• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: ‘Most of the people not getting paid’ in shutdown are Democrats

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
When the President cannot make rational arguments, will rational people be able to stay on principle and win the fight?

Have the Democrats finally realized that we desperately need Border Security and a Wall on the Southern Border. Need to stop Drugs, Human Trafficking,Gang Members & Criminals from coming into our Country. Do the Dems realize that most of the people not getting paid are Democrats?

Trump: ‘Most of the people not getting paid’ in shutdown are Democrats

Pretty ignorant statement by the President. I have learned to filter out certain remarks to see what is he really trying to express.

For me, I am disappointed with Congress and the President. This disappointment started many years ago before Trump. The lack of cooperation and able to put spending bills together is appalling. Like a bunch of children fighting over a ball.

We need immigration reform. We need to stop illegal immigration.

That is a really sad level of petty. This is just a ****show.

That statement is nothing short of bright, shining red meat for his base.

Just wait until the supporters show up here to defend this. :lol:

Why? Nothing they post surprises me. He could call their daughters "whores" and his Fan Base would thank him for his honesty.

Jim Jones supporters were much smarter and less defensive of Jones than Trump's supporters are. Look how well that worked out for them.

I just see government shutdowns as so much posturing and preening by one party or the other or by the President. In the current shutdown its the President. Shutdowns are usually short and don't last long but what good are they? Government workers who are essential are forced to work without pay. The Senate has already passed legislation to award back pay, the house is likely to follow suit. If damage is done to the economy or to Markets someone gets the blame. This is the only thing that incentivizes stopping the silliness. This President could have had all he wants in February when $25 Billion was at play. Now here we are in December with the Government shut down over $5 Billion. All to appease the neo Conservative wing of the Republican party. Trump flipped and he will probably flop sooner or later. Any damage done is on Trump and the Freedom Caucus.

Civil debate is not possible with ranting hate mongering Democrat lunatics.

The Democratic War on Truth never ends. This thread is Democrats hysterical ranting against the truth, which is that most federal employees vote Democratic. But sorry to interrupt. Please do continue your hate orgy contest.

Trump is an ass. No further evidence needed. But unfortunately he'll provide more evidence tomorrow..

Trump is a douchebag. So are the idiots that post their daily non stop hatred of him. Trump foolishly goes on his Twitter rants. The idiot morons on the left post their incessant bull**** non stop.

Now...that aside...the 'shutdown' is not all that complicated. The House passed a spending Bill. The GOP in the senate voted for the spending bill. The Democrats in the senate voted against the spending bill. Trump has NOTHING to do with the 'shutdown' because no legislation has made it to his desk.

Sorry folks...you cant fight facts. Democrats OWN this shutdown.

As for the 'border security...it IS rather comical watching the idiot leftists in congress that have VOTED FOR walls and fences and border security to now shriek that walls and fences are raaaaaaaacist and we dont need them. It is also moronic for them to continue to claim we dont NEED better border walls and fences and that there are BETTER means of border security, while we sit back and watch hundreds and even thousands daily walk into the country illegally. For all the bull**** about 'other means of border security', the reality is that there is a REASON why we ALREADY HAVE thousands of miles of fences and walls just as there is a REASON why democrats VOTED FOR those walls and fences.

And this is why he is not, "our" President. He's a political hack.

Trump is a douchebag. So are the idiots that post their daily non stop hatred of him. Trump foolishly goes on his Twitter rants. The idiot morons on the left post their incessant bull**** non stop.

Now...that aside...the 'shutdown' is not all that complicated. The House passed a spending Bill. The GOP in the senate voted for the spending bill. The Democrats in the senate voted against the spending bill. Trump has NOTHING to do with the 'shutdown' because no legislation has made it to his desk.

Sorry folks...you cant fight facts. Democrats OWN this shutdown.

As for the 'border security...it IS rather comical watching the idiot leftists in congress that have VOTED FOR walls and fences and border security to now shriek that walls and fences are raaaaaaaacist and we dont need them. It is also moronic for them to continue to claim we dont NEED better border walls and fences and that there are BETTER means of border security, while we sit back and watch hundreds and even thousands daily walk into the country illegally. For all the bull**** about 'other means of border security', the reality is that there is a REASON why we ALREADY HAVE thousands of miles of fences and walls just as there is a REASON why democrats VOTED FOR those walls and fences.
This is patently untrue, and you're hiding behind legalistic technicality. It is clear Trump wants his wall, or he will shut down the government. He publicly states as much. I'm at a loss as to how you can deny this.

However, if you insist on arguing legal technicality, then Jan 3 will change with the Dems sending the bills. Will you then publicly change your opinion, when the legal technicalities change, even though the fundamentals remain the same?

This is patently untrue, and you're hiding behind legalistic technicality. It is clear Trump wants his wall, or he will shut down the government. He publicly states as much. I'm at a loss as to how you can deny this.

However, if you insist on arguing legal technicality, then Jan 3 will change with the Dems sending the bills. Will you then publicly change your opinion, when the legal technicalities change, even though the fundamentals remain the same?
Please...by all means show how it is untrue.

Did the House pass a a Spending Bill? Did the Senate? Did Trump veto ANYTHING?

I saw a couple read this thread, but they didn't post anything. So we are at the point where they can't even defend this.

A lot of times it is a good idea to wait until the circle jerk of left wing hate burns itself out before jumping into one of these "I Hate Trump Threads."

There you go again arguing technicality, when it was Trump that met with the House Republicans to tell them they must include the wall - or he will veto.

So now I must ask you:

Who will be at fault, when the Dems start sending the bills in January?

(I noticed you side-stepped that part)

The only way any president can shut down the government is by vetoing legislation to fund it. So far, no legislation has reached his desk. This shutdown is on the senate dems since they are filibustering

Back
Top Bottom