• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s blunder in Syria is irreparable

Trump’s blunder in Syria is irreparable | The New York Times

data50672686-8173e2.jpg

Turkey allied Islamist militia forces prepare to attack Manbij, where Trump removed the US blocking force.

Says it far better than I ever could. The damage Trump has wrought is unprecedented and indeed irreparable.

The only qualm I would have with the editorial piece is its inclusion of a moral imperative in the geopolitical acts of a President. As I pointed out in another thread, there is no moral imperative in geopolitics. Obama suddenly discovered that he had backed himself into a moral imperative in his Syrian "red line" and beat a hasty retreat because of it. Obama's mistake was not that he did not support his "red line" but that he enumerated it in the first place. In fact he tied his own hands in that he then could not exhibit the means to enumerate any rational at all for continued efforts of any sort in Syria whereas, clearly Putin did not insert himself into Syria based on any sort of moral imperative. Putin runs circles around those few US Presidents he encounters and now he owns one.

The United States have never as a nation done anything in this world based on a moral imperative. Even its "humanitarian aid" is not based on a moral imperative. Moral imperative is the business of some aspects of organizations like the UN, some Private Organizations and Religious Organizations.

There is "coherence" (also pointed to in the piece) in the execution of our National Security Interests which Trumpkin does not exhibit in any way shape or form. Trumpkin only exhibits a steadfast adherence to Transactional Agencies and subservience to his master, Vladimir Putin.

Last edited:
The Kurds were GUARDING your special forces and getting killed in the process. I'd say that was giving considerable support. Perhaps if you stopped listening to the ignorant goon in the White House you might actually learn something.

Our SF people were there to support the Kurds, not the other way around.

this is about the point where Donald Trump's mommy and daddy would swoop in and save their son. i bet they knew he was an idiot too.

My question is there anything Trump can do or say that can turn this disaster around. I would like to hear from Trump supporter on what he can do in your opinion?

Sure. This isnt a 'disaster.'

and "all" those that still support Trump share the blame. One thing is ignorance (such as when he was elected) and the other is abetting his decisions after it has been shown the evil/selfish/incompetent man he is.

Our country is now likely irreparably split for decades as those who have abetted this lunatic, incompetent sociopath will never admit to their mistake.

Psst. Lucky. Your hair is on fire :flames:

So send more troops to Saudi Arabia?

I say we supply our allies with weapons and let them kill their children if that is what they want to do. If any of them attack us we should send them our weapons as well. Like some guided missiles into their rulers bedrooms.

and "all" those that still support Trump share the blame. One thing is ignorance (such as when he was elected) and the other is abetting his decisions after it has been shown the evil/selfish/incompetent man he is.

Our country is now likely irreparably split for decades as those who have abetted this lunatic, incompetent sociopath will never admit to their mistake.

Then, the Leftists need to put some ointment on their sore butts and get the **** over losing the election.

I say we supply our allies with weapons and let them kill their children if that is what they want to do. If any of them attack us we should send them our weapons as well. Like some guided missiles into their rulers bedrooms.

Well we are already the world's largest arms dealer. So it would seem we have that base covered as well.

Oh spare us with the mawkish "children" crap. The "rest of the world" has been fighting in Syria since day one. The Kurds have lost over 10,000 dead in their fight against ISIS. America has lost a paltry five (5), lives. The UK, France, Jordan, Canada, Australia and others; all had military fighting with the Kurds.

Fine. Let them kill each other if that is what they want out of life. Hell lets give them plenty of bullets and let them have a ball.

Then, the Leftists need to put some ointment on their sore butts and get the **** over losing the election.

Had Trump left our troops there and Erdogan invaded anyway killing or wounding many of them, the same people bitching about Trump pulling the men out of there would be screaming that he should have pulled them out. The left has no credibility since its entire agenda is to oppose anything Trump says or does.

Again, we were supporting the Kurds, not the other way around.

You just don't know how to bow out and accept defeat with good grace, do you. You told me my 'claim' that Kurds were guarding US troops was mistaken. I proved you wrong. Deal with it like a man.

Had Trump left our troops there and Erdogan invaded anyway killing or wounding many of them, the same people bitching about Trump pulling the men out of there would be screaming that he should have pulled them out. The left has no credibility since its entire agenda is to oppose anything Trump says or does.

So Trump showed the United States is weak? "Move your troops or we will attack them?"

You seriously believe this bull****?

Even Mitch knows this is a mistake.

Turkey Syria offensive: Mitch McConnell attacks Trump

"The combination of a US pullback and the escalating Turkish-Kurdish hostilities is creating a strategic nightmare for our country," he wrote. Even if the ceasefire held, the Turkish assault and US withdrawal had "set back" Washington's fight against the Islamic State (IS) group."

Oh...do you support Mitch? I don't.

Psst. Lucky. Your hair is on fire :flames:

At least there is something of ardor happening. The problem is that "yours should be". The lack of caring is "icy".

Well we are already the world's largest arms dealer. So it would seem we have that base covered as well.

Well if war and fighting is the primary goal of the countries in the Middle East we should keep them supplied not participate.

So Trump showed the United States is weak? "Move your troops or we will attack them?"

You seriously believe this bull****?

It doesnt show us as week at all. Erdogan calls Trump and says hes moving troops across the border in 24 hours and any people we have there need to leave the area. Explain how our 50 troops are supposed to stand up to the Turkish army. And if Trump takes your tough guy attitude and those 50 guys get killed, what happens then?

Back
Top Bottom