• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump 44% approval and 55% disapproval on Rasmussen

Never said hw was good for the party. I'm saying that by any rational metric he has been very successful. It's the irrational ones ("But he's mean!) that makes it not so.

Ironically, it is because of the economic success that people are willing to question trump’s actions.

If your economic position is secure, other things are allowed to take priority

Ironically, it is because of the economic success that people are willing to question trump’s actions.

If your economic position is secure, other things are allowed to take priority

That can easily go away and we can easily get more war, seeing as we have two war parties now.

Not all Republicans are believing that Trump is good for the party.

Trump in truth is NOT good for the Republican Party.

Trump is to the Republican Party what polio vaccine is to polio.

He is having the same impact on the other cancerous infestation of the body politic called the Democrat Party.

Logic and good sense are the antithesis of what drives our politics. Trump is a refreshing reminder that setting goals and then working to achieve them is what built this country.

The rest of the politicians in Washington DC would serve us best by submitting their resignations.

Trump in truth is NOT good for the Republican Party.

Trump is to the Republican Party what polio vaccine is to polio.

He is having the same impact on the other cancerous infestation of the body politic called the Democrat Party.

Logic and good sense are the antithesis of what drives our politics. Trump is a refreshing reminder that setting goals and then working to achieve them is what built this country.

The rest of the politicians in Washington DC would serve us best by submitting their resignations.

Trump is more akin to the polio virus than to the vaccine.

He is aiding and abetting the cancerous infestation of white supremacists and evangelical Christians who wish to make The Handmaid's Tale a reality.

OK, I will agree that logic and good sense aren't very common attributes in politics. Trump is a pustulent reminder that too many are easily conned by a man who talks a big story but seldom accomplishes what he claims to have done. For those familiar with American history, Trump is pushing for another "Gilded Age" in which the vast majority of Americans will not enjoy the benefits of a swelling economy.

Some of the politicians in Washington DC, and various state capitols, would definitely serve the nation by resigning.

And because it is Rasmussen with their bogus methodology that nobody else uses - you can take a solid five points off that approval rating to obtain the real number.

Economist has him higher :)

Economist has him higher :)

Lol. His numbers have tanking since his televised "the sky is falling" Oval Office national address.

His shutdown has only served to increase his dismal poll numbers.

He is aiding and abetting the cancerous infestation of white supremacists and evangelical Christians who wish to make The Handmaid's Tale a reality.

OK, I will agree that logic and good sense aren't very common attributes in politics. Trump is a pustulent reminder that too many are easily conned by a man who talks a big story but seldom accomplishes what he claims to have done. For those familiar with American history, Trump is pushing for another "Gilded Age" in which the vast majority of Americans will not enjoy the benefits of a swelling economy.

Some of the politicians in Washington DC, and various state capitols, would definitely serve the nation by resigning.

What are some examples of what you believe Trump has done/is doing to aid and abet White supremacists and Evangelical Christians?

And because it is Rasmussen with their bogus methodology that nobody else uses - you can take a solid five points off that approval rating to obtain the real number.

Rasmussen was closer than most of the polls the day before the election. They had Clinton up by 2 points. Actual outcome in the popular vote had Clinton up by 2.1 points in the popular vote.

Rasmussen projected the other two to get 6%. They got 5.7%.

Sometimes it helps accuracy to base analysis on facts.

By taking 5 points off of Rasmussen's pretty accurate poll result, they would have moved into the same range as NBC.

Now THAT is a hack organization.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

https://splinternews.com/here-is-the-final-popular-vote-count-of-the-2016-electi-1793864349

Rasmussen was closer than most of the polls the day before the election. They had Clinton up by 2 points. Actual outcome in the popular vote had Clinton up by 2.1 points in the popular vote.

Rasmussen projected the other two to get 6%. They got 5.7%.

Sometimes it helps accuracy to base analysis on facts.

By taking 5 points off of Rasmussen's pretty accurate poll result, they would have moved into the same range as NBC.

Now THAT is a hack organization.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

https://splinternews.com/here-is-the-final-popular-vote-count-of-the-2016-electi-1793864349

Do you understand the fundamental difference between election poll which measure VOTERS and presidential approval polls which measure the level of support among the much winder group of THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?

Apparently not because if you did you would not have wasted the space talking about Rasmussen election polls as they are completely and utterly irrelevant in any discussion about the faulty methodology of Rasmussen presidential approval polls. They are two very different things and you cannot use the methodology of one applied to the other and get accurate results.

What are some examples of what you believe Trump has done/is doing to aid and abet White supremacists and Evangelical Christians?
There is Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2018
On the campaign trail, Trump repeatedly made explicitly racist and otherwise bigoted remarks — from calling Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists to proposing a ban on all Muslims entering the US to suggesting that a judge should recuse himself from a case solely because of the judge’s Mexican heritage.

The trend has continued into his presidency. From stereotyping a black reporter to pandering to white supremacists after they held a violent rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, Trump hasn’t stopped with the racist acts even after his election.

In fact, the very first time that Trump appeared in the pages of the New York Times, back in the 1970s, was when the US Department of Justice sued him for racial discrimination.
Is it a coincidence that Trump uses the language of white supremacy?
“There is a Revolution going on in California. Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding concept,” the president tweeted on Tuesday.

What could he mean? Immigrants are breeding thoroughbred horses? Prize- *winning cattle?

Or perhaps Trump was using “breeding” in the sense now popular among white supremacists?

Trump’s Ideology Is Anti-Semitism Without Jews
During the 2016 campaign, Trump has inadvertently slipped over the line between explicit and implicit anti-Semitism when he tweeted out a meme produced by anti-Semites calling Hillary Clinton the “most corrupt candidate ever!” inside a Star of David. (The star signaled to anti-Semites that Clinton’s alleged corruption was in reality a form of control by the Jews.)

More often, he would invoke anti-Semitic themes without any explicit reference to Jews or Judaism. Trump’s closing campaign ad on television denounced “a global power structure that is responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class, stripped our country of its wealth and put that money into the pockets of a handful of large corporations and political entities,” over images of Janet Yellen, George Soros, and Lloyd Blankfein, all of whom happen to be Jewish. Trump lambastes his enemies as “globalists,” which, through its implication of extra-national loyalty, closely tracks the primary accusation made against Jews.

ISLAMOPHOBIC INCIDENTS IN CALIFORNIA HAVE SKYROCKETED UNDER TRUMP . . . many non-Muslims have fallen victim to mounting Islamophobia in Trump's America. For instance, many Christian Arabs were detained at airports amid the first iterations of Trump's travel ban. Sikh Americans have been subjected to fatal Islamophobic hate crimes because of their confusion with Muslims.

Then there is Project Blitz

Christian soldiers marching on the US with 'Project Blitz'

Since Donald Trump became President, new legislative measures have been released across the United States that aim to impose hardline Christian values across all levels of American society.

The measures, contained in a "playbook" known as Project Blitz, developed by a group of evangelical Christian organisations called the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation (CPCF), has been sent to state legislators across the country to provide pro-Christian "model bills". They aim to enshrine wide ranging "religious freedom" laws and many have already been enacted in several states.

One could look at the views of Trump's pick for Attorney General concerning the separation of 'church and state' as another example of "Judeo-Christian" faith being forced into the law books.

In a 1992 address to “The Governor’s Conference on Juvenile Crime, Drugs and Gangs,” Barr condemned church/state separation in public schools:

This moral lobotomy of public schools has been based on extremist notions of separation of church and state or on theories of moral relativism which reject the notion that there are standards of rights or wrong to which the community can demand adherence.

In a 2017 article published by The Catholic Lawyer, Barr complained of rising secularism
We live in an increasingly militant, secular age… As part of this philosophy, we see a growing hostility toward religion, particularly Catholicism. This form of bigotry has always been fashionable in the United States. There are, today, even greater efforts to marginalize or “ghettoize” orthodox religion…

Of course, this bit of 'anti-Christian' ranting by some woman on the pages of the ever so liberal NY Times is another fine example of liberal, elite hatred of 'real America. :roll:
The White House Is Tearing Down the Wall Between Church and State

Many Americans were shocked last week when Attorney General Jeff Sessions turned to the Bible — specifically, Paul’s epistle to the Romans — to justify President Trump’s policy of separating migrant children from their parents. This scriptural justification for a political decision should not have surprised anyone, because Mr. Trump’s administration has consistently treated the separation of church and state as a form of heresy rather than a cherished American value.

Attacks on the wall of separation established by the founders — which the religious right likes to call “a lie of the left” — are nothing new. What has changed under Mr. Trump is the disproportionate political debt he owes to extreme religious conservatives, whose views on church-state issues — ranging from the importance of secular public education to women’s and gay rights — are far removed from the American mainstream.
(. . .)
Trump administration officials have used fundamentalist biblical interpretations to support everything from environmental deregulation to tax cuts.

I've heard various references to "The Handmaids Tale", but have never watched or read it.

What is he doing that is promoting an implementation of the objectionable philosophies presented therein?

Maybe use Ivanka's life and the restrictions imposed upon her by her father as a starting point in your response.

Do you understand the fundamental difference between election poll which measure VOTERS and presidential approval polls which measure the level of support among the much winder group of THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?

Apparently not because if you did you would not have wasted the space talking about Rasmussen election polls as they are completely and utterly irrelevant in any discussion about the faulty methodology of Rasmussen presidential approval polls. They are two very different things and you cannot use the methodology of one applied to the other and get accurate results.

Confronted by actual facts you again retreat to your bias and dogma.

Why do you almost ALWAYS ignore fact in favor of fantasy?

Confronted by actual facts you again retreat to your bias and dogma.

Why do you almost ALWAYS ignore fact in favor of fantasy?

Do you not understand why the methodology employed by Rasmussen is rejected by the others professional polling organizations and is thus looked at as unreliable and it numbers are highly suspect?

Do you not understand why the methodology employed by Rasmussen is rejected by the others professional polling organizations and is thus looked at as unreliable and it numbers are highly suspect?

One must ask: Is it an inability to understand or a refusal to understand? One is the result of poor learning, either due to poor teachers or a lack of schooling on the subject; the other is similar to those views held by religious fundamentalists - "If it don't fit, it ain't real!!"

Do you see what you have done in your post?

You post descriptions of things that Trump's enemies say Trump has done. This is not a report of what Trump has done. It is a report of what Trump's enemies want you to think about their enemy.

That is the definition of propaganda.

Then you post a Tweet from Trump about Hilary Clinton being a crook. The star that framed Clinton's picture framed Clinton. That's ALL it did.

The writer who hates Trump attached a meaning to the star and you bought it "hook line and sinker". That is not a veiled hate message against fishermen. I don't like fishing, but I find the people that do it to be pretty likable.

Did you know that Trump's daughter is Jewish?

Regarding the sanctuary cities, I find this to be an interesting form of revolution. Like a child posting an objectionable picture on the wall of "his" room.

I don't plan to move to a sanctuary city. If I lived in one, I don't know that I'd move out. I'm not at all sure that the residents can note the difference or that most care one way or the other.

San Francisco and Indianapolis are about the same population. Indy has more violent crimes, SF has more total crimes. I don't know what that says about Sanctuary cities and crime or if it addresses the topic in any way.

In my experience, variety is the spice of life. Government is group of slow thinking swindlers. People are just trying to get by.

I find it interesting that Trump's daughter is Jewish, he is married to an immigrant and his enemies have successfully defined him to the weak minded as Anti Semitic and Anti Immigrant.

What level of ignorance is demanded to accept these obvious lies?

Do you see what you have done in your post?

You post descriptions of things that Trump's enemies say Trump has done. This is not a report of what Trump has done. It is a report of what Trump's enemies want you to think about their enemy.
Yes, I know what I wrote and linked to in my earlier post. For some reason, (yeah I know just another leftie wacko thinking he can think: roll:) losing civil cases in regards to charges of racial discrimination would seem to be an indicator of racism. Paying for full page ads in a newspaper that called for the execution of black teenagers, who were falsely convicted of rape charges, and even after the evidence showed them to be innocent, saying he still thought they were guilty of 'something'. Supposedly paying an investigator to dig into the birth records of America's first black president because he couldn't believe the black person with the funny name could really be American - yeah, they are Trump's actions and words and yes they do show his racism.

I find it interesting that Trump's daughter is Jewish, he is married to an immigrant and his enemies have successfully defined him to the weak minded as Anti Semitic and Anti Immigrant.

What level of ignorance is demanded to accept these obvious lies?
So, why did Trump tweet the image of Clinton framed by the Star of David? Why does he use words that have meaning for anti-Semites? Is he that ****ing ignorant? If he is that unlearned, why is any rational person listening to him?

Yes, Trump is married to an immigrant - for the second time - an immigrant who for some reason was granted a visa which normally only goes to highly educated persons coming into the States for academic reasons. But then she is a European and it is 'common' knowledge that those white-skinned people are far superior to anyone with more darkly-toned epidermis, but most people know that it is not 'nice' to say such words openly, so you have to attack "immigrants from ****hole countries", which is just a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge - know what I mean".

Do you not understand that the outcomes of his methods are more accurate than most?

I don't care why everyone doing it wrong like to stroke each other.

I look for accurate real world outcomes.

NBC presumably followed all of the rules you seem to like and they were about as inaccurate as the worst available.

Why do you prefer fantasy to accuracy?

Yes, I know what I wrote and linked to in my earlier post. For some reason, (yeah I know just another leftie wacko thinking he can think: roll:) losing civil cases in regards to charges of racial discrimination would seem to be an indicator of racism. Paying for full page ads in a newspaper that called for the execution of black teenagers, who were falsely convicted of rape charges, and even after the evidence showed them to be innocent, saying he still thought they were guilty of 'something'. Supposedly paying an investigator to dig into the birth records of America's first black president because he couldn't believe the black person with the funny name could really be American - yeah, they are Trump's actions and words and yes they do show his racism.

So, why did Trump tweet the image of Clinton framed by the Star of David? Why does he use words that have meaning for anti-Semites? Is he that ****ing ignorant? If he is that unlearned, why is any rational person listening to him?

Yes, Trump is married to an immigrant - for the second time - an immigrant who for some reason was granted a visa which normally only goes to highly educated persons coming into the States for academic reasons. But then she is a European and it is 'common' knowledge that those white-skinned people are far superior to anyone with more darkly-toned epidermis, but most people know that it is not 'nice' to say such words openly, so you have to attack "immigrants from ****hole countries", which is just a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge - know what I mean".

Regarding the s-hole countries, the number of folks walking 2000 with no money in their pockets and no hope in their homeland seem to indicate that they share that opinion. I had to leave my hometown because the economy dried up. That's life.

Is it your assertion that the countries they flee are NOT s-Hole countries? Why is sending them back to the S-Hole country considered to be a hardship for them?

Regarding his re-tweet of whatever it is he re-tweeted regarding Hillary, was there anything in his tweet that indicates he has an ax to grind on Anti-Semitism? Could be he just saw the message that said Hillary was a crook. She is.

Could be that the Star of David is so acceptable to him that he didn't even notice it.

Do you have a link to the full page ad you reference? Do you have a link to whatever it is that you're talking about regarding the Black kids from Trump? Links to actual quotes from Trump in either regard?

Trump was a Birther. So was Hillary's campaign. Has Trump remained a Birther AFTER the Birth Certificate was authenticated?

Your post is not supported by demonstrated facts.

Regarding the s-hole countries, the number of folks walking 2000 with no money in their pockets and no hope in their homeland seem to indicate that they share that opinion. I had to leave my hometown because the economy dried up. That's life.

Is it your assertion that the countries they flee are NOT s-Hole countries? Why is sending them back to the S-Hole country considered to be a hardship for them?

Regarding his re-tweet of whatever it is he re-tweeted regarding Hillary, was there anything in his tweet that indicates he has an ax to grind on Anti-Semitism? Could be he just saw the message that said Hillary was a crook. She is.

Could be that the Star of David is so acceptable to him that he didn't even notice it.

Do you have a link to the full page ad you reference? Do you have a link to whatever it is that you're talking about regarding the Black kids from Trump? Links to actual quotes from Trump in either regard?

Trump was a Birther. So was Hillary's campaign. Has Trump remained a Birther AFTER the Birth Certificate was authenticated?

Your post is not supported by demonstrated facts.

Nice to see you jump over the facts presented and then deny that they are facts.

How much more proof do you need that Trump is a racist?

One should wonder what happened in one day to cause Trump to say one thing and one day later say the opposite. But then Trump has been known to contradict himself on a daily basis for some time now.

Trump tells Post he is unwilling to say Obama was born in the U.S. SEPT 15, 2016

Trump finally admits it: 'President Barack Obama was born in the United States' SEPT 16, 2016

Some people think one reason Trump, beginning in 2010-2011, kept saying Obama was not born in the United States, was due to the fact that Trump didn't know Hawaii was an American state.

HOW DID MELANIA TRUMP SECURE ‘GENIUS VISA’ FOR ‘EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY’ WHILE DATING THE FUTURE PRESIDENT?

Seventeen years ago, Melania Knauss was granted legal residency in the United States through a green card with the elite EB-1 program—dubbed the “Einstein visa”—reserved for those who demonstrate that they have "an extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a multinational executive or manager."

At the time she was a Slovenian model who had appeared in European runway shows, the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition and a Camel cigarette Times Square billboard. She was also dating Donald Trump.

The year the future first lady obtained legal residency, 2001, only five people from her home country got green cards through the EB-1 program, according to State Department statistics reported by The Washington Post on Thursday. That year, a fraction of one percent, just 3,376 of more than one million green cards issued, were granted to immigrants with “extraordinary ability,” government data indicates.

Nice to see you jump over the facts presented and then deny that they are facts.

How much more proof do you need that Trump is a racist?

One should wonder what happened in one day to cause Trump to say one thing and one day later say the opposite. But then Trump has been known to contradict himself on a daily basis for some time now.

Trump tells Post he is unwilling to say Obama was born in the U.S. SEPT 15, 2016

Trump finally admits it: 'President Barack Obama was born in the United States' SEPT 16, 2016

Some people think one reason Trump, beginning in 2010-2011, kept saying Obama was not born in the United States, was due to the fact that Trump didn't know Hawaii was an American state.

Bias in your post highlighted. (?) . Obama said he had or would visit all 57 states. Which states had he already annexed in his mind?

A hit piece from Trump's enemies to prove something? Trump had the money to publish a knee jerk response to something. Now many people can do this via Twitter.

I don't have any doubt that Trump is impetuous. That's what the full page ad seems to portray. The recent MAGA Hat fiasco seems to reveal that half of the country like to make fools of themselves moving forward with half the story.

Regarding the ad and the emotions that were running high throughout the city, Trump seemed to reflect the passions of the moment present in most of the city AND the accused kids had filed confessions.

For Trump and the people of New York, the Police had arrested the murderers and the murderers had confessed. Impetuous. We've seen this time and again. Beer Summit?

To prove Trump never admitted Obama is legally eligible to be president you post articles saying he said Obama was legally eligible to be president? What am I missing?

Obama claimed that Trump was not qualified to be president because he said he could bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA.

Has Obama ever changed that statement in view of the obvious falsehood of the claim? Just wondering...

Regarding Melania immigration status, as an international model selling her services and images and employing a staff of agents and helpers, she was obviously an "multinational executive or manager". Seems to fit the requirements.

code1211: "To prove Trump never admitted Obama is legally eligible to be president you post articles saying he said Obama was legally eligible to be president? What am I missing? ONE article of two linked shows Trump saying Obama was not born in the United States. I can't help you with a failure to comprehend plain English statements.

code1211: "Obama claimed that Trump was not qualified to be president because he said he could bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA. " Provide a link to a site with Obama's words OR the claim is something you have dreamed of without support.

Do you not understand that the outcomes of his methods are more accurate than most?

I don't care why everyone doing it wrong like to stroke each other.

I look for accurate real world outcomes.

NBC presumably followed all of the rules you seem to like and they were about as inaccurate as the worst available.

Why do you prefer fantasy to accuracy?

By the accuracy of the outcomes are you thinking of the accuracy of Rasmussen's election eve forecasting in 2012 when it was the only national poll that said Romney would win? Or why Rasmussen has a C rating at fivethirtyeight.com, the site managed by Nate Silver who correctly predicted the election outcome in all 50 states, the only pollster who accomplished that.

Back
Top Bottom