• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump abruptly ends NPR interview after he is pressed on baseless election fraud claims

First thing that jumps out at me is - why in heavens name would he even bother to sit down with NPR??

Recently deceased Mike Nesmith, of Monkees fame, talked about his legal battles with NPR as they tried to rip him off for royalties I think it was.

He said it was like doing business with your grandmother, only to find out your grandmother is a thief, LOL.

Nothing but despicable, rent seeking scum at NPR.
I think you should actually read up on this matter before posting this kind of garbage. The suit was between PBS (not NPR) and a company owned by Michael Nesmith. It was actually PBS that was suing Nesmith for not paying royalties; Nesmith filed a counter-claim, which he actually won. It is reasonably complex set of circumstances that you mischaracterized, including not getting the correct entity involved.

I think you should actually read up on this matter before posting this kind of garbage. The suit was between PBS (not NPR) and a company owned by Michael Nesmith. It was actually PBS that was suing Nesmith for not paying royalties; Nesmith filed a counter-claim, which he actually won. It is reasonably complex set of circumstances that you mischaracterized, including not getting the correct entity involved.
I corrected the mistake... but the sentiment is correct - just passing on what Nesmith himself said.

The liberal welfare train runs on tracks of gold for those who know the secret handshake ;)

I didn't see any image softening in that interview but I do think he's going to run. Lindsey Graham was on Fox News today, with Sandra Smith and John Roberts and Graham seems to think there is no doubt at all. He's in communication with Trump and he thinks it a certainty. In no way has Trump chosen to go away from politics. To me, it seems he's ALL IN.
Let's hope so! Right now I think just about any Republican candidate except Trump could win!

First thing that jumps out at me is - why in heavens name would he even bother to sit down with NPR??

Recently deceased Mike Nesmith, of Monkees fame, talked about his legal battles with NPR as they tried to rip him off for royalties I think it was.

He said it was like doing business with your grandmother, only to find out your grandmother is a thief, LOL.

:ROFLMAO:

It was a pre-recorded interview which NPR would pause and make counterpoints then resume. Without Trump being able to respond. Something you'd expect from state media in dictatorships.
Since it's then well known that NPR does pre-recorded interviews, DJT would be very aware of that type of a set-up before doing such an interview. To be honest, I can't blame stations doing it that way especially with DJT because of his history with rambling on and on not allowing the interviewer to move on with more questions. DJT has even done his forever ramblings on FOX. However, be it as it may, NPR does pre-recorded interviews - DJT still hung up the phone while being questioned.

The conversation was cut short when Trump hung up the phone while being questioned about his continued lies about the outcome of the 2020 election.

Let's hope so! Right now I think just about any Republican candidate except Trump could win!
I live for the day when Trump goes down legally .. he's been committing felonies all of his life and getting away with it.

Yup!! thin skinned, easily offended and quick to take offense. It worked as a shady real estate mogul not so much in politics .. where criticism and slights are an everyday occurrence.

Trump isn't cut out to be in politics, selling cars, insurance or real estate is a much better fit IMO.

View attachment 67369020
He'd might be hired to be a banker, but then only if that bank would sport his name outside - 'The Bank of Trump'.

He'd might be hired to be a banker, but then only if that bank would sport his name outside - 'The Bank of Trump'.
Yeah and if they gave him a Gold key to a Gold executive washroom and installed a gold bank vault for all his grifted gold!

;)

I'm saying they would stop the recorded interview with Trump repeatedly while he was no longer on the line and make counterpoints. I'm sorry that's sleazy, no way around it. You don't call that an interview you call it a staged political circus.

No counterpoints were made during the interview.

What legal battles with NPR?

I'm saying they would stop the recorded interview with Trump repeatedly while he was no longer on the line and make counterpoints. I'm sorry that's sleazy, no way around it. You don't call that an interview you call it a staged political circus.
I listened to the segment in its entirety, read the full transcript. It was quite obvious when what the interviewer was saying was either commentary on the interview and or actual replay of the interview.

There was no sandbagging of Trump as has been suggested or anything shady or sneaky as has also been suggested and Trump knew right up front the interview was not live and was being taped for later broadcast.

It was a fair interview while it lasted and the only thing lacking and in any way deceitful was in Trump and his continued absurd stolen election claims.

I corrected the mistake... but the sentiment is correct - just passing on what Nesmith himself said.

The liberal welfare train runs on tracks of gold for those who know the secret handshake ;)
;) (y)

I don't!

:(

No counterpoints were made during the interview.

I'm a frequent NPR listener and the first version of it I heard had it stopped and started with a host asking another person stuff like what did he think about the lies Trump was telling. Even their serious news reporters routinely refer to any Trump statements as lies.

Wow you people really got a bad case of TDS !
He stopped an interview by 6 whole minutes befroe it should end ???...

Why didn't you link the ACTUAL interview ? You just pointed to a story about how Trump did somthing, rather than showing what he did ?...

It wasn't anything really bad or that we haven't see before...

You people are being triggered by your own side.
It was a 15 minute interview, so 6 minutes before the end of a 15 minute interview is pretty rude. Let's face it, Trump is a snowflake of the worse kind. He can dish it out, but he can't take it. He certainly can not deal in truth. That is not an attractive quality

I'm a frequent NPR listener and the first version of it I heard had it stopped and started with a host asking another person stuff like what did he think about the lies Trump was telling. Even their serious news reporters routinely refer to any Trump statements as lies.
Well they were Trump lies, so what is your beef?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It was a 15 minute interview, so 6 minutes before the end of a 15 minute interview is pretty rude. Let's face it, Trump is a snowflake of the worse kind. He can dish it out, but he can't take it. He certainly can not deal in truth. That is not an attractive quality
Cry me a river ... You can't get in to much of a conversation or debate on even 1 subject in 15minutes !
This hack just wanted to read off snippets of other peoples statements to piss off Trump.

The FAKE OUTRAGE by the Left & the Main Stream Media is just pathetic!

I don't see you all these hurt snowflakes crying when Biden or the Whitehouse mouth pieces cut things short or don't answer hard question...

But Trump cuts out 6mins early and the Left f'n needs Therapy???
What a PATHETIC joke!

I actually like when Trump puts these Propagandist Hacks "Reporter"(LOL) in their Place !

Watch the video and start at 12sec ! Priceless !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Makes you miss Trump !
Pure Comedic Genius !
Then again at 1:46 ....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cry me a river ... You can't get in to much of a conversation or debate on even 1 subject in 15minutes !
This hack just wanted to read off snippets of other peoples statements to piss off Trump.

The FAKE OUTRAGE by the Left & the Main Stream Media is just pathetic!

I don't see you all these hurt snowflakes crying when Biden or the Whitehouse mouth pieces cut things short or don't answer hard question...

But Trump cuts out 6mins early and the Left f'n needs Therapy???
What a PATHETIC joke!

I actually like when Trump puts these Propagandist Hacks "Reporter"(LOL) in their Place !

Watch the video and start at 12sec ! Priceless !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Makes you miss Trump !
Pure Comedic Genius !
Then again at 1:46 ....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

^^^Totally Clueless How Journalism i,e, Steve Inskeep's Interview Method Works^^^

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They could have covered 2, 3 or more topics in the other 6:00 Minutes arranged for.

That is if Trump hadn't been such a petulant ass about being called on his outright lies and misstatements.

Trump came to that interview, phone interview, totally unarmed and Steve had very much done his homework before.

It isn't unfair for the interviewer to be better prepared than the intended interviewee.

Poor Trumpie!

The link is to a youtube video of Late Night with Seth Meyers and him doing his Closer Look segment from a non studio location.

His main topic is the Trump vs NPR interview but as is often the case Seth puts in to his segments additional comedic fodder of a pertinent or sometimes non specifically pertinent and oft unflattering nature for the focus of the segment.

Enjoy!

First off, I'm shocked that DJT even held a phone interview with NPR. Did he actually think that he'd pursued interviewer Inskeep that there was election fraud 2020 that cost him the presidency rather than the fact that he, himself, based on his insane performance during his 1st term lost the election? However, keeping with his toddler ego, he prematurely hung up. What are the odds that this interview converted listeners over to his bs belief? If anything, it did allow him to plug Kari Lake a gubernatorial candidate in Arizona.
View attachment 67368881
Trump hung up on “Morning Edition” host Steve Inskeep nine minutes into what NPR said was scheduled to be a 15-minute interview that was broadcast Wednesday.
After several lines of questioning related to Trump’s widely debunked election claims, Inskeep asked Trump whether he would endorse only Republican candidates this year who are pressing his case that the 2020 contest against Joe Biden was stolen from him.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, I have one more question,” Inskeep said, adding that he wanted to talk about a court hearing related to the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the Capitol.
1642214622046.png

Back
Top Bottom