• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s Threat on Pledge Could Cost Him South Carolina Delegates

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Donald Trump's Threat on Pledge Could Cost Him Delegates
Trump’s Threat on Pledge Could Cost Him South Carolina Delegates

“………….The loyalty pledge is nothing new in South Carolina, where it has been required for decades, but took on new focus in light of Trump’s public musings about a third-party run or withdrawing his support from the eventual nominee if he is stopped at a contested convention…..

………..When asked about if he still would pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee during a town hall Tuesday with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Trump said “No. I don’t anymore,” adding that he has been “treated very unfairly.”
“Donald Trump’s announcement that he no longer stands by a pledge to support the GOP has thrown his hold on South Carolina’s 50 delegates in doubt,” Time reports……………..

……….“The Palmetto State was one of several that required candidates to pledge their loyalty to the party’s eventual nominee in order to secure a slot on the primary ballot. Though Trump won all of the state’s delegates in the Feb. 20 primary, anti-Trump forces are plotting to contest their binding to Trump because of his threat on the pledge Tuesday.”………….”

More trouble for Trump and the delegates he thinks he has………….

as the newbie “Politian” blunders along the Donald is so the work of the establishment elists and in the end will remain the buffoon he always was/is/continue to be .................

Given the bad week he's had the D.C. establishment elites are resting a bit nor comfortable knowing Trump will have very hard time reaching 1237.............and if Trump does poorly in Wisconsin as the polls suggest.....................Any chance of Trump entering the convention with 1237 next to impossible..............

WAVE BYE-BYE DONALD

Given that both Cruz and Kasich are also both wavering on this most solemn and sacred of Holy Pledges - if applied fairly and equally - would they not ALL lose their delegates?

Can't really blame Trump for this. He really is being treated a bit unfairly. I'd imagine that in most cases if a POTUS runner doesn't get the delegates required the establishment would pick whoever has the most delegates regardless if they reach that magic number or not because it represents someone that is favored among the populace, and the elites LOVE pandering to the populous during election season. In this case though the elites are appearing to be scared and/or pissed off of/at Trump so are threatening to pick someone else regardless if Trump has the majority of delegates or not. If I was in Trumps shoes I'd be rethinking that pledge myself.

To be honest I think the "pledge" is a bunch of balony anyways. The only reason for it is to create less people running for POTUS in order to give the current establishment more voting power.

I wouldn't vote for Trump if you put a gun to my head. And I seldom defend him. But in this case? I got to agree with him. The GOP has flat out said 'F' you' Mr. Trump. So I really can't blame Trump for saying it back to the GOP.

IMO anyone in his postilion would say screw you to the GOP, but especially the very Thin skinned Donald Trump. He doesn't take criticism and insults well. I'm kind of surprised it's taken him this long to tell the GOP's 'pledge' to get lost.

Back
Top Bottom