• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s Virtues

If you think trump is virtuous or loyal , I won't push the ignore button but you are to be ignored.
I don't think Trump is virtuous.

Trump shows loyalty to those who are loyal to him. It's part of what makes him such a good leader. That does not make him virtuous and that is before you even touch on his vices.

All this is beside the point. Trump was very good at a very difficult job. That does not make him virtuous nor do his vices make him a villain.

Trump shows loyalty to those who are loyal to him. It's part of what makes him such a good leader. That does not make him virtuous and that is before you even touch on his vices.

All this is beside the point. Trump was very good at a very difficult job. That does not make him virtuous nor do his vices make him a villain.
Trying to overthrow our government on Jan 6, constantly kissing Putin's ass, and lying about the deadliness of Covid is what makes Trump a villain. Idiot.

He’s good at theater. Being loyal to those that are loyal to you makes a terrible president of the United States, but a good partner in crime.

He’s good at theater. Being loyal to those that are loyal to you makes a terrible president of the United States, but a good partner in crime.
Even if Trump were a terrible President, this would make no sense.

Trump was not a terrible President, he was a very good one. So, your post is bizarre. The cult must be proud of you.

Except this isn't even true about Trump, despite what the lightweight Jay59 says.

Ask Michael Cohen. The guy did Trump's dirty work for over 10 years and Trump didn't even offer him a job at the White House. He gave jobs to his idiot family members instead.

Ask all of Trump's business associates that have sued Trump for unpaid services over the years how "loyal" Trump is.

Even if Trump were a terrible President, this would make no sense.

Trump was not a terrible President, he was a very good one. So, your post is bizarre. The cult must be proud of you.
One of the worst. And being loyal to people who show loyalty to you makes you president of 10% of the population.

The president of the most powerful democracy in the world needs to be the president of everyone in the country. That’s actually why it’s an incredibly hard job.

This was a really good read.

Funny how the left is no a results driven voter demographic.

Trump bad and Biden good is all they know. With no factual reasoning for their position other than they wouldn't want to have a beer with Trump.

Even though he was a excellent results driven POTUS

------------

We are still in need of the qualities of great leadership.​

Many leading Republicans and conservatives want someone other than Donald Trump to run for President in 2024. But this judgment requires an assessment of Trump’s vices and virtues in the context of our current political and cultural circumstances, as well as an assessment of other prospective Republican presidential candidates. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump, I have not yet seen anyone who possesses either his virtues or his backbone. I am not suggesting that everyone make way for Trump; rather that it is too early to throw him overboard.

I regularly ask Republican politicians what they think of Donald Trump. The most frequent response is some version of, “I like his policies but don’t like the rest of him.” But this formulation gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the “rest of him” that contains the virtues that inspired a movement.
Trump was born for the current American crisis: the life and death struggle against the totalitarian enemy I call “woke communism.” The “woke comms” have seized every political, cultural, and economic center of power in the country from where they ruthlessly push their agenda. That agenda rests on the conviction that America is thoroughly bad (systemically racist) and must be destroyed.
If there is one thing that patriotic Americans know about Trump it is that he, like them, is unequivocally pro-American and willing to fight to defend the American way of life. When Collin Kaepernick and his ilk knelt before the American flag, Trump called them “sons of bitches.” As always, he was being forceful, authentic, and unmistakably clear.

What is “woke communism”?

Any attempt to call attention to the fact there is a lot of latent racism still in this country and it’s institutions is called “woke”, and even programs to protect orphaned children are called communist.

Sorry no one takes the alarmism seriously. We are a country that is still interested in cleaning the residual stains of racism and protecting the basic human rights of its citizens. If the destruction of those things is what you are calling “destroying our country”- then you betcha were out to destroy that country. The founding ideals of America have always been better than that.

One of the worst.
Not if you live in the real world. Trump's long list of accomplishments proves otherwise.

He was better than Biden is and everyone can see it.

And being loyal to people who show loyalty to you makes you president of 10% of the population.
40%, but who is counting?

The president of the most powerful democracy in the world needs to be the president of everyone in the country. That’s actually why it’s an incredibly hard job.
It is an incredibly hard job and he had a huge number of ungrateful people like you to deal with, but he still did very well.

That's the bottom line. When his many personal foibles are only anecdotes and the hatred has faded to nostalgia, Trump's administration's accomplishments will still matter. History will be kinder than the present.

Trump is such a good leader because he is loyal to those who are loyal to him? That is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time. And you forgot to mention the flip side, that he viciously attacked anyone, anywhere who disagreed with him on anything. Those two things do NOT make him a great leader. They make him a narcissist, which he is.

And is also precisely why he was terrible at a difficult job. He catered to a minority of Americans who worshipped him and vilified anyone who didn't.
You Trumpers will no doubt go to your graves believing this guy was a good president. But for the remainder of the history of America, he will be noted for what he was: a terrible president. Amongst the absolute worst.

Trump is such a good leader because he is loyal to those who are loyal to him? That is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time.
Read more closely so that you get your quotes correct.

And you forgot to mention the flip side, that he viciously attacked anyone, anywhere who disagreed with him on anything. Those two things do NOT make him a great leader.
Of course not. You are are being sarcastic to no effect. Trump'leadership is manifested in the accomplishments of his suordinates which are many.

They make him a narcissist, which he is.
I do not dispute that he is a narcissist. That is hardly the most relevant part of his character.

And is also precisely why he was terrible at a difficult job.
He was very good at his job. The accomplishments of his administration prove it.

He catered to a minority of Americans who worshipped him and vilified anyone who didn't.
False. Your prejudice is showing.

\You Trumpers will no doubt go to your graves believing this guy was a good president.
It will also be true of those who look closely at the facts. It appears that you are not one of those.

But for the remainder of the history of America, he will be noted for what he was: a terrible president.
Except, not. He will not be noted as a terrible President because he was not a terrible President. I'll give you that he was obnoxious, odious, and otherwise irritating, but those are superficial. The substance is not found in the personality, but in the legacy, which is broad and rich.

Amongst the absolute worst.
Only among the most irritating. He accomplished too much to be among the worst.

Not if you live in the real world. Trump's long list of accomplishments proves otherwise.

He was better than Biden is and everyone can see it.

40%, but who is counting?

It is an incredibly hard job and he had a huge number of ungrateful people like you to deal with, but he still did very well.

That's the bottom line. When his many personal foibles are only anecdotes and the hatred has faded to nostalgia, Trump's administration's accomplishments will still matter. History will be kinder than the present.
Yeah, we established it was a hard job. Repeating it isn’t helpful in this discussion. How long does your broken record go on?

Read more closely so that you get your quotes correct.

Of course not. You are are being sarcastic to no effect. Trump'leadership is manifested in the accomplishments of his suordinates which are many.

I do not dispute that he is a narcissist. That is hardly the most relevant part of his character.

He was very good at his job. The accomplishments of his administration prove it.

False. Your prejudice is showing.

It will also be true of those who look closely at the facts. It appears that you are not one of those.

Except, not. He will not be noted as a terrible President because he was not a terrible President. I'll give you that he was obnoxious, odious, and otherwise irritating, but those are superficial. The substance is not found in the personality, but in the legacy, which is broad and rich.

Only among the most irritating. He accomplished too much to be among the worst.
Since the Vietnam war, has the country ever been as divided as it became since 2016? Do you think that's a coincidence? Great leaders try to unite. Trump did everything in his power to divide. And it worked.

And spare me the "too many accomplishments" garbage. You folks blindly give him credit for anything that happened on his watch, whether there was a cause and effect. And blindly ignore anything negative on his watch when there WAS a cause and effect.

But alas, I know it is pointless to discuss these things with folks who remain fans of Trump. Which of course is ironic given that you all claim it is the rest of America and the rest of the world who can't view him objectively.

Yeah, we established it was a hard job. Repeating it isn’t helpful in this discussion. How long does your broken record go on?
Then you missed the point which is that Trump did a good job.

Since the Vietnam war, has the country ever been as divided as it became since 2016?
That's not on Trump. That's on you and yours.

Do you think that's a coincidence?
Not even a little. Your divisiveness produced a reaction, of which Trump became the voice.

Great leaders try to unite.
Trump did. He pulled in disaffected people from all over the spectrum, including racial minorities.

Trump did everything in his power to divide.
You project. Trump drew attention to your elitism and condescension.

And it worked.
This, finally, is true. Trump exposed fake media as fake.

And spare me the "too many accomplishments" garbage.
I get it. You don't want to be bothered with facts.

You folks
Your prejudices are showing.

blindly give him credit for anything that happened on his watch,
Blindly my ass. Through close examination.

whether there was a cause and effect. And blindly ignore anything negative on his watch when there WAS a cause and effect.
Now we get into your blindness. You accuse without cause or justification. Often, you accuse with reason because nothing is wrong.

But alas, I know it is pointless to discuss these things with folks who remain fans of Trump.
It's pointless to try to get you to examine the facts. Your mind was made up beforehand.

Which of course is ironic given that you all claim it is the rest of America and the rest of the world who can't view him objectively.
False. I claim that you will not, not that you cannot. I can lead you to facts but I cannot make you think.

Then you missed the point which is that Trump did a good job.

That's not on Trump. That's on you and yours.

Not even a little. Your divisiveness produced a reaction, of which Trump became the voice.

Trump did. He pulled in disaffected people from all over the spectrum, including racial minorities.

You project. Trump drew attention to your elitism and condescension.

This, finally, is true. Trump exposed fake media as fake.

I get it. You don't want to be bothered with facts.

Your prejudices are showing.

Blindly my ass. Through close examination.

Now we get into your blindness. You accuse without cause or justification. Often, you accuse with reason because nothing is wrong.

It's pointless to try to get you to examine the facts. Your mind was made up beforehand.

False. I claim that you will not, not that you cannot. I can lead you to facts but I cannot make you think.
Heh, it’s not a rodeo. POTUS doesn’t get points for just staying on the bull. He actually has to accomplish lasting things. In fifty or a hundred years he’ll be on those little internet trivia things in top ten lists of useless and odd presidents. He might beat Fillmore. He might.

Heh, it’s not a rodeo. POTUS doesn’t get points for just staying on the bull. He actually has to accomplish lasting things.
Done, and a long list of them.

In fifty or a hundred years he’ll be on those little internet trivia things in top ten lists of useless and odd presidents.
Definitely not that. Obama Maybe. Biden Definitely. Both Bushes though GWB gets credit for holding things together after the 9/11 attack. Of the Presidents since Reagan, Clinton and Trump are the most impactful.

He might beat Fillmore. He might.
Biden is giving Filmore a run. What a dreadful start.

Done, and a long list of them.

Definitely not that. Obama Maybe. Biden Definitely. Both Bushes though GWB gets credit for holding things together after the 9/11 attack. Of the Presidents since Reagan, Clinton and Trump are the most impactful.

Biden is giving Filmore a run. What a dreadful start.
Biden is just a place holder for President Oprah Winfrey and her vice The Rock. And that, Trump will have made more possible.

Biden is a Republican anyway.

Your opinion is noted and summarily dismissed
Donald Trump treated the seven deadly sins as a To-Do list, so please tell me just how virtuous he was, comrade?

Donald Trump treated the seven deadly sins as a To-Do list, so please tell me just how virtuous he was, comrade?
We need his leadership now. Biden’s going to get us nuked.

The last few remaining Trump cultists.

This was a really good read.

Funny how the left is no a results driven voter demographic.

Trump bad and Biden good is all they know. With no factual reasoning for their position other than they wouldn't want to have a beer with Trump.

Even though he was a excellent results driven POTUS

------------

We are still in need of the qualities of great leadership.​

Many leading Republicans and conservatives want someone other than Donald Trump to run for President in 2024. But this judgment requires an assessment of Trump’s vices and virtues in the context of our current political and cultural circumstances, as well as an assessment of other prospective Republican presidential candidates. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump, I have not yet seen anyone who possesses either his virtues or his backbone. I am not suggesting that everyone make way for Trump; rather that it is too early to throw him overboard.

I regularly ask Republican politicians what they think of Donald Trump. The most frequent response is some version of, “I like his policies but don’t like the rest of him.” But this formulation gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the “rest of him” that contains the virtues that inspired a movement.
Trump was born for the current American crisis: the life and death struggle against the totalitarian enemy I call “woke communism.” The “woke comms” have seized every political, cultural, and economic center of power in the country from where they ruthlessly push their agenda. That agenda rests on the conviction that America is thoroughly bad (systemically racist) and must be destroyed.
If there is one thing that patriotic Americans know about Trump it is that he, like them, is unequivocally pro-American and willing to fight to defend the American way of life. When Collin Kaepernick and his ilk knelt before the American flag, Trump called them “sons of bitches.” As always, he was being forceful, authentic, and unmistakably clear.

It’s rare that one gets to see such a great example, almost a transcendent example of absolute horse shit. We are not worthy.

It’s the “rest of him” that insulted and demeaned women, blacks, immigrants (legal or not), shithole countries, the media (even FOX when it dared call a state election, who refused to accept the results of any election that displeased him, who created an unmatchable mountain of lies, and who continues his grift today.

We need his leadership now. Biden’s going to get us nuked.
Putin is only threatening with nukes because Biden stood up to him, unlike Trump who was his lackey. Putin knows that nukes will get him killed when other nations respond. You need to Google Mutually Assured Destruction.

Starting a nuclear war is a suicide mission.

Back
Top Bottom