• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s worst toadies hold degrees from Harvard and Yale. Did they learn anything?

JMB802

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
When you take into consideration all the conservative whining about the intellectual elite, it is interesting that many high-level Trump shippers are well educated. I suspect the Trump support is all about their bank accounts.

When you take into consideration all the conservative whining about the intellectual elite, it is interesting that many high-level Trump shippers are well educated. I suspect the Trump support is all about their bank accounts.

When I was younger and more naive, like many people in this country, I respected an Ivy League pedigree. I assumed that they were among the intellectual elite, and while I suppose that this could be true of many who walk through their hallowed halls, I'm increasingly of the opinion that Ivy League schools don't turn out tomorrow's 'leaders' as they claim. They instead just produce our next generation of socioeconomic and political elite. In the truest sense of the word educate, they don't necessarily do the job of leading their students out of darkness any better than many flagship universities across the country. Their graduates just end up being quite a bit richer and more powerful than the rest of us.

How much did they pay $$ for those degrees?

It indicates the size of their pocket book to me, not their intelligence.

You family buying you a degree doesn't make you educated.

Yes they learned to be like most aristocrats, well mannered criminals.

Yes they learned to be like most aristocrats, well mannered criminals.
True, although Trump's behavior seemed to give politicians an excuse to occasionally forget their cotillion lessons.

I have a family member who works with hotshot Ivy league grads at Bain Capital, he literally said that everyone he works with there has impeccable manners.

Back
Top Bottom