• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: A contract is a contract...

Someone needs to educate the president that the three branches of government do not operate under contract law... :roll:

View attachment 67248371

Not only that, but since when does he, as a business man, honor contracts? How many businesses have taken him to court?

:thumbdown

Someone needs to educate the president that the three branches of government do not operate under contract law... :roll:

View attachment 67248371

WTF is he babbling about?

Contracts, like the ones he breached in Atlantic City with subcontractors?

It's word parsing over a bad choice of words. But then again not being a constitutional scholar, maybe there is such a thing. Trump is not a career politician that's why regulars love him and the left hates him. He does not poll test and read someone else's words from a teleprompter, so yeah, humans make mistakes.

Perhaps one of his mistakes on this is that he is under the impression that making his SOTU address in the capitol is HIS decision. It isn't. A president must be invited to speak before congress, and that invitation can only come from the Speaker if the House. This is HER decision.

If you were going to have brain surgery and the guy that came in was a plumber, would you say anything? That argument of not being a career politician sure turned out well.

So true. Obama was an amateur, but at least he was smart enough to hire experienced people.

So far, I'm unimpressed by the Democrats who have announced their candidacies for 2020. More amateurs, for the most part. Looking back, it seems many of our smartest, most capable presidents have been former state governors. They have a chance of knowing how the deals are made.

I want someone smart, but boring. Someone who will put his or her head down, roll up the sleeves nose to the grindstone, and get **** done. Someone who won't take crap from the likes of China or Russia or NK. I want some slow news days!

:coffeepap

So true. Obama was an amateur, but at least he was smart enough to hire experienced people.

So far, I'm unimpressed by the Democrats who have announced their candidacies for 2020. More amateurs, for the most part. Looking back, it seems many of our smartest, most capable presidents have been former state governors. They have a chance of knowing how the deals are made.

I want someone smart, but boring. Someone who will put his or her head down, roll up the sleeves nose to the grindstone, and get **** done. Someone who won't take crap from the likes of China or Russia or NK. I want some slow news days!

:coffeepap

I want a candidate who while campaigning can electrify the base and is all the other things you mention. We don't need boring in my opinion.

Perhaps one of his mistakes on this is that he is under the impression that making his SOTU address in the capitol is HIS decision. It isn't. A president must be invited to speak before congress, and that invitation can only come from the Speaker if the House. This is HER decision.

I totally hope she does. Politically, that would be a complete repudiation of all things democratic and orderly, by the left.

Yeah. I hope she does it.

The government must remain closed and the wall must be built because otherwise Trump "would look foolish," and that must not happen. It is a matter of national security.

:lamo

You're suggesting that Congress is a co-equal branch of the government. Where did you get such an idea?

Stop! You're killing me! I don't think my life insurance policy covers death by sarcasm!

:2rofll:

no SOTU on the floor of the house while the government is shut down. as i said in another thread, let him deliver his lies in the fox cafeteria or to a half empty senate.

Naw, he'll hold one of his ego-feeding rallies and deliver his SOTU as nothing but a list of things that make him look great in the fogged eyes of his mostly morinic base.

Naw, he'll hold one of his ego-feeding rallies and deliver his SOTU as nothing but a list of things that make him look great in the fogged eyes of his mostly morinic base.

Cool. I'm fine with him renting an arena and delivering the SOTU to his cult.

It looks like the TDS fever has run it's course if that is the best you can do! LOL. How is it going to be sustained for nearly a year, when this is the best you can do? Very weak sauce in deed!
I’m relying on succinctness to carry me through. ;)

Cool. I'm fine with him renting an arena and delivering the SOTU to his cult.

I'm not. Taxpayers have to foot the bill for the arena, the security, and his transpotation to and from.

I'm not. Taxpayers have to foot the bill for the arena, the security, and his transpotation to and from.

Eh, he'll just grift another trip to Maralago anyway. Let him have his lie fest somewhere other than the house.

Back
Top Bottom