought they were more of the same. And though I don't think they would make good POTUS's, I was wrong and I wish those two were fighting it out now. Because Rubio is bright and Bush seems decent.

America has gone too anti-establishment. The right have gone too far into the weird zone. And their leader is Donald Trump.

And heaven help America and the world if he ever bcomes POTUS. Because I truly believe he is a narcissistic, xenophobic, emotionally disturbed bully.

Last edited:
Hmmm.
Maybe I'm wrong.
But I thought he and someone else (I forget her name) seemed pretty hot n heavy for Cruz a while back one of the threads.

I think Vesper is a long time Cruz supporter. I never saw CP post about Cruz with enthusiasm, but like me, I think he sees a lot of true conservative qualities in Cruz. Granted, I haven't been online for over 2 weeks so maybe things have changed.

Ah, the libertarian. I'd disagree, of course, but at least he's not Trump or Cruz, so I'll give you props for that....

There is nothing on this Earth that can make me vote for Trump or Cruz. Not even the chance of trading in my husband for Brad Pitt.

Back
Top Bottom