• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s blunder in Syria is irreparable

At least there is something of ardor happening. The problem is that "yours should be". The lack of caring is "icy".

Maybe if the left didnt run around with their hair on fire over every issue, maybe we could take you seriously. But at this point, its like the boy who cried wolf.

It doesnt show us as week at all. Erdogan calls Trump and says hes moving troops across the border in 24 hours and any people we have there need to leave the area. Explain how our 50 troops are supposed to stand up to the Turkish army. And if Trump takes your tough guy attitude and those 50 guys get killed, what happens then?

So this is why you say Trump got rolled? Why hasn't he told us that instead of allowing people like you to make stuff up?

So this is why you say Trump got rolled? Why hasn't he told us that instead of allowing people like you to make stuff up?

I never claimed Trump got rolled. Nor did I make anything up. The reason the phone call took place was for Erdogan to inform Trump that his army was about to move. Do you have some different info?

Maybe if the left didnt run around with their hair on fire over every issue, maybe we could take you seriously. But at this point, its like the boy who cried wolf.

With Trump now showing over 12,000 confirmed lies, if anyone is crying wolf, it is Trump.

and by the way, if someone was raping your teenage daughter and not stopping, would your hair not be "on fire" or would you be nonchalant about it?

I never claimed Trump got rolled. Nor did I make anything up. The reason the phone call took place was for Erdogan to inform Trump that his army was about to move. Do you have some different info?

I don't even have this info. Where did you get it from?

With Trump now showing over 12,000 confirmed lies, if anyone is crying wolf, it is Trump.

and by the way, if someone was raping your teenage daughter and not stopping, would your hair not be "on fire" or would you be nonchalant about it?

Is your daughter being raped? If so, why are you posting her and not helping her?

I don't even have this info. Where did you get it from?

Actually, I get most of my news from here. It was one of the links someone put up. The reason the call took place was because Erdogan was announcing his intention to invade.

Trump’s blunder in Syria is irreparable | The New York Times

data50672686-8173e2.jpg

Turkey allied Islamist militia forces prepare to attack Manbij, where Trump removed the US blocking force.

Says it far better than I ever could. The damage Trump has wrought is unprecedented and indeed irreparable.

We won’t know the scale of the aftermath until it happens, but it is entirely possible that this has the potential to be an even greater catastrophe than the invasion of Iraq. The damage to America’s reputation will certainly be greater, though.

Actually, I get most of my news from here. It was one of the links someone put up. The reason the call took place was because Erdogan was announcing his intention to invade.

So you think you saw something someone linked from somewhere and this is how you remember it?

Sounds legit.

Is your daughter being raped? If so, why are you posting her and not helping her?

When you do not have an answer, this answer is exactly the kind of thing you do.......deflect.

When you do not have an answer, this answer is exactly the kind of thing you do.......deflect.

I answered your hypothetical directly. If you you dont like the answer, come up with a better analogy.

Yes, and there is this:

Trump '''went off script''' during call with Erdogan, senior military source reveals | Fox News

During the phone call, Trump had talking points, according to the source: “Tell Erdogan to stay north of the border."

“He went off script," the source said.

Now, tell me: if Trump had kept with the script, do you think Erdogan would have moved ahead anyway?

(I think you really know the answer, but let's see if you can admit it)

Trump’s blunder in Syria is irreparable | The New York Times

data50672686-8173e2.jpg

Turkey allied Islamist militia forces prepare to attack Manbij, where Trump removed the US blocking force.

Says it far better than I ever could. The damage Trump has wrought is unprecedented and indeed irreparable.

It's not a blunder, its brilliant. He pulled us out of a neverending war and the Kurds are terrorists. Its obvious you people love war and the money being made from it. Disgusting.

I answered your hypothetical directly. If you you dont like the answer, come up with a better analogy.

I guess you are not smart enough to pick up on meaning so let me explain it to you in easy words.

People act as if their 'heads are on fire" when there is something of great importance that is causing a lot of harm and they don't stop until the problem is resolved. Get it?'

People do not learn to ignore pain, especially when there is a solution to it!

Is that simple enough for you?

Last edited:
It's not a blunder, its brilliant. He pulled us out of a neverending war and the Kurds are terrorists. Its obvious you people love war and the money being made from it. Disgusting.

So if a friend of 20 years that has helped you get rid of your enemies becomes an unnecessary expense or a bothersome chore, you support leaving him to get killed, right?

So if a friend of 20 years that has helped you get rid of your enemies becomes an unnecessary expense or a bothersome chore, you support leaving him to get killed, right?

I dont make friends with terrorists just to kill other terrorists. Maybe you do, but hey, you are not me and I sure as hell wouldnt want to be you.

Had Trump left our troops there and Erdogan invaded anyway killing or wounding many of them, the same people bitching about Trump pulling the men out of there would be screaming that he should have pulled them out. The left has no credibility since its entire agenda is to oppose anything Trump says or does.

Remember when that SEAL got killed in Yemen? The Leftists lost their ****.

I dont make friends with terrorists just to kill other terrorists. Maybe you do, but hey, you are not me and I sure as hell wouldnt want to be you.

Have you ever heard of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Nonetheless, that is not even the point. The point is that the "United States of America" befriended the Kurds so that ISIS could be fought and banished. We lost 6 people in that war and the Kurds lost more than 20,000 to accomplish a common goal. In other words, they gave up more than we did. For that, we should be grateful.

Our country promised the Kurds our support because of their help and Trump did not honor what our country had promised. It is like Trump is not an American who honors the decisions of past presidents and administrations. As such, he does not represent the United States of America but represents Trump alone.........his personal interests and beliefs and not those of the country.

He did not even discuss his decision with Congress, which are the "representatives" of the people of the United States. He acted alone and for his own personal interests.

Do you approve of that?

and by the way, if it was your wife of 50 years that made the decision 20 years ago and both of you enjoyed the fruits of that decision, would you not continue to support her or would you leave her on her own just because it became inconvenient for you personally?

You didn't care when Obama retreared from Iraq. Why do you care, now?

The Kurds weren't supporting us. They were doing what was in their best interest.

You are honestly trying to compare the two???
That's so.e pretty damn weak whataboutism...

Yes, some people have a way with words...can spin much better than others. The NYT Editorial Board is one of them.

^^
Note: Trumpist Mycroft and tho others who "liked" this post (PIPEWRENCH, AmNat, PoS) support freeing terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom