• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s Virtues

From the OP linked article.
"He has no use for theories. He knows that slavish devotion to theory can lead to nonsensical beliefs;"

Almost spit out my coffee on that line. Really. One only has to look at what Trump has said and believes about covid and the 2020 election.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My takeaway after reading the OP linked article is some what a narcissist, ego driven leader. It was a typical spin piece.

Trump represents those who can not adapt to a changing world. He and his followers cling to this fantasy of what the United States was 30 years ago. They will all be dead in 20 years. It’s the last gasp of their ilk.
Trump represents those who were the majority of the white vote. And baby boomers are only 24% of the population so the above is a heap of whale dung. :)

Well, I don't disagree but Trump is too dumb to be president. Simple as that
I think intelligence is good, but not necessary for good leadership. But since there are plenty of intelligent alternatives, why choose the dumb guy? So yea.

This was a really good read. Funny how the left is no a results driven voter demographic. Trump bad and Biden good is all they know. With no factual reasoning for their position other than they wouldn't want to have a beer with Trump. Even though he was a excellent results driven POTUS
------------
We are still in need of the qualities of great leadership.
Many leading Republicans and conservatives want someone other than Donald Trump to run for President in 2024. But this judgment requires an assessment of Trump’s vices and virtues in the context of our current political and cultural circumstances, as well as an assessment of other prospective Republican presidential candidates. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump, I have not yet seen anyone who possesses either his virtues or his backbone. I am not suggesting that everyone make way for Trump; rather that it is too early to throw him overboard. I regularly ask Republican politicians what they think of Donald Trump. The most frequent response is some version of, “I like his policies but don’t like the rest of him.” But this formulation gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the “rest of him” that contains the virtues that inspired a movement. Trump was born for the current American crisis: the life and death struggle against the totalitarian enemy I call “woke communism.” The “woke comms” have seized every political, cultural, and economic center of power in the country from where they ruthlessly push their agenda. That agenda rests on the conviction that America is thoroughly bad (systemically racist) and must be destroyed. If there is one thing that patriotic Americans know about Trump it is that he, like them, is unequivocally pro-American and willing to fight to defend the American way of life. When Collin Kaepernick and his ilk knelt before the American flag, Trump called them “sons of bitches.” As always, he was being forceful, authentic, and unmistakably clear.
1646700723435.png

This was a really good read.

Funny how the left is no a results driven voter demographic.

Trump bad and Biden good is all they know. With no factual reasoning for their position other than they wouldn't want to have a beer with Trump.

Even though he was a excellent results driven POTUS

------------

We are still in need of the qualities of great leadership.​

Many leading Republicans and conservatives want someone other than Donald Trump to run for President in 2024. But this judgment requires an assessment of Trump’s vices and virtues in the context of our current political and cultural circumstances, as well as an assessment of other prospective Republican presidential candidates. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump, I have not yet seen anyone who possesses either his virtues or his backbone. I am not suggesting that everyone make way for Trump; rather that it is too early to throw him overboard.

I regularly ask Republican politicians what they think of Donald Trump. The most frequent response is some version of, “I like his policies but don’t like the rest of him.” But this formulation gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the “rest of him” that contains the virtues that inspired a movement.
Trump was born for the current American crisis: the life and death struggle against the totalitarian enemy I call “woke communism.” The “woke comms” have seized every political, cultural, and economic center of power in the country from where they ruthlessly push their agenda. That agenda rests on the conviction that America is thoroughly bad (systemically racist) and must be destroyed.
If there is one thing that patriotic Americans know about Trump it is that he, like them, is unequivocally pro-American and willing to fight to defend the American way of life. When Collin Kaepernick and his ilk knelt before the American flag, Trump called them “sons of bitches.” As always, he was being forceful, authentic, and unmistakably clear.

Trump lied about the deadliness of Covid and over 500,000 Americans died while he lied about it. That's the "results" that you are looking for???

You don't understand how insane you sound.

I feel like Trump is done. He's gotten boring, if not still appalling. And that's the kiss of death. Let's see if he can force the GOP to hand him the nomination.

I feel like Trump is done. He's gotten boring, if not still appalling. And that's the kiss of death. Let's see if he can force the GOP to hand him the nomination.

Even if Trump is "done", the rest of the Republican Party is now just as evil as he is.

Whichever Republican presidential candidate says the craziest, racist GQP Nazi shit in 2024 will be the Republican nominee.

Trump represents those who were the majority of the white vote. And baby boomers are only 24% of the population so the above is a heap of whale dung. :)
Quiet part loud.

Projecting again. You'll burn that thing out.

He's claiming that is what you did and are getting away with it. He has evidence but you are ignoring it.

Who to believe? He was a good President, yet your side put up mock impeachments, twice. He is known as the Promise Keeper. You covered for a serial felon.

I would say the weight is on Trump's side.

Fine. Everyone invited to his events says he's a superior host. He did an excellent job at the D-Day memorials and in Britain.

That's two.

Tsk. Tsk. You are dismissing the important part in favor of the superficial.

Yet, he was a good President and a benefit to the country.

That you. that's a high standard.

I must admit, I would not trust you that far.

That's all Americans. All humans, for that matter.

That seems to be what you are doing, though I would go with 50 years ago.

Hardly. Trump's crowd are wage earners with families.

Democrats, not so much. Hence

iu

I wonder who is the one on the extreme right.

Not this either. Before Trump there was Reagan. After Trump, we…
Like that scene in Python where they find the note in the cave…

It’s not the boomers, but their kids. The boomers were straight racists by majority. Their kids were less so some, and these are people in their fifties now. Of course the grandkids of the boomers are now adults, and are even less racist than their parents, so it fizzles as it goes. It’ll be over soon, but maybe not soon enough for the boomers to see it out.

Projecting again. You'll burn that thing out.

He's claiming that is what you did and are getting away with it. He has evidence but you are ignoring it.

Who to believe? He was a good President, yet your side put up mock impeachments, twice. He is known as the Promise Keeper. You covered for a serial felon.

I would say the weight is on Trump's side.

Fine. Everyone invited to his events says he's a superior host. He did an excellent job at the D-Day memorials and in Britain.

That's two.

Tsk. Tsk. You are dismissing the important part in favor of the superficial.

Yet, he was a good President and a benefit to the country.

That you. that's a high standard.

I must admit, I would not trust you that far.

That's all Americans. All humans, for that matter.

That seems to be what you are doing, though I would go with 50 years ago.

Hardly. Trump's crowd are wage earners with families.

Democrats, not so much. Hence

iu

I wonder who is the one on the extreme right.

Not this either. Before Trump there was Reagan. After Trump, we will see.
You've self-radicalized to the degree you are not reacting to most relevant facts.

The Who-Cares-If-You’re-Innocent Project

Republicans want to blame the rise in crime on liberal permissiveness, which includes, in their view, the right to counsel.

ADAM SERWER MARCH 7, 2022

1_1-1.png

Worst POTUS since Andrew Johnson,
51858061177_cd264d8aab_c.jpg

This was a really good read.

Funny how the left is no a results driven voter demographic.

Trump bad and Biden good is all they know. With no factual reasoning for their position other than they wouldn't want to have a beer with Trump.

Even though he was a excellent results driven POTUS

------------

We are still in need of the qualities of great leadership.​

Many leading Republicans and conservatives want someone other than Donald Trump to run for President in 2024. But this judgment requires an assessment of Trump’s vices and virtues in the context of our current political and cultural circumstances, as well as an assessment of other prospective Republican presidential candidates. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump, I have not yet seen anyone who possesses either his virtues or his backbone. I am not suggesting that everyone make way for Trump; rather that it is too early to throw him overboard.

I regularly ask Republican politicians what they think of Donald Trump. The most frequent response is some version of, “I like his policies but don’t like the rest of him.” But this formulation gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the “rest of him” that contains the virtues that inspired a movement.
Trump was born for the current American crisis: the life and death struggle against the totalitarian enemy I call “woke communism.” The “woke comms” have seized every political, cultural, and economic center of power in the country from where they ruthlessly push their agenda. That agenda rests on the conviction that America is thoroughly bad (systemically racist) and must be destroyed.
If there is one thing that patriotic Americans know about Trump it is that he, like them, is unequivocally pro-American and willing to fight to defend the American way of life. When Collin Kaepernick and his ilk knelt before the American flag, Trump called them “sons of bitches.” As always, he was being forceful, authentic, and unmistakably clear.

Thanks for the article. It is very, very rare that you can find someone build an argument FOR Trump. I appreciated the read.

That said, the writer basically confused Trump's bullheadness with leadership, though he rightfully noted that there really are no other Republican leaders. Given all of the Republicans that fail to speak out, but instead choose to cower in fear of Trump tweat, I would agree. Unfortunately, the writer creates this dystopian view of America that I do recognize, clearly favoring the fantasy of a clean autocracy to a rough and dirty democracy, that latter of which requires you embrace the right of a Colin Kapernick to dissent, even if you do not agree. He has no history of actually working with Trump, but only observes him from afar. The characterization he makes of him as being a man driven by facts stands in stark contrast to just about everything written about Trump by people that actually have worked for him, the paint him as a man that is compulsive and usually ill-prepared. I see the author is also a playwright, so perhaps he was also sold on Trump, the character he played on TV, just as far too many of his voters were.

So, while I enjoyed the read, because it was a reasonably intelligent attempt to show good qualities of Trump rather than just complain that he isn't treated fairly. I did not see this author as a buffoon, but I do he offered a simplistic view that was off the mark. This writer, IMHO, does really get America. This was not Trump's redemption by any means, unless your idea of America is one of a clean autocracy (which, as Putin shows us, does not exist).

Last edited:
You've self-radicalized to the degree you are not reacting to most relevant facts.
We will have to see what you consider relevant.

The Who-Cares-If-You’re-Innocent Project
With a title like that, i thought this would be about the two groundless impeachments, the Mueller investigation where the FBI aagent on scene had already decided there was no illegal activity or the prosecution of people DoJ knew to be innocent, since as George Papadopoulos or Gen Flynn. No such luck.

Republicans want to blame the rise in crime on liberal permissiveness, which includes, in their view, the right to counsel.
That's you. just sayin'.

ADAM SERWER MARCH 7, 2022

1_1-1.png
No clue why you think that this is relevant. Still, showing that Trump has made inroads into ethnic groups other than white is not a bad thing.

This is known to be a crock of :poop: We have nothing like enough time for historians to gain some perspective. All you have is academics whose personal opinion is that Trump is offensive.

Big deal. Trump is offensive but it has nothing to do with the results his administration achieved. History will ignore his personal habits and focus on what his administration accomplished, which is a lot.

Even if Trump is "done", the rest of the Republican Party is now just as evil as he is.

Whichever Republican presidential candidate says the craziest, racist GQP Nazi shit in 2024 will be the Republican nominee.

Whoever they nominate will enjoy the corrupt election mechanisms states put in place for a Trumo victory.

But who knows, what if the nominee is Hogan? Not a particularly effective governor, but a fairly decent bloke by comparison.

Unfortunately, the writer creates this dystopian view of America that I do recognize, clearly favoring the fantasy of a clean autocracy to a rough and dirty democracy, that latter of which requires you embrace the right of a Colin Kapernick to dissent, even if you do not agree.
That's what stood out to me. Autocracy is easy, especially when you agree with the autocrat. People are getting sick of working to get what they want from our government. Trump and friends have taken the first step in having elections as meaningful as Russia's. Trump was no Putin, not at all clever enough to get what he wanted, but he has an equal disregard for democracy.

That's what stood out to me. Autocracy is easy, especially when you agree with the autocrat. People are getting sick of working to get what they want from our government. Trump and friends have taken the first step in having elections as meaningful as Russia's. Trump was no Putin, not at all clever enough to get what he wanted, but he has an equal disregard for democracy.
Wants from the government?

Trump did a lot of damage to America

He released a pent up rage from the racist among us.

He united the white working class Americans against everything that makes America the greatest country on earth.

He turned the Republican party into a radical right wing party held for ransom by their misinformed, poorly educated racist base.

Trump was an unmitigated disaster.

But the Trump supporters are much worse and they will be here long after Trump is gone

Whoever they nominate will enjoy the corrupt election mechanisms states put in place for a Trumo victory.

But who knows, what if the nominee is Hogan? Not a particularly effective governor, but a fairly decent bloke by comparison.
That won't happen. A decent person can't win the Republican nomination for president.

We still have a relatively free press here. Russia has not had one EVER really and only approached some sort of press freedom occasionally and for short periods. Autocracy is definitely much easier without a free press. You can get split up into tribes more easily with a free press but there ya' go. Would you rather the sort of splits we have societally or most of the people lineup up behind a monster like Putin?

As I have stated in other threads nobody but nobody has better Human Intelligence assets than Russia does. I have to think they were roundly ignored with regard to Ukraine or now just have Putin Yes Men at the tops of those organizations as well. I can't believe that left to their own devices and listened to, they would have missed Ukraine this badly. The hallmarks of excellent Human Intelligence agencies is deceit, deception, corruption and thuggery in the form of intimidation. For the record, we in the US SUCK at Human Intelligence. If it were not for our Signals Intelligence we might not know anything and allies that are at least passable at Human Intelligence. UK probably has the second best Human Intelligence assets in the world. They are however way behind Russia in that regard.

At any rate, if you are as dependent on deceit, deception, corruption and outright thuggery and intimidation as they are domestically in Russia and internationally, a free press simply is not something you can tolerate. Look at Lavrov, old Russia hand now forced to stand there in the breeze with his pants down around his ankles just to keep a lid on the domestic Russian audience. How many places in the world is he going to be welcome now. He looks ridiculous now. When however Autocracy does fall apart, there is little to no societal elasticity. Once the populace gets going hard the other way against an autocrat, its like a giant python wrapped around his waist and squeezing. That is why Autocratic rule tends to end ugly when it does end.

That's two.

j brown's body said:
He has no social redeeming value. You can't name one.

That's all you got? His virtue is being a host? what? That doesn't count as a virtue and it shows that you don't know what a virtue is.
Name one virtue that trump exempifies. After you find out what we're talking about.

Look at these hardcore republicans still supporting a crook.

I bet even their families know what they're doing.

You're confusing "results driven" with the "ends justify the means" and Trump's willingness to ignore constitutional boundaries.

That's all you got? His virtue is being a host? what? That doesn't count as a virtue and it shows that you don't know what a virtue is.
Name one virtue that trump exempifies. After you find out what we're talking about.
You are answered. You asked for one example and I gave you two.

Back
Top Bottom