• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s Lie of the Day, or the Hour, or....

Obviously trump’s supporters accept his constant lying and do their best to obsfucate his lies whenever they become the topic of discussion. But his total lack of veracity is not normal even his supporters know this. They don’t argue that he lies to an unprecedented level, the only tactic they have recourse to is to move the discussion to someone else’s lies or something different entirely.

Trumps constant lying is NOT acceptable, NOT normal and NOT what we should expect or accept from our President of These United States.

You have jumped off the sanity train.

Why not talk about reality instead of your masturbatory fantasies?

Still not answering the question and giving a retort that is a debasement.

You could have said, "no, I would not support Trump if that happened" and let it be. No, you have to debase the asker. Typical Trump maneuver. You are a true Trump supporter, having learned to be like him.

Still not answering the question and giving a retort that is a debasement.

You could have said, "no, I would not support Trump if that happened" and let it be. No, you have to debase the asker. Typical Trump maneuver. You are a true Trump supporter, having learned to be like him.

Why do Trump's opponents, like you, continuously ignore reality and substitute fantasy?

If he did this and then something else could have happened and it could have evolved into something that only exists in your mind, then what would I think?

I would think that you are living in a fantasy world.

How about this: What if Trump was elected and the economy got a whole bunch better. Would that be a good thing?

What if the press was continuously trying to frame every event as a negative against Trump. Would that be a bad thing?

What if there was a whole group of people living the easiest life available to anyone in the history of the planet complaining constantly that they have a raw deal. Would that be a bad thing?

The lot of the private citizen in America is better across the board since Trump's election. The press coverage is 90% negative. Idiots think the life they live is getting worse.

What's wrong with this picture?

Why do you, continuously ignore reality and substitute fantasy?

Code, I am going to try once more to debate with you. Hopefully, you will be able to see some of the points I am going to make, which are not fantasy. In fact, I think it is you that is living in fantasy. Nonetheless, in this reply I am going to give you some "facts" to see how you cope with reality.

Lets begin:

Trump does get credit for having been elected. It can be said he was helped by Putin and that he did not win the popular vote but for this debate, let's just say it was all him. After all, he did tap into something that was bothering a lot of Americans and credit has to be given to him for having seen that and taken advantage of it.

Nonetheless, the Tax cut was not his idea nor did he do anything to make it happen. A tax cut had been on the Republican agenda for many years before Trump came on board and it was the fact that the Republicans had both the House and the Senate that caused the Tax cut to go through. Can we agree on this fact?

Secondly, the economy was already getting better, at least compared to when Obama took office and we were facing a recession or a depression. Can we agree on that? The economy got better because of the Tax cut given that companies were able to bring money back to the United States without having to pay what they would have paid before and have the money work better for them since taxes were lower. Again, this was not something that Trump brought to the table but the Republican party brought to the table. Can we agree on that?

Less regulations was also something that helped not only bring money back to the U.S. but also to stimulate more investment as the companies were not facing regulations that could stymie their profits. The deregulations that were brought to Trump to sign were not any that Trump himself had thought of. They were deregulations that were bothering companies since they were put on to protect the people against greed and corruption after the recession/depression occurred. These too, were on the Republican agenda before Trump came into the picture. Already Trump has admitted that he does not like to read anything so in essence he was relying on the people around him (all Republicans) that were telling him which regulations to deregulate. It was not a Trump thing but a Republican thing. Can we agree on this?

Having now proven that it was the Republican Party that brought about these changes, the only thing that Trump can be given credit for is having won the election.

You said, what if the press was continuously trying to frame every event as a negative against Trump. I will certainly give you some credit for this statement as the press is mostly against Trump but the reality is that the press, like all companies, is in the business of being economically successful and given that the Republicans and Trump deregulated many things for companies to be more successful, why is it wrong to deregulate the press so they can be more successful? Thinking otherwise is hypocritical. Bad news sells a lot more than good news. Then again, the reality is that Trump gives more Fake News than the press does and changes the news to favor him, so if the President does it, why can't the press do it. After all, this is a free country and if Trump is allowed to lie, that means everyone else is allowed to lie too.

As far as a group of people (and I gather you mean the Democrats) were living the easiest life available were complaining constantly that they were getting a raw deal. Well, let me ask you something, if you were getting something that perhaps you had not earned but were accustomed to it and someone tried to take it away from you, wouldn't you complain? After all, human nature is to be selfish and no one wants something to be taken away that you are enjoying. Then again, there is another side and that is the fact that in taking something away from people that don't deserve it, you would also take it away from people that do, meaning that you are going against what you and Trump preach all the time and that is "Innocent until proven guilty". So first prove the injustice and then take it away from the guilty but don't do wholesale changes without proof.

Last but not least, you say that a lot of private citizens are better across the board since Trump's election. You need to prove the across the board thing because the only thing I see is that some people (mostly the rich) are economically better but there are a lot of things that are worse because of Trump.

What you should be asking is whether the "quality of life" is better under Trump and the answer is "no". Economics are just one of the things that are part of quality of life. The others he does not supply, meaning that we are worse off under Trump based on Quality Of Life than not.

Qualityoflife1.jpg

Now you tell me, if you are being honest, have I made my point?

Code, I am going to try once more to debate with you. Hopefully, you will be able to see some of the points I am going to make, which are not fantasy. In fact, I think it is you that is living in fantasy. Nonetheless, in this reply I am going to give you some "facts" to see how you cope with reality.

Lets begin:

Trump does get credit for having been elected. It can be said he was helped by Putin and that he did not win the popular vote but for this debate, let's just say it was all him. After all, he did tap into something that was bothering a lot of Americans and credit has to be given to him for having seen that and taken advantage of it.

Nonetheless, the Tax cut was not his idea nor did he do anything to make it happen. A tax cut had been on the Republican agenda for many years before Trump came on board and it was the fact that the Republicans had both the House and the Senate that caused the Tax cut to go through. Can we agree on this fact?

View attachment 67244829

Now you tell me, if you are being honest, have I made my point?

(Edited for length. sorry...)

I'm not altogether sure what you point might be. If your point is that the vast improvements manifested during the Trump Administration are not attributable to Trump, then, no, you have not.

You don't like Trump. I get it. Your dislike for Trump is proof of nothing in the real world except your dislike of Trump.

You say Trump got elected and THAT was the only thing he did. THAT is delusional.

Without Trump, there is no tax cut and no boom and no huge increase in wealth. The ONLY difference on the day AFTER the Election was that Trump was elected.

Under Trump and after the announcement that there would be a tax cut, every employment metric has improved. More Americans of all demographics are working than at any point in the history of the globe. Period.

More manufacturing jobs are being added than at any point in a decade.

Trillions of dollars of personal wealth have been added for real live people of all varieties who are wise enough to have actually invested ANY money in anything.

Reducing regulation and taxes to provide incentives to the job creators were repeated promises during the campaign to help the regular guys in the country and the folks who hoped to improve their situation. That is all Trump. The Republicans have been there for years and have not done what Trump has exhorted they do. They made the empty promise because the sounded good. Talk without action is politics.

By the by, regulations are not passed by Congress. They are created and applied to carry out the legislated laws by the Executive Branch. Reducing the pages of the Federal Register by 30% to 40% is all Trump.

In your little triangle, what can any government do to help you achieve any of these things except for the safety tier? What is the input of any Executive on this except to enforce the laws? If an Executive decides to try to help on any of these outside of the legally prescribed means available, he is breaking the law and infringing on personal freedoms.

What a Chief Executive CAN do is accelerate the economy by the most effective means at hand and THAT is what Trump has done. What other Chief Executives have done is try to make everyone FEEL real good in spite of the problems that are not corrected.

I have posted here before that the DJIA rate of increase rose by 10 times comparing the two years before election day to the years following. 700 points vs 7000 points.

Anyone who is looking for a job, looking for a better job, has a job, is supported by a person with a job or is retired has been helped by Trump's policies. Who's left?

Trump has had a hugely positive impact on the betterment of the lives of Americans domestically, the advancement of tranquility and legality and justice internationally and the laying of the groundwork to enforce the fair application of trade concepts internationally.

If that doesn't make you feel good, that is an interesting departure by you from reality, but that is your choice. Anyone can enjoy whatever fantasy they chose to.

This is still another personal liberty that has been completely unaffected by Trump. Just like every other personal liberty.

(Edited for length. sorry...)

I'm not altogether sure what you point might be. If your point is that the vast improvements manifested during the Trump Administration are not attributable to Trump, then, no, you have not.

You don't like Trump. I get it. Your dislike for Trump is proof of nothing in the real world except your dislike of Trump.

You say Trump got elected and THAT was the only thing he did. THAT is delusional.

Without Trump, there is no tax cut and no boom and no huge increase in wealth. The ONLY difference on the day AFTER the Election was that Trump was elected.

Under Trump and after the announcement that there would be a tax cut, every employment metric has improved. More Americans of all demographics are working than at any point in the history of the globe. Period.

More manufacturing jobs are being added than at any point in a decade.

Trillions of dollars of personal wealth have been added for real live people of all varieties who are wise enough to have actually invested ANY money in anything.

Reducing regulation and taxes to provide incentives to the job creators were repeated promises during the campaign to help the regular guys in the country and the folks who hoped to improve their situation. That is all Trump. The Republicans have been there for years and have not done what Trump has exhorted they do. They made the empty promise because the sounded good. Talk without action is politics.

By the by, regulations are not passed by Congress. They are created and applied to carry out the legislated laws by the Executive Branch. Reducing the pages of the Federal Register by 30% to 40% is all Trump.

In your little triangle, what can any government do to help you achieve any of these things except for the safety tier? What is the input of any Executive on this except to enforce the laws? If an Executive decides to try to help on any of these outside of the legally prescribed means available, he is breaking the law and infringing on personal freedoms.

What a Chief Executive CAN do is accelerate the economy by the most effective means at hand and THAT is what Trump has done. What other Chief Executives have done is try to make everyone FEEL real good in spite of the problems that are not corrected.

I have posted here before that the DJIA rate of increase rose by 10 times comparing the two years before election day to the years following. 700 points vs 7000 points.

Anyone who is looking for a job, looking for a better job, has a job, is supported by a person with a job or is retired has been helped by Trump's policies. Who's left?

Trump has had a hugely positive impact on the betterment of the lives of Americans domestically, the advancement of tranquility and legality and justice internationally and the laying of the groundwork to enforce the fair application of trade concepts internationally.

If that doesn't make you feel good, that is an interesting departure by you from reality, but that is your choice. Anyone can enjoy whatever fantasy they chose to.

This is still another personal liberty that has been completely unaffected by Trump. Just like every other personal liberty.

You just proved that you are not living in reality and close your eyes to truth. With such a person, a debate is impossible, meaning I am not planning to answer any more of your comments.

You just proved that you are not living in reality and close your eyes to truth. With such a person, a debate is impossible, meaning I am not planning to answer any more of your comments.

You are just making it up as you go along.

The story is accurate. Yours is one of the countless slurs of the day made against The Times.

The NYT is just a corporate PR outlet endlessly advocating for their global super rich corporate owners. It isn't news. It's corporate propaganda and Trump's opposition to their foreign labor sweatshops and tariffs threatens their draining the USA even more than they already do - meaning trillions of dollars to the global super rich is at stake. For that reason they will print anything and everything true or false to destroy Trump. Yet regardless of what you think of Trump, the NYT is just corporate PR advertising and propaganda, nothing else.

You are just making it up as you go along.

I actually wish I was making this up given that I consider it to be the worst thing that could happen to this country and I truly do not want that to happen. Nonetheless, I would literally have to be 100% wrong in my evaluation of Trump and that just isn't possible with my knowledge of people, my 73 years of experience and my ability to evaluate people's intentions, desires, personality and objectives.

As such, I have to say that you are the one that it making it up as you go along.

One thing I have noticed about you and many of the other Trump supporters on Debate Politics is that you never seem to agree or admit to the negatives that Trump clearly shows. It is like if you believe he is a God, a Messiah. I on the other hand, have often acknowledged the positives that Trump has brought about, This does suggest that I am looking at reality and you are looking at fantasy.

Keep in mind that Trump is no God and no Messiah. As a person he does have negatives that are clearly evident and if you were to evaluate/analyze the good with the bad, we could actually have a conversation that would bring some positives.

As long as you keep on thinking that I am making this stuff up, no conversation is possible, no solutions can be found, and the only thing that comes out is disdain for the other person.

I can and certainly will say that in the long run you will be found wrong and will not only suffer the consequences of it but even more so when you find that Trump has taken advantage of you and used you and that you allowed him to do it.

Nonetheless, that is not a discussion that is worth even having, given that it is your life and whatever happens to you is of little concern to me.

Confronted with actual facts you stop responding.

Present actual facts to support your beliefs and you'll find better success.

Simply saying that Trump is not responsible for all of the improvements that Trump has engineered is a little infantile.

Saying that he's done plenty of good things but has a propensity for saying the wrong thing in the wrong way at the wrong time is pretty accurate.

Maybe you should trot that one out.

Simply ranting on with hate inspired denial is understandable. It's what the uniformed have done for centuries.

Confronted with actual facts you stop responding.

Present actual facts to support your beliefs and you'll find better success.

Simply saying that Trump is not responsible for all of the improvements that Trump has engineered is a little infantile.

Saying that he's done plenty of good things but has a propensity for saying the wrong thing in the wrong way at the wrong time is pretty accurate.

Maybe you should trot that one out.

Simply ranting on with hate inspired denial is understandable. It's what the uniformed have done for centuries.

You have offered no facts and I have and is the reason why debating with you is ridiculous.

You have offered no facts and I have and is the reason why debating with you is ridiculous.

Did you miss the little things regarding the improvements in the economy?

Did you miss the little things regarding the improvements in the economy?

No, I did not miss them, in fact I addressed them and showed them to be what they are, which is positives only on an economic basis. Yet, you did not address my post where I showed you that money is only one of 5 things that are needed for a high quality of life and the other 4 are missing under Trump. If you have 1/5th of what you want, it cannot be called a success because you are missing 80% of what is important.

Then again, to people like you, money is everything and the other things are unimportant and the reason why debating with you is impossible. We must both agree that there is more to life than money and until you do, we have nothing to talk about. I have given you that point (money) already, meaning that I am being realistic. You, on the other hand, have not given anything.

No, I did not miss them, in fact I addressed them and showed them to be what they are, which is positives only on an economic basis. Yet, you did not address my post where I showed you that money is only one of 5 things that are needed for a high quality of life and the other 4 are missing under Trump. If you have 1/5th of what you want, it cannot be called a success because you are missing 80% of what is important.

Then again, to people like you, money is everything and the other things are unimportant and the reason why debating with you is impossible. We must both agree that there is more to life than money and until you do, we have nothing to talk about. I have given you that point (money) already, meaning that I am being realistic. You, on the other hand, have not given anything.

What is it that a President or anyone who is not me can do to inject the 4 other things into my life?

My point is that the ONLY thing a person outside of me can do for me is to allow me the freedom to work and earn.

If that person is you, I will thank you to not try to injure me. If that person is Trump, I will thank him to set the stage for economic opportunity.

You have both done what I need. Thank you!

What is it that a President or anyone who is not me can do to inject the 4 other things into my life?

My point is that the ONLY thing a person outside of me can do for me is to allow me the freedom to work and earn.

If that person is you, I will thank you to not try to injure me. If that person is Trump, I will thank him to set the stage for economic opportunity.

You have both done what I need. Thank you!

Everyone has their own values but then again you cannot say that others should have your values either. I give a chart of what the consensus in the world thinks about what a standard of living includes. What this means is that you should put in all of your posts that this is "your opinion" and yours alone. So far, your posts have stated that you believe Trump is good for the U.S. but the reality is that the only thing you can say is that Trump is good for you. You cannot talk for the U.S., only for yourself.

This also means that you should not be debating on this message board other than to say "this is what I want for me". Opinions on what Trump is for others is not something you should even comment on as you are not thinking of the American people, you are thinking about yourself only.

Everyone has their own values but then again you cannot say that others should have your values either. I give a chart of what the consensus in the world thinks about what a standard of living includes. What this means is that you should put in all of your posts that this is "your opinion" and yours alone. So far, your posts have stated that you believe Trump is good for the U.S. but the reality is that the only thing you can say is that Trump is good for you. You cannot talk for the U.S., only for yourself.

This also means that you should not be debating on this message board other than to say "this is what I want for me". Opinions on what Trump is for others is not something you should even comment on as you are not thinking of the American people, you are thinking about yourself only.

You failed to answer my question.

Would you care to try again?

You failed to answer my question.

Would you care to try again?

I did answer your question.

No one should inject anything into your life that you do not want, except the rules of the nation for living in that nation. Then again, do you not want others to respect you and you respect them? Do you not want the government to work against things like illnesses and maladies that affect human beings? Do you not want to be able to love or be loved by who you want? Is all you want is the ability to earn money in the way you want to earn it?

I did answer your question.

No one should inject anything into your life that you do not want, except the rules of the nation for living in that nation. Then again, do you not want others to respect you and you respect them? Do you not want the government to work against things like illnesses and maladies that affect human beings? Do you not want to be able to love or be loved by who you want? Is all you want is the ability to earn money in the way you want to earn it?

More questions and never an answer.

What has Trump done to diminish any of the mushy philosophical points you seem to muse about with little direction?

What can ANY president do to enhance the mushy philosophical points you seem to muse about with little direction?

You hate Trump. I get it. What is that you think he should be doing that he is not doing?

What is the real world basis of your dissatisfaction?

More questions and never an answer.

What has Trump done to diminish any of the mushy philosophical points you seem to muse about with little direction?

What can ANY president do to enhance the mushy philosophical points you seem to muse about with little direction?

You hate Trump. I get it. What is that you think he should be doing that he is not doing?

What is the real world basis of your dissatisfaction?

What can Trump do to enhance the mushy philosophical points?

He can be a moral, ethical, principled and humane person. Life and government is not about just money and a job, it is about happiness, quality of life, peace and harmony, dependency that others that have control of our life do a good job. Be someone that is going to defend those qualities of life and not trash them as Trump has done. Trump values nothing other than money and his personal ego.

What can ANY president do to enhance the mushy philosophical points?

He can do all of the above and also represent the values that the United States has instilled in the world over the past 240 years. The U.S. was seen as a role model and is now seen as a pitiful sample of a nation.

The fact that you need this to be pointed out to you says a whole lot about you as a person. You and Trump belong together. Why don't you apply for a job with him. You are the perfect kind of person for HIS administration. He would hire you in a second without any thought about your qualifications to do the job.

What can Trump do to enhance the mushy philosophical points?

He can be a moral, ethical, principled and humane person. Life and government is not about just money and a job, it is about happiness, quality of life, peace and harmony, dependency that others that have control of our life do a good job. Be someone that is going to defend those qualities of life and not trash them as Trump has done. Trump values nothing other than money and his personal ego.

What can ANY president do to enhance the mushy philosophical points?

He can do all of the above and also represent the values that the United States has instilled in the world over the past 240 years. The U.S. was seen as a role model and is now seen as a pitiful sample of a nation.

The fact that you need this to be pointed out to you says a whole lot about you as a person. You and Trump belong together. Why don't you apply for a job with him. You are the perfect kind of person for HIS administration. He would hire you in a second without any thought about your qualifications to do the job.

Again, nothing from you but mush.

YOU are the one that posted the triangle of 5 levels. I assert that the only thing a President can do to help an individual attain any of the 5 levels is provide a safe and prosperous environment in which to live, work and achieve.

It is up to the individual what is done after that.

In a comedy show once, a character observed that money cannot buy happiness. The person to whom he spoke observed that poverty couldn't buy happiness either.

America as an entity has done a whole bunch of good and bad in this world and within this country. Presumably, both are still being done.

If it had not become the world's largest economy during the 19th Century, those amounts of good and bad could both have been diminished.

During the 30's, the economy sucked. Able bodied men were unemployed and lacking hope. With no jobs to be had, optimism was at a premium.

When there are more jobs than job seekers, optimism is plentiful.

You hate Trump. I get it. However, with Trump, optimism among individuals of all demographics, business owners and managers are at all time highs.

Kinda makes ya wonder why you hate the guy... Kinda makes ya wonder why the causes of the optimism are not being shouted from the roof tops by our media.

Again, nothing from you but mush.

Kinda makes ya wonder why you hate the guy... Kinda makes ya wonder why the causes of the optimism are not being shouted from the roof tops by our media.

This answer has been given to you repeatedly and you just don't get it.

Quality of life is the answer.

Quality of life is not all based on money and a job, though I grant you that poverty does not offer quality of life either. Nonetheless, it is but one of the determinants. There are 4 others that you seem to be pooh-poohing all the time.

Money and a job is important, but let me ask you a question "How much money and how good of a job do you need to be happy"? Is there a line anywhere where it stops being all that important? Is it $1 million, or perhaps $1 billion. How much is needed for someone to be able to be happy economically?

and then what? Would you be happy if you had $1 billion but you lived alone? was surrounded by hate by those that don't have it? was ill and money could not buy health? could not depend on laws defending you from others taking it from you? you had it in investments of real estate but were worried it would all collapse? had money but could not travel anywhere because you were hated as an American or lived where riots were happening everywhere? lived in constant fear of being killed? were Black and everyone was biased against you?

Like I said, quality of life is important and money and a job is just one of 5 things on the list.

Trump represents money and a job but he is the antithesis of everything else. Even then, money and a job could be temporary under Trump since he is totally incompetent and many of the reasons there is more money and more jobs are things that are likely to cause us to lose both in the near future, such as the debt that keeps growing by leaps and bound and also that the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer under Trump.

Once again, if you have to ask why the causes of the optimism are not being shouted from the roof tops by our media, it does suggest that you are of the same ilk as Trump.

Last edited:
This answer has been given to you repeatedly and you just don't get it.

Quality of life is the answer.

Quality of life is not all based on money and a job, though I grant you that poverty does not offer quality of life either. Nonetheless, it is but one of the determinants. There are 4 others that you seem to be pooh-poohing all the time.

Money and a job is important, but let me ask you a question "How much money and how good of a job do you need to be happy"? Is there a line anywhere where it stops being all that important? Is it $1 million, or perhaps $1 billion. How much is needed for someone to be able to be happy economically?

and then what? Would you be happy if you had $1 billion but you lived alone? was surrounded by hate by those that don't have it? was ill and money could not buy health? could not depend on laws defending you from others taking it from you? you had it in investments of real estate but were worried it would all collapse? had money but could not travel anywhere because you were hated as an American or lived where riots were happening everywhere? lived in constant fear of being killed? were Black and everyone was biased against you?

Like I said, quality of life is important and money and a job is just one of 5 things on the list.

Trump represents money and a job but he is the antithesis of everything else. Even then, money and a job could be temporary under Trump since he is totally incompetent and many of the reasons there is more money and more jobs are things that are likely to cause us to lose both in the near future, such as the debt that keeps growing by leaps and bound and also that the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer under Trump.

Once again, if you have to ask why the causes of the optimism are not being shouted from the roof tops by our media, it does suggest that you are of the same ilk as Trump.

Why did you edit my post? Length didn't seem to be extreme. Don't you just hate it when a poster edits your post for no other reason than to change the meaning and then presents it as if it has not been edited?

Despite that, responding to your post:

I heard a person quote a proverb from somewhere that I cannot seem to find, but it is very wise. It goes something like this:

When the table is empty, there is one problem. When the table is full, there are many problems.

The function of any government can be reduced to only one metric: Are the people hungry?

In the US, the people are generally pretty obese. As a people, we are very rich and very protected from the foreign threat. Within our little cocoon, we hustle and bustle around and complain about stuff that the rest of world wishes they had the obscene wealth to allow them to complain about it. Starving folks fleeing the death camps in Africa don't really care if they have the proper mix of run off chemicals in their rivers.

You talk about how much is enough. "Enough" is whatever you want it to be. If money is your metric than go for it. Amass whatever makes you happy. Same with service or thought or education or performance or diet or entertainment or religion or debate boards.

In the US you can do whatever you want to do. The only limit is that someone needs to pay for it.

You seem to be completely lost on what you are asking of the US government.

Regarding the people of the US, the US government exists, was constructed, to do one thing: Keep the government from stopping you from achieving what makes you happy.

The government of the USA exists to keep the government of the USA from restricting you. You have somehow determined that the Government exists to fulfill you. The Constitution is a document that describes limits of government.

Why do you think the government is the source of your fulfillment? On what do you base this delusion? To what part of the Constitution do you point for support?

The only thing the government is supposed to do provide an environment in which you may pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. What you do with that freedom is up to you.

You seem to think it is the job of government to deliver those things to you. It is not. That is your thing.

If you are not happy, or fulfilled in spirit or thought, don't blame Trump. Look in a mirror.

Last edited:
Why did you edit my post? Length didn't seem to be extreme. Don't you just hate it when a poster edits your post for no other reason than to change the meaning and then presents it as if it has not been edited?

Despite that, responding to your post:

I heard a person quote a proverb from somewhere that I cannot seem to find, but it is very wise. It goes something like this:

When the table is empty, there is one problem. When the table is full, there are many problems.

The function of any government can be reduced to only one metric: Are the people hungry?

In the US, the people are generally pretty obese. As a people, we are very rich and very protected from the foreign threat. Within our little cocoon, we hustle and bustle around and complain about stuff that the rest of world wishes they had the obscene wealth to allow them to complain about it. Starving folks fleeing the death camps in Africa don't really care if they have the proper mix of run off chemicals in their rivers.

You talk about how much is enough. "Enough" is whatever you want it to be. If money is your metric than go for it. Amass whatever makes you happy. Same with service or thought or education or performance or diet or entertainment or religion or debate boards.

In the US you can do whatever you want to do. The only limit is that someone needs to pay for it.

You seem to be completely lost on what you are asking of the US government.

Regarding the people of the US, the US government exists, was constructed, to do one thing: Keep the government from stopping you from achieving what makes you happy.

The government of the USA exists to keep the government of the USA from restricting you. You have somehow determined that the Government exists to fulfill you. The Constitution is a document that describes limits of government.

Why do you think the government is the source of your fulfillment? On what do you base this delusion? To what part of the Constitution do you point for support?

The only thing the government is supposed to do provide an environment in which you may pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. What you do with that freedom is up to you.

You seem to think it is the job of government to deliver those things to you. It is not. That is your thing.

If you are not happy, or fulfilled in spirit or thought, don't blame Trump. Look in a mirror.

I was thinking of rebuking your post one by one but it really is not worth the effort.

There is one thing I do want to answer though and it is these two statements you made:

I suggest you relocate to Russia, there is less hunger there than here, meaning that by your metric you would be happier there than here.

So you believe money is the American God and that someone that has it can do anything they want, even step on or kill others to obtain it.

I do not want to have any further conversations with you. I cannot deal with the lunatic fringe who does not put any value on honor, respect, morality, ethics and humanity.

I can certainly see why you love Trump. He is everything you aspire to be.

I was thinking of rebuking your post one by one but it really is not worth the effort.

There is one thing I do want to answer though and it is these two statements you made:

I suggest you relocate to Russia, there is less hunger there than here, meaning that by your metric you would be happier there than here.

So you believe money is the American God and that someone that has it can do anything they want, even step on or kill others to obtain it.

I do not want to have any further conversations with you. I cannot deal with the lunatic fringe who does not put any value on honor, respect, morality, ethics and humanity.

I can certainly see why you love Trump. He is everything you aspire to be.

You have STILL not answered my only question to you:

What can any government do to provide the other 4 levels of your posted pyramid?

Trump proposes to stand aside and let me pursue happiness. THAT is what I ask of my government. What do you ask of yours?

Back
Top Bottom