• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s crushed economy

The budget went into effect October 1, 2008. Bush was gone a little over three months later. Obama took over and started signing checks - the rest is history.

LOL, you have a future writing fair tales and fantasies, Vern. This (il)logic is laughable.
okay, this is good. You acknowledge that Bush's last budget started before President Obama took over. That literally puts you into the top 10% of conservatives. you did seem to mumble something about " fair tales and fantasies". yea, I know expecting a conservative (even one in the top 10%) to back up their claims is laughable but I just dont understand how that reflects poorly on me. Can you explain that? you know what, you can skip the explanation. Just focus on backing up your claim. Now for the bad news.
Oh, by the way, Vern - your CBO “proof” was produced in January of 2009 - just as Obama was taking over. Thanks for supporting MY point. :ROFLMAO:

I'm gonna have to kick you out of the top 10%. I've clearly stated every time I've posted it to you that the CBO revised Bush's last budget BEFORE PRESIDENT OBAMA TOOK OVER. Yea, I get the feeling your need to cling to your narratives instead of the facts is affecting your ability to process simple facts. Before President Obama took over, the CBO revised bush's last budget. they do this every year. And they realized BEFORE PRESIDENT OBAMA TOOK OVER that Bush's destruction of the economy was going decrease revenue and increase spending. Thats what happens during recessions. It happens more so in the worst recession since the depression. this has been explained to you before BE. You really need to put America ahead of your obedience to conservatism.

okay, this is good. You acknowledge that Bush's last budget started before President Obama took over. That literally puts you into the top 10% of conservatives.
I’ve been saying that all along Vern. Problem is actual revenues and spending rarely match the budget - which is a fairly static document. Spending throughout the year is actually a dynamic process between the President and Congress. I’d bet that Obama’s $800 billion stems wasn’t in Bush’s budget (which is actually a document produced by Congress, which the President signs).

Vern said:
you did seem to mumble something about " fair tales and fantasies". yea, I know expecting a conservative (even one in the top 10%) to back up their claims is laughable but I just dont understand how that reflects poorly on me. Can you explain that? you know what, you can skip the explanation. Just focus on backing up your claim. Now for the bad news.

I'm gonna have to kick you out of the top 10%. I've clearly stated every time I've posted it to you that the CBO revised Bush's last budget BEFORE PRESIDENT OBAMA TOOK OVER. Yea, I get the feeling your need to cling to your narratives instead of the facts is affecting your ability to process simple facts. Before President Obama took over, the CBO revised bush's last budget. they do this every year. And they realized BEFORE PRESIDENT OBAMA TOOK OVER that Bush's destruction of the economy was going decrease revenue and increase spending. Thats what happens during recessions. It happens more so in the worst recession since the depression. this has been explained to you before BE. You really need to put America ahead of your obedience to conservatism.
You raised one factual point among your usual jabberwocky and partisan nonsense, Vern. well done. Oh, and the CBO doesn’t “revise” budgets, Vern. they MAKE PROJECTIONS on future occurences and tabular past performance. As I said above the document you presented above was a PROJECTION of what THEY THOUGHT spending and revenues were going to be over the next ten years.

I’ve been saying that all along Vern. Problem is actual revenues and spending rarely match the budget - which is a fairly static document. Spending throughout the year is actually a dynamic process between the President and Congress. I’d bet that Obama’s $800 billion stems wasn’t in Bush’s budget (which is actually a document produced by Congress, which the President signs).

okay, this is officially babble. you're simply looking for words and phrases to not hold bush accountable for the massive trillion dollar deficits he left behind. And the 150 billion of President Obama's stimulus that was spent in FY2009 was in the budget. Bush's budget estimates were revised based on the Bush's destruction of the economy BEFORE PRESIDENT OBAMA TOOK OVER. spending was revised up 450 billion and revenues revised down 450 billion in Jan 2009. those revisions did not include the stimulus. Actuals came in with revenue declining 700 billion and spending went up 400 billion. Those included the small part of the stimulus spent in FY2009. If you want to "subtract" 150 billion from Bush's 1.4 trillion dollar budget deficit, feel free. I choose not to because it was necessary to prevent the Great Bush Depression because of Bush's policies.

You raised one factual point among your usual jabberwocky and partisan nonsense, Vern. well done. Oh, and the CBO doesn’t “revise” budgets, Vern. they MAKE PROJECTIONS on future occurences and tabular past performance. As I said above the document you presented above was a PROJECTION of what THEY THOUGHT spending and revenues were going to be over the next ten years.
Yes BE, I wrote "revised budget" instead of "revised budget estimates". Now that you understand that you can no longer deny that 1) President Obama inherited the massive trillion dollar Bush Deficits (yes, they have a name) and 2) bush had at least one deficit over a trillion dollars.

okay, this is officially babble. you're simply looking for words and phrases to not hold bush accountable for the massive trillion dollar deficits he left behind. And the 150 billion of President Obama's stimulus that was spent in FY2009 was in the budget. Bush's budget estimates were revised based on the Bush's destruction of the economy BEFORE PRESIDENT OBAMA TOOK OVER. spending was revised up 450 billion and revenues revised down 450 billion in Jan 2009. those revisions did not include the stimulus. Actuals came in with revenue declining 700 billion and spending went up 400 billion. Those included the small part of the stimulus spent in FY2009. If you want to "subtract" 150 billion from Bush's 1.4 trillion dollar budget deficit, feel free. I choose not to because it was necessary to prevent the Great Bush Depression because of Bush's policies.

Yes BE, I wrote "revised budget" instead of "revised budget estimates". Now that you understand that you can no longer deny that 1) President Obama inherited the massive trillion dollar Bush Deficits (yes, they have a name) and 2) bush had at least one deficit over a trillion dollars.
Never mind, Vern. I’m tired of your willful ignorance of the operation of government or the budgetry process. See ya, later.

Never mind, Vern. I’m tired of your willful ignorance of the operation of government or the budgetry process. See ya, later.
I give you credit BE, you usually cowardly cut and run only after only a couple of posts. You seem to be building up an immunity to reality. you might move back into the top 10% if you keep this up. Anyhoo, I've posted document facts. You had to make a choice between narrative and integrity and like all conservatives, you chose narrative. the good news is you no longer get to pretend that President Obama didn't inherit the massive trillion dollar bush deficits (yea, they have a name) and that bush had at least one deficit over a trillion dollars.

I give you credit BE, you usually cowardly cut and run only after only a couple of posts. You seem to be building up an immunity to reality. you might move back into the top 10% if you keep this up. Anyhoo, I've posted document facts. You had to make a choice between narrative and integrity and like all conservatives, you chose narrative. the good news is you no longer get to pretend that President Obama didn't inherit the massive trillion dollar bush deficits (yea, they have a name) and that bush had at least one deficit over a trillion dollars.
so BE, are you not going to post the studies that show stimulus dont work because "people just save it or pay down debt"? It was kinda important to your claims. I know the facts I posted give you a tummy ache but you should power through it and back up your claim.

Back
Top Bottom