• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s Virtues

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
This was a really good read.

Funny how the left is no a results driven voter demographic.

Trump bad and Biden good is all they know. With no factual reasoning for their position other than they wouldn't want to have a beer with Trump.

Even though he was a excellent results driven POTUS

------------

We are still in need of the qualities of great leadership.​

Many leading Republicans and conservatives want someone other than Donald Trump to run for President in 2024. But this judgment requires an assessment of Trump’s vices and virtues in the context of our current political and cultural circumstances, as well as an assessment of other prospective Republican presidential candidates. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump, I have not yet seen anyone who possesses either his virtues or his backbone. I am not suggesting that everyone make way for Trump; rather that it is too early to throw him overboard.

I regularly ask Republican politicians what they think of Donald Trump. The most frequent response is some version of, “I like his policies but don’t like the rest of him.” But this formulation gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the “rest of him” that contains the virtues that inspired a movement.
Trump was born for the current American crisis: the life and death struggle against the totalitarian enemy I call “woke communism.” The “woke comms” have seized every political, cultural, and economic center of power in the country from where they ruthlessly push their agenda. That agenda rests on the conviction that America is thoroughly bad (systemically racist) and must be destroyed.
If there is one thing that patriotic Americans know about Trump it is that he, like them, is unequivocally pro-American and willing to fight to defend the American way of life. When Collin Kaepernick and his ilk knelt before the American flag, Trump called them “sons of bitches.” As always, he was being forceful, authentic, and unmistakably clear.

Trump bad and Biden good is all they know. With no factual reasoning for their position other than they wouldn't want to have a beer with Trump.

------------

Many leading Republicans and conservatives want someone other than Donald Trump to run for President in 2024. But this judgment requires an assessment of Trump’s vices and virtues in the context of our current political and cultural circumstances, as well as an assessment of other prospective Republican presidential candidates. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump, I have not yet seen anyone who possesses either his virtues or his backbone. I am not suggesting that everyone make way for Trump; rather that it is too early to throw him overboard.

I regularly ask Republican politicians what they think of Donald Trump. The most frequent response is some version of, “I like his policies but don’t like the rest of him.” But this formulation gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the “rest of him” that contains the virtues that inspired a movement.
Trump was born for the current American crisis: the life and death struggle against the totalitarian enemy I call “woke communism.” The “woke comms” have seized every political, cultural, and economic center of power in the country from where they ruthlessly push their agenda. That agenda rests on the conviction that America is thoroughly bad (systemically racist) and must be destroyed.
If there is one thing that patriotic Americans know about Trump it is that he, like them, is unequivocally pro-American and willing to fight to defend the American way of life. When Collin Kaepernick and his ilk knelt before the American flag, Trump called them “sons of bitches.” As always, he was being forceful, authentic, and unmistakably clear.

Trump is unequivocally pro-trump. America can go shit in its hat as far as Donald is concerned. If he cared about America he would not have tried to burn it's institutions to the ground so that he could become the first American Autocrat, something some oblivious, fat, sloppy, pampered Americans would have just loved. Go figure.

In case you have not notices, we are currently dealing with the damage Trump left us IN SPADES.

If there is one thing that patriotic Americans know about Trump it is that he, like them, is unequivocally pro-American and willing to fight to defend the American way of life. When Collin Kaepernick and his ilk knelt before the American flag, Trump called them “sons of bitches.”

Peaceful protest is the American way of life, comrade. Pretending Trump's attacks on the American way of life were a defense of it is about as dumb as pretending his entire MAGA campaign and 'American carnage' inauguration speech weren't entirely rooted in a "conviction that America is thoroughly bad."

This article appears to essentially support a tyrant.

Trump has no social redeeming value, and I challenge anyone to name one and support it.

I said it in 2016 and I'll say it again. ANY poster here, I don't care who you are, would be a more suitable president than Donald Trump.

------------

This part is true:

"Trump also understands that what Americans of all races and creeds desire are stable communities, and the opportunity to raise their families in a culture that values industriousness, self-reliance, patriotism, and freedom."

Most simply want honest pay for honest work to support their families and live in peace.....this is worldwide and is the basis of all societies. It's the swamp creatures who use politics to enrich themselves, their families, who love power over others that want to destroy this most basic need of the majority of peoples across the globe, imo.

Trump is unequivocally pro-trump.
That's true.

America can go shit in its hat as far as Donald is concerned.
That's not.

If he cared about America he would not have tried to burn it's institutions to the ground so that he could become the first American Autocrat,
He didn't. Your prejudices are showing.

something some oblivious, fat, sloppy, pampered Americans would have just loved.
He is loved.

go figure.
It's not hard. He's one guy who stands up to the big bully and protects the bully's usual targets.

You support the bully, so you have a hard time seeing that aspect.

In case you have not notices, we are currently dealing with the damage Trump left us IN SPADES.
What a bizarre statement. We have benefitted from his good management, though a year of indecision and neglect has dissipated the good work.

Peaceful protest is the American way of life, comrade.
Freudian slip?

Pretending Trump's attacks on the American way of life were a defense of it is about as dumb as pretending his entire MAGA campaign and 'American carnage' inauguration speech weren't entirely rooted in a "conviction that America is thoroughly bad."
Projecting again.

Your reading skills are substandard.

Trump has no social redeeming value, and I challenge anyone to name one and support it.
He was a good President. His administration was a benefit to the country. Just to name one, he backed a bipartisan law, FIRST STEP.

I said it in 2016 and I'll say it again. ANY poster here, I don't care who you are, would be a more suitable president than Donald Trump.
Joe Biden wasn't, isn't.

That's true.

That's not.

He is loved.

It's not hard. He's one guy who stands up to the big bully and protects the bully's usual targets.

What a bizarre statement. We have benefitted from his good management, though a year of indecision and neglect has dissipated the good work.

Freudian slip?

Projecting again.

He was a good President. His administration was a benefit to the country. Just to name one, he backed a bipartisan law, FIRST STEP.

Joe Biden wasn't, isn't.

Trying to overturn the peaceable, legal transfer of power or firing foreign service members who won't help him extort a foreign country for election isn't burning our democratic institutions to the ground?

Your opinion is noted and summarily dismissed

That's true.

That's not.

He is loved.

Freudian slip?

Projecting again.

Joe Biden wasn't, isn't.

He has no social redeeming value. You can't name one. He is a very sick human being who can't be redeemed by occasionally doing things that are politivcally acceptable.

Ever look at the 7 Deadly sins? He personifies all of them.

I would trust YOU over him as president, in a heartbeat.

When Donald lies and his worshippers support and repeat Trump lies as truth doesn't that
make them liars also?

Your opinion is noted and summarily dismissed

I would trust YOU over Trump to be president. Don't sell yourself short. :)

------------

What else is new? You always choose extreme right resources for your OP's and to finish is off, it is an opinion piece!

How can anything you ever say be believed?

Do I have to remind everyone once again of this simple fact:

Trumpfailures.jpg

He did no better while President.

------------

Trump represents those who can not adapt to a changing world. He and his followers cling to this fantasy of what the United States was 30 years ago. They will all be dead in 20 years. It’s the last gasp of their ilk.

Your anti-Americanism is showing.
Projecting again. You'll burn that thing out.

Trying to overturn the peaceable, legal transfer of power or firing foreign service members who won't help him extort a foreign country for election isn't burning our democratic institutions to the ground?
He's claiming that is what you did and are getting away with it. He has evidence but you are ignoring it.

Who to believe? He was a good President, yet your side put up mock impeachments, twice. He is known as the Promise Keeper. You covered for a serial felon.

I would say the weight is on Trump's side.

He has no social redeeming value. You can't name one.
Fine. Everyone invited to his events says he's a superior host. He did an excellent job at the D-Day memorials and in Britain.

That's two.

He is a very sick human being who can't be redeemed by occasionally doing things that are politivcally acceptable.
Tsk. Tsk. You are dismissing the important part in favor of the superficial.

Ever look at the 7 Deadly sins? He personifies all of them.
Yet, he was a good President and a benefit to the country.

I would trust YOU over him as president, in a heartbeat.
That you. that's a high standard.

I must admit, I would not trust you that far.

Trump represents those who can not adapt to a changing world.
That's all Americans. All humans, for that matter.

He and his followers cling to this fantasy of what the United States was 30 years ago.
That seems to be what you are doing, though I would go with 50 years ago.

They will all be dead in 20 years.
Hardly. Trump's crowd are wage earners with families.

Democrats, not so much. Hence

iu

I wonder who is the one on the extreme right.

It’s the last gasp of their ilk.
Not this either. Before Trump there was Reagan. After Trump, we will see.

Projecting again. You'll burn that thing out.

He's claiming that is what you did and are getting away with it. He has evidence but you are ignoring it.

Who to believe? He was a good President, yet your side put up mock impeachments, twice. He is known as the Promise Keeper. You covered for a serial felon.

I would say the weight is on Trump's side.

Fine. Everyone invited to his events says he's a superior host. He did an excellent job at the D-Day memorials and in Britain.

That's two.

Tsk. Tsk. You are dismissing the important part in favor of the superficial.

That you. that's a high standard.

I must admit, I would not trust you that far.

Hardly. Trump's crowd are wage earners with families.

Democrats, not so much. Hence

iu

I wonder who is the one on the extreme right.

Not this either. Before Trump there was Reagan. After Trump, we will see.

Still can't name a single social redeeming quality, can you?

I tell you, it can't be done.

A thread supposedly about Trump's virtues? Is this a joke thread?
He's charismatic.
He's a great con artist.
He knows how to avoid legal liability for himself.

OK, that's about it. His list of vices would reach character limit though.

Because its not evidence. Can the Right ever learn anything about US Government, US Justice and & Court system...anything at all.
He was a lousy President, dead set on keeping power no matter what it took, criminal or corrupt to do it.
Trump stank. His big "benefits":
- a corp tax break that was far too steep, steeper than even Corporations wanted robbing the treasury of $600B that we got absolutely nothing for, Down the rathole. An amount of money that Senators clutched their rosary beads about endless in recent Bill negotiations
- sadistic border policy that did nothing to really resolve immigration issues, legal or illegal including the embarrassing Trump Wall of Swiss cheese. Putin's criminal war in Ukraine may hopefully get the world to forget the sadistic Trump/Miller/Sessions border policies
- gutting of American Institutions and a continuation of and accelerated pace of our embarrassment in the world from Bush 43 though Obama

The Right is trying to go back over 150 years....ah the glory years of slavery. Just your speed.
Hardly. Trump's crowd are wage earners with families
They are fat, spoiled, ignorant brats with too much time and too money on their hands. The crowd attacking the Capital on 1/6 are good examples. Too much time on their hands, too much money and not a single idea of what this country is about. Bunch-o-middle aged reprobates.

------------

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: 'Trump' and 'virtues' are oxymorons.

------------

I think the GOP has ample good leaders. Trump has the advantage of a cult of personality following him that would not even bother voting if not for Trump. I don't think that is because of good leadership but simply an image he has developed over decades.

I would much prefer a Ted Cruz or Rand Paul.

Had trump pivoted (as he claimed he would). After being elected to acting more presidential, respectful, yet still forceful, he likely would have won a second term. It is his abrasive personality coupled with covid that took him down.

------------

200w.gif

------------

You are right, I wouldn't want to have a beer with him. I don't respect men that pay hush money to cover affairs to keep their wives and the American people from finding out because he wants to be president. I don't respect men that lie to me when caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I also don't respect men that are habitual liars about anything to support his position. I don't respect men that would support a cause like the "big lie" because they can't be adult enough to accept when they lose. I don't respect men that would withhold aid from a country until they provide dirt on his political opponent. I don't respect men that would engage trying to prevent the peaceful transition of power because he's having a temper tantrum for being booted out as a one term loser. I don't respect men that participate in race baiting to further divide our people for his own benefit. I don't respect men that had a chance to give us healthcare reform but let a petty argument with a dying ex-military senator be more important to him that the people he works for.

This is not about Biden good Trump bad, it's Biden is a good man, Trump is evil and I don't have a beer with evil people.

This thread is proof that right wing comedy does exist, albeit not intentional most times.

(And yes, we are laughing at you, not with you)

I think the GOP has ample good leaders. Trump has the advantage of a cult of personality following him that would not even bother voting if not for Trump. I don't think that is because of good leadership but simply an image he has developed over decades.

I would much prefer a Ted Cruz or Rand Paul.

Had trump pivoted (as he claimed he would). After being elected to acting more presidential, respectful, yet still forceful, he likely would have won a second term. It is his abrasive personality coupled with covid that took him down.
Well, I don't disagree but Trump is too dumb to be president. Simple as that

Nothing from the OP nor what sources he finds is factual in the slightest, nothing but uselessness.

Back
Top Bottom