• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s Reply to the Written Questions Question

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump held a “spray”, (if that’s the correct term) Thursday or Friday; when he was asked about the questions the Mueller probe submitted, in writing, Trump got very defensive, imo, and was very clear that he had supplied the answers and his lawyers had little input, if any. Again in the Wallace interview, he took the same tack. I stood out to me, anyone else pick anything up?

You mean, other than Trump is a complete ass?

Trump got very defensive, imo, and was very clear that he had supplied the answers and his lawyers had little input, if any.

That simply is not possible.

The legal jeopardy one can put oneself in answering questions of the police at all, let alone without a lawyer, let alone a special counsel with a small army of investigators that have god knows what, without having a ****zillion lawyers pour over the answers is absolutely absurd, the thought alone boggles the mind.

Who does he thinks believes him on this specific point and why does he feel he needs to say this in the first place?

Who is such a false statement even for?

The legal jeopardy one can put oneself in answering questions of the police at all, let alone without a lawyer, let alone a special counsel with a small army of investigators that have god knows what, without having a ****zillion lawyers pour over the answers is absolutely absurd, the thought alone boggles the mind.

Who does he thinks believes him on this specific point and why does he feel he needs to say this in the first place?

Those who worry what Kanye and Kim are up to?

his base
aka 'the deplorables'

He also only answered the questions that he chose to.

By refusing to respond is that the same as taking the fifth?

“No puppet! No puppet! You’re the puppet! You’re the puppet!”

Well look.

He has a million different false statements and sweet, sweet lies he tells his cartoon cavalcade of idiotic supporters, I get that.

But I can't see any purpose or reason even to his base, for him to tell this obvious falsehood, as much as Trump supporters are ready to believe anything, like, literally anything, even if they believe this, what, even in the mind of a Trump supporters would it gain him?

It's baffling.

Each answer should have begun with "to the best of my recollection" adding "I'm unsure if I recalled the date, time, which person or persons it was and exactly who said what and when correctly as I am focused on Presidential duties of real world and life-death matters rather than retaliatory ambitions of the Special Counsel that I refused to give a special refund to at my Golf Club and refused to rehire him as Director of the FBI and his radical leftwing Democratic staff furious at Hilary Clinton losing and trying to divert from crimes committed by Hilary Clinton and number Democratic Officials and Democratic Administration staff. I also excluded any information that in my official opinion is a matter I that I do not wish to divulge or should not divulge in the best interests of the country nor may any inference be drawn by not identifying excluded information."

Each answer should have begun with "to the best of my recollection" adding "I'm unsure if I recalled the date, time, which person or persons it was and exactly who said what and when correctly as I am focused on Presidential duties of real world and life-death matters rather than retaliatory ambitions of the Special Counsel that I refused to give a special refund to at my Golf Club and refused to rehire him as Director of the FBI and his radical leftwing Democratic staff furious at Hilary Clinton losing and trying to divert from crimes committed by Hilary Clinton and number Democratic Officials and Democratic Administration staff. I also excluded any information that in my official opinion is a matter I that I do not wish to divulge or should not divulge in the best interests of the country nor may any inference be drawn by not identifying excluded information."

Actually each answer should begin ... "anybody who believes I actually wrote this self serving crap and it was not carefully crafted by a team of attorneys is a bigger fool than I am...."

He also only answered the questions that he chose to.

By refusing to respond is that the same as taking the fifth?
No, one must invoke the fifth to specific questions if one wants to answer some questions, but not others.

Trump held a “spray”, (if that’s the correct term) Thursday or Friday; when he was asked about the questions the Mueller probe submitted, in writing, Trump got very defensive, imo, and was very clear that he had supplied the answers and his lawyers had little input, if any. Again in the Wallace interview, he took the same tack. I stood out to me, anyone else pick anything up?
His lawyers would never, ever let him draft the answers to those questions, under any circumstances. Trump is such a pathological liar it would be suicide to allow him to answer federal investigators on his own.

If he really was insistent on answering the questions himself, his lawyers would drop him like hot coal.

Well look.

He has a million different false statements and sweet, sweet lies he tells his cartoon cavalcade of idiotic supporters, I get that.

But I can't see any purpose or reason even to his base, for him to tell this obvious falsehood, as much as Trump supporters are ready to believe anything, like, literally anything, even if they believe this, what, even in the mind of a Trump supporters would it gain him?

It's baffling.

I think in Trump's mind he is the most intelligent competent fantastic person ever born. He claims to know more than his generals, he knows more than scientists, he has the most successful businesses, the hottest wives, etc. etc. It is inconceivable that he would ever admit to having help with anything. He's SICK. It is a waste of time to try to assign rational reasons to the dumb ass things he says.

Interesting that Presidential duties of real world life-death matters are served by hours of TV viewing and phone calls with old friends, tweet storms and temper tantrums. But yeah, he should write you said.

No, one must invoke the fifth to specific questions if one wants to answer some questions, but not others.

It is not necessary to invoke anything to not answer any question from an investigator.

It is not necessary to invoke anything to not answer any question from an investigator.
Depends on if the interview is in person or not.

If he doesn't answer a question, Mueller can simply keep requesting an answer, until Trump invokes the fifth.

But it's unlikely that will have to happen. There likely was an agreement by the WH that in order for Trump to be able to write his answers, one of the conditions would be that non answers will go on record as an invocation of Trump's fifth amendment right.

That's how Starr did it anyways.

I don't think there'd be more than a handful of people anywhere who actually believe that Donald wrote the answers himself, or that any answers he may have written, were sent in verbatim. And I think there are even less of his supporters who care.

You people are so self-defeating it amazes me. Have you not realized yet that the entire reason Trump is so popular...the entire reason he beat the entire Republican pack AND your queen...is that he IS NOT one of you. He IS NOT a politician. He IS NOT a purveyor of the status quo.

Trump supporters don't so much love Trump, as much as they HATE YOU! And the more you all ride his ass...the more you all call them 'deplorable' or 'idiots'...the more they HATE YOU. You hate Trump and his supporters, and they hate you with an equal or even higher intensity. And while his policies continue to work for them, nothing you do will stop him from a second term.

Gee...I'm sure glad you 'lefties' are so 'intellectual'...:roll:

I don't think there'd be more than a handful of people anywhere who actually believe that Donald wrote the answers himself, or that any answers he may have written, were sent in verbatim. And I think there are even less of his supporters who care.

You people are so self-defeating it amazes me. Have you not realized yet that the entire reason Trump is so popular...the entire reason he beat the entire Republican pack AND your queen...is that he IS NOT one of you. He IS NOT a politician. He IS NOT a purveyor of the status quo.

Trump supporters don't so much love Trump, as much as they HATE YOU! And the more you all ride his ass...the more you all call them 'deplorable' or 'idiots'...the more they HATE YOU. You hate Trump and his supporters, and they hate you with an equal or even higher intensity. And while his policies continue to work for them, nothing you do will stop him from a second term.

Gee...I'm sure glad you 'lefties' are so 'intellectual'...:roll:

Guess what!! Trump supporters hate "us" regardless of what we say or do. His policies do **** for them and their hate keeps them from realizing that. But I do think you overestimate the strength of the supporters. He's toast.

Guess what!! Trump supporters hate "us" regardless of what we say or do. His policies do **** for them and their hate keeps them from realizing that. But I do think you overestimate the strength of the supporters. He's toast.

Guess what!!
Those mid-terms you guys just had? The Republicans did quite a bit better than in normal mid-terms, and way better than Obama did.
You're destined to lose to Trump again in 2020, because all the Dumbocrats can't see past their blind fury enough to realize that if you continue along this vain, you'll be playing right into his hands. For instance, Trump just announced that he wants to pursue infrastructure spending. This is something you guys have been on about for how long now? Yet not a single Dumbocrat could swallow his or her hatred of Trump enough to show up for the announcement. Not One!

Your arrogance is gonna hurt ya.

It's too bad that Mueller didn't subpoena his lying ass.

Guess what!!
Those mid-terms you guys just had? The Republicans did quite a bit better than in normal mid-terms, and way better than Obama did.
You're destined to lose to Trump again in 2020, because all the Dumbocrats can't see past their blind fury enough to realize that if you continue along this vain, you'll be playing right into his hands. For instance, Trump just announced that he wants to pursue infrastructure spending. This is something you guys have been on about for how long now? Yet not a single Dumbocrat could swallow his or her hatred of Trump enough to show up for the announcement. Not One!

Your arrogance is gonna hurt ya.

I have seen no record of an announcement about infrastructure since last spring. If I missed one, please provide a link. Thanks.

Trump "announced" he wanted to pursue infrastructure spending during his campaign in 2016. Since then nada, except his wall.

Back
Top Bottom