• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

True hero!!!

She's Tuff as nails.

Very brave lady, a true hero.

If she had a gun, like some Georgia legislators want to require of school personnel, I suspect it would have turned out differently.

A very brave lady.

If she had a gun, like some Georgia legislators want to require of school personnel, I suspect it would have turned out differently.

A very brave lady.

Yeah, I agree. It certainly wouldn't have been so "iffy" for so long.

Georgia school employee hailed as 'real hero' for talking gunman into giving up

Just listened to the 911 tape on CNN of this lady negotiating with the gunman and the police on the phone through the 911 operator.

WHAT A LADY!!! WHAT A HERO!!!

That was a brave woman. Did you hear the extended tape where she spoke afterwards? She broke down crying and started talking about how she had never been so afraid in her life. Just made her composure in the moment even more impressive.

That was a brave woman. Did you hear the extended tape where she spoke afterwards? She broke down crying and started talking about how she had never been so afraid in her life. Just made her composure in the moment even more impressive.

I did. I couldn't find it when I posted the other one above. It gave me chills. And it takes a hell of a lot to give me chills. This woman needs to be recognized on a national level somehow. An award for bravery and valor. What a great person.

I did. I couldn't find it when I posted the other one above. It gave me chills. And it takes a hell of a lot to give me chills. This woman needs to be recognized on a national level somehow. An award for bravery and valor. What a great person.

In all honesty there is something so inspiring about a person who has been through hard times themselves, like she states in the video, and come out the other side kind people; instead of bitter and jaded or angry. It's humbling.

In all honesty there is something so inspiring about a person who has been through hard times themselves, like she states in the video, and come out the other side kind people; instead of bitter and jaded or angry. It's humbling.

Awfully humbling. I'm watching Anderson Cooper interview her right now. She should be an inspiration to everyone.

That lady has some huge brass ones. Calm as a cucumber despite being scared. That's real true bravery. And showing actual concern for the guy with the gun. Simply amazing.

Hero is so overused these days it's become pretty much meaningless but it really applies to Ms. Tuff.

Great job ma'am! Took a bad situation and turned it around, good for you and everyone involved.

I guess Wayne LaPierre was decidedly wrong when he stated that:

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"​

:shrug:

There are enough threads around to make statements like that. I would hope we could keep this thread about the wonderful person that is the subject of the OP, and not the NRA. Please?

it's in all of us I believe, and it's beautiful when it is displayed ... she treated him almost as if he was her son, she treated him like a human being who was not well and who was more scared than anything else ... I'd love to know more about him as well ...

Back
Top Bottom