• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

True Love Hates...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Did you know that true love hates?

It sounds like an oxymoron, but it's scriptural.

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." Romans 12:9

"Let those who love the LORD hate evil." Psalm 97:10

True love doesn't tolerate evil. In our "judge not"* world, we need to keep this in mind.

God is loving and He hates evil (Psalm 5:5).

If we want to please God, we will also hate evil.

"Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them ... So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise." Ephesians 5:10-15
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2016/03/true-love-hates.html

True love doesn't tolerate evil. In our "judge not"* world, we need to keep this in mind.

"Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them ... So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise." Ephesians 5:10-15
Is this some not-so-backhanded way of tellings the gays that they're going to hell?

It's garbage...there's no such qualification in God's Word of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace.

Everything IN that Word disagrees with the idea in your OP. All your post does is use false witness to justify hate, intolerance, repression.

Anything that does not go against God's Word is not a sin, so your double-speak false witness in the OP is wrong.

Is this some not-so-backhanded way of tellings the gays that they're going to hell?
Being that is what you got from the OP is very telling...

Being that you insert yourself in subjects that deal with homosexuality quite often, it's rather telling that you didn't give a straight answer.

Being that you insert yourself in subjects that deal with homosexuality quite often, it's rather telling that you didn't give a straight answer.
Not as often as you do...

It's garbage...there's no such qualification in God's Word of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace.

Everything IN that Word disagrees with the idea in your OP. All your post does is use false witness to justify hate, intolerance, repression.

Anything that does not go against God's Word is not a sin, so your double-speak false witness in the OP is wrong.
e9b3dd6987f9a2868ba0a490c8ab0386.jpg

I wrote of the unconditional love in God's Word....you wrote about hate...found NOWHERE in His Word.

I dont think you understand the words you use very often. You get them wrong a lot.

Not as often as you do...
Yeah, because I'm gay and there are people who don't like gay people and seem to make it their mission to make us second class citizens.

Yeah, because I'm gay and there are people who don't like gay people and seem to make it their mission to make us second class citizens.
Well, I am not one of them...

That makes it sound like it's easy to follow God's Word without sinning. It's not, it's hard. But worthwhile.

God's Word is compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace. How many days do you manage not to break one or more of those? To not uphold it in His Name with your brothers and sisters? It's pretty hard.

YOU dont...you and your falsified scriptures instead 'find' ways that you CAN SIN and pretend it's not. YOU are the one making it easy to sin...easy to hate or not tolerate or judge.

found NOWHERE in His Word.
That is a lie...you will find the word "hate" throughout the Bible...no surprise you'd not know that since you've never read it...

Proper Hatred. Nevertheless, under certain conditions and at certain times it is proper to hate. “There is . . . a time to love and a time to hate.” (Ec 3:1, 8) Even of Jehovah it is said that he hated Esau. (Mal 1:2, 3) But this cannot be attributed to any arbitrariness on God’s part. Esau proved himself unworthy of Jehovah’s love by despising his birthright and selling it and hence also the divine promises and blessings attached thereto. Moreover, he purposed to kill his brother Jacob. (Ge 25:32-34; 27:41-43; Heb 12:14-16) God also hates lofty eyes, a false tongue, hands that are shedding innocent blood, a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, a false witness, anyone sending forth contentions among brothers, in fact, everyone and everything standing in complete opposition to Jehovah and his righteous laws.—Pr 6:16-19; De 16:22; Isa 61:8; Zec 8:17; Mal 2:16.

What kind of hatred must servants of God cultivate?

In true loyalty to Jehovah, his servants hate what and whom he hates. (2Ch 19:2) “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.” (Ps 139:21, 22) But this hate does not seek to inflict injury on others and is not synonymous with spite or malice. Rather, it finds expression in its utter abhorrence of what is wicked, avoiding what is bad and those intensely hating Jehovah. (Ro 12:9, 17, 19) Christians rightly hate those who are confirmed enemies of God, such as the Devil and his demons, as well as men who have deliberately and knowingly taken their stand against Jehovah.

While Christians have no love for those who turn the undeserved kindness of God into an excuse for loose conduct, they do not hate persons who become involved in wrongdoing but who are worthy of being shown mercy. Instead of hating the repentant wrongdoer, they hate the wicked act, yes, “even the inner garment that has been stained by the flesh.”—Jude 4, 23.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001912

Hatred is a secondary emotional response related to love and pain. If someone you love has caused you pain, then you may truly know hatred. If someone you love has been caused pain by others you may truly know hatred. Anything beyond that is a misapplication of the word.

That is a lie...you will find the word "hate" throughout the Bible...no surprise you'd not know that since you've never read it...

We've discussed this. Esp. re: the New Testament. Why do you act like you havent read it before. Do you want to look so inept that you cant read properly?

The Bible was written by fallible men of the times, many scriptures are mistaken or misinterpreted. How do we know which ones? The ones that clearly go against His Word :rolleyes:

You werent even capable of addressing my post directly. And then also lying about me. Bearing false witness is a sin and you made a false claim about my reading the Bible. (again.) You really sin a lot.

Btw, the crap you posted on "proper hatred" is disgusting and as terrible a false justification for anything in the Bible as I've ever seen. It does show however, just how desperate some people are to rationalize away their hate and intolerance.

It's an abomination to ever consider that remotely 'from God.'

The jewish translation would be abhor, not hate...and would specifically be interpreted to abhor that which is evil...not hate those that sin.

The jewish translation would be abhor, not hate...and would specifically be interpreted to abhor that which is evil...not hate those that sin.
Yeah, sorry you spoke before you read...

While Christians have no love for those who turn the undeserved kindness of God into an excuse for loose conduct, they do not hate persons who become involved in wrongdoing but who are worthy of being shown mercy. Instead of hating the repentant wrongdoer, they hate the wicked act, yes, “even the inner garment that has been stained by the flesh.”—Jude 4, 23.

Yeah, sorry you spoke before you read...

More bullshit doublespeak, that's not His Word. By denying homosexuals the same love and commitments and intimacy and family that straight couples have, thru no fault of their own, which is what those words, and you, demand, that is hateful and cruel. That is NOT God's Word, being gay harms no one.

That is garbage made up by homophobic mean...there's been shitloads of them over the millenia, I'm sure there were some that inserted their selfish paranoid agenda into scripture.

You'd rather I lie to you?
It's not lying because the Bible doesn't actually condemn homosexuality. Not to mention the fact that you seem fixated on this issue when there are other issues that actually causes harm that you seem to ignore or overlook.

Would you say that Christ had no love for sinners?
Of course he loved them...they're the ones he went to and told to sin no more...

Of course he loved them...they're the ones he went to and told to sin no more...
Right. So he loved...not hated...though he abhorred sin and did not excuse nor justify sinful behavior.

Right. So he loved...not hated...though he abhorred sin and did not excuse nor justify sinful behavior.
Yeah, I believe i covered that already...

Back
Top Bottom