• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

True Love Hates...

Yeah, I believe i covered that already...
Are you being 'loving'? Or are you intent on demonstrating your hatred?

Are you being 'loving'? Or are you intent on demonstrating your hatred?
This is a discussion forum, is it not? Even in this very thread some, who claim to be Christian, seem to think there is no proper hatred, and that is just not true according to God's Word...

Did you know that true love hates?

It sounds like an oxymoron, but it's scriptural.

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." Romans 12:9

"Let those who love the LORD hate evil." Psalm 97:10

True love doesn't tolerate evil. In our "judge not"* world, we need to keep this in mind.

God is loving and He hates evil (Psalm 5:5).

If we want to please God, we will also hate evil.

"Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them ... So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise." Ephesians 5:10-15
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2016/03/true-love-hates.html
Many people mistakenly believe that hate is the opposite of love

This is a discussion forum, is it not? Even in this very thread some, who claim to be Christian, seem to think there is no proper hatred, and that is just not true according to God's Word...
So are you being loving, or are you intent on demonstrating hatred?

I absolutely abhor evil. I dont hate those that sin. Its OK to discuss evil...sin...and to consistently abhor it. And if those that embrace abhorrent behaviors detest their abhorrent behaviors and defense of abhorrent behaviors feel anger, hatred, rage....so be it. But we should be able to draw very clear distinction between sinful behaviors and people that sin. Love the sinner...abhor the sin.

So are you being loving, or are you intent on demonstrating hatred?

I absolutely abhor evil. I dont hate those that sin. Its OK to discuss evil...sin...and to consistently abhor it. And if those that embrace abhorrent behaviors detest their abhorrent behaviors and defense of abhorrent behaviors feel anger, hatred, rage....so be it. But we should be able to draw very clear distinction between sinful behaviors and people that sin. Love the sinner...abhor the sin.
So...you're basically repeating the OP...got it...and oh BTW...whichever word you use...hate or abhor, it's the same thing...

abhor
regard with disgust and hatred
https://www.google.com/search?clien...hor+&aqs=avast.1.69i57j0l7.10597j0j1&ie=UTF-8

There is no such thing as "proper hatred," that pitiful, disgusting excuse for justifying hate and intolerance was invented by men so that they COULD sin against others, hating and being intolerant.

Good lord, you'll believe anything. How hard is it to accept that it's all covered in God's Word of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace? Yet you continue to deny His Word. It's awful to see you post that way, over and over, sinnning each time.

The difference between you and I as Christians? You WANT the excuses to feel superior, exclusive, and to hate and punish and exclude people. You latch onto them and cling to them like grim death.

For me, I look for the reasons to do and be the opposite...and I have God's Word to fall back on.

Did you know that true love hates?

It sounds like an oxymoron, but it's scriptural.

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." Romans 12:9

"Let those who love the LORD hate evil." Psalm 97:10

True love doesn't tolerate evil. In our "judge not"* world, we need to keep this in mind.

God is loving and He hates evil (Psalm 5:5).

If we want to please God, we will also hate evil.

"Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them ... So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise." Ephesians 5:10-15
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2016/03/true-love-hates.html

We know God really hated those Amalekite babies.

Back
Top Bottom