• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump’s Loose NATO Talk Already Has Endangered Us

It's not moral to have $20T in debt yet claim we can afford aid to others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We can afford aid to others though. The debt is never getting paid--- that's the entire point. The American public would go ballistic if anyone took the hard steps that would be necessary to do so.

We can afford aid to others though. The debt is never getting paid--- that's the entire point. The American public would go ballistic if anyone took the hard steps that would be necessary to do so.

That doesn't mean we can afford it. $20T in debt clearly proves we can't afford it. That is what debt means. You can't afford it. I can go get a $25K credit card right now. Doesn't mean I can afford to max it out.

That doesn't mean we can afford it. $20T in debt clearly proves we can't afford it. That is what debt means. You can't afford it. I can go get a $25K credit card right now. Doesn't mean I can afford to max it out.

We clearly can afford it. After all, the one thing you hear from Washington is spend, spend, spend. Donald Trump wants to build a giant ****ing wall.

That makes no sense. Even with the Trump example he clearly said he would make Mexico pay for it. Regardless just because Trump wants to continue spending into more debt doesn't mean we can afford it.

That makes no sense. Even with the Trump example he clearly said he would make Mexico pay for it. Regardless just because Trump wants to continue spending into more debt doesn't mean we can afford it.

How exactly would Donald Trump do that? We're sticking the real world, not Trump la-la land anyway.

We're the best off country in the world. It would be hypocritical in the extreme to suddenly claim that now we're worried about paying off the debt.

It's not going to happen.

Not to mention that the economy would take a nosedive.

How exactly would Donald Trump do that? We're sticking the real world, not Trump la-la land anyway.

We're the best off country in the world. It would be hypocritical in the extreme to suddenly claim that now we're worried about paying off the debt.

It's not going to happen.

No one claimed that now we are worried about paying off the debt. Many people have been worried about it for a long time.

We are paying for being the best off by mortgaging future generations who are not even born yet.

It will happen. It's inevitable. That or a real economic collapse.

All I am saying is.......if we continue printing money?

The only reason we can is because their is such a demand for dollars. That's changing. And the more debt we rack up, the more it will change.

No one claimed that now we are worried about paying off the debt. Many people have been worried about it for a long time.

We are paying for being the best off by mortgaging future generations who are not even born yet.

It will happen. It's inevitable. That or a real economic collapse.

So we should collapse into not being the best so we can maybe pay it off?

So we should collapse into not being the best so we can maybe pay it off?

I don't think it would result in us collapsing into not being the best we can. In fact not selling out future generations would most certainly be better. Economically and morally.

I don't think it would result in us collapsing into not being the best we can. In fact not selling out future generations would most certainly be better. Economically and morally.

We'd be selling out said future generations by going off a "**** you, got mine" philosophy
M

We'd be selling out said future generations by going off a "**** you, got mine" philosophy
M

That's exactly what we have now. That's what happens when you vote in your own best interest as Democrats say. And it's exactly what the debt represents. People got their now, and future generations will have to pay for it.

All I am saying is.......if we continue printing money?

If we print too much money, then it will lose value through inflation. Inflation is OK as long as it doesn't get too high.

The hyper inflation predicted as a result of deficit spending hasn't materialized, at least not so far.

To pay the debt, we'd have to both cut spending and raise taxes. What do you think would be the result of that?

Because NATO is a important alliance system which helps protect against the aggression of states such as Russia. Might makes right is supposed to have gone out of date a long time ago, yet it hasn't, and NATO is a good way to deter people from trying ****.

The UN is important for the obvious reason--- it's good for countries to be able to meet and express grievances diplomatically.

How could you be against each member paying "their fair share"?

Isn't that what is supposed to happen?

How could you be against each member paying "their fair share"?

Isn't that what is supposed to happen?

Who decides what the "fair share" is?

And not only that, but deciding to bail would only help Russia.

Back
Top Bottom