• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump accuses CBS of editing him out of context on abortion

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Donald Trump accuses CBS of editing him out of context on abortion - CNNPolitics.com
Trump accuses CBS of editing him out of context on abortion

Donald Trump suggested Saturday that a controversial interview he gave about abortion was edited out of context.

“Trump made headlines Friday when he told CBS's John Dickerson on "Face the Nation" that he believes federal laws should not be changed to outlaw abortion.
"At this moment the laws are set. And I think we have to leave it that way," Trump said in an interview with CBS's John Dickerson on "Face the Nation."

CBS released excerpts Friday night, and the full interview will air Sunday morning………….

…………Soon after, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks said Trump was giving "an accurate account of the law as it is today and made clear it must stay that way now -- until he is president." She added that Trump, if elected, would change laws to "allow the states to protect the unborn" and insisted his position had not changed…………”

……….. She added that Trump, if elected, would change laws to "allow the states to protect the unborn" and insisted his position had not changed……….

…………………. Trump then said that the press often edits his words and that the practice isn't applied to other candidates.
"The problem is they don't do it with everybody. They do it with me. But I don't see them doing it with other people," he said.
A CBS News spokeswoman told CNN Saturday that "nothing in that section he reference was edited." A message left with Hicks seeking additional comment was not immediately returned………….”

Sounds like Donald screwed up for the 5th time on the abortion issue an d is whining CBS edited the tape and took his statement out of context…………even before the interview is aired………………. Now Donald can see into the future…….

Did you know that? I never knew that…………..

But there is no need to worry when Trump is elected he will change the law so states can do any dam thing they want……………

I thought Donald was running for president?

Must be King because President’s cannot do what he claims he will be doing if elected…………………The fool does not even know how our government works or who has what powers…………….Donald the Ignorant OMG

UPDATE

MSNBC Fires Back And Stops A Big Trump Lie Dead In Its Tracks
MSNBC Fires Back and Stops A Big Trump Lie Dead In Its Tracks
MSNBC is firing back against Donald Trump's claim that MSNBC edited his interview with Chris Matthews to take his comment that women should be punished for having abortions out of context.

“…………. Trump said, “You really ought to hear the whole thing. I mean, this is a long convoluted question. This was a long discussion, and they just cut it out. And, frankly, it was extremely — it was really convoluted.”

MSNBC fired back with a statement to TVNewser, “The town hall interview with Donald Trump was taped in advance and then aired in its entirety. Absolutely no part of the exchange between Trump and Chris Matthews was edited out.”

An examination of the transcript reveals that Trump was lying……………”

If he's moving his mouth................yall know the rest

Back
Top Bottom