• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trudeau supports marijuana legalisation

Good for Canada, hopefully those ideas will spread despite the decline of the Liberals.

In B.C. it is rather popular during the elections I believe most of the parties said they would legalize it if they could but criminal law is federal. As far as I'm concerned that means we should legalize since B.C. one of the largest producers in the world of marijuana.

It's 'too' not "to" in that usage Mr. Progressive.

As long as we're being progressive here..

*too

five charaters

Lets see if he does anything when hes PM

Little early to already be toking up, isn't it Middle?

ThreeHundredEight.com: Canada

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada's opposition Liberals would win a big majority under new leader Justin Trudeau if an election were held now, according to a poll released on Thursday that showed the governing Conservatives continuing to struggle.

Although the next election is not due until October 2015, the Forum poll for the National Post shows Trudeau - son of former prime minister Pierre Trudeau - has maintained his popularity since taking over the Liberal Party last month.

Forum put the Liberals at 44 percent support, one percentage point higher than in a poll done by the same firm in mid-April. The Conservatives, hit by an expenses scandal in the Senate, the upper house of Parliament, dropped three points to 27 percent.

Here John... let me pass the bong. ;)

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

And rightly so. As the progressive and open minded country we purport ourselves to be, this is way to long overdue.

Justin Trudeau slammed for backing marijuana legalization - Politics - CBC News

This is policy I can support.

If feasible I might too.
However it would be controlled not by government but by criminals.
Abuse by criminals would negate any benefits of legitimacy. Tobacco is sold to kids all the time and millions of illegal tobacco sales take place in Canada which the government(s) refuse to address. Millions in taxes are not collected.
How then would weed be any different? It would be sold illegally by the same criminals now selling illegal cigarettes and taxes would not be collected. We would have another government body 'administering' the sale, and that would certainly grow as does any other government agency.

Once we prove we can and DO control tobacco sales it will be time enough to legalize pot.

My polls are better than your polls - na-na-na-na-nana. Actually, my site is a composite of all recent polls from various sources and shows the Liberals in the lead, but within the margin of error with the bloom off the Trudeau rose and the conservatives rising, marginally, once again. Since the election is not until 2015 and every time Trudeau opens his mouth, the liberal poll numbers drop, I can't see that Harper has anything to fear.

My polls are better than your polls - na-na-na-na-nana. Actually, my site is a composite of all recent polls from various sources and shows the Liberals in the lead, but within the margin of error with the bloom off the Trudeau rose and the conservatives rising, marginally, once again. Since the election is not until 2015 and every time Trudeau opens his mouth, the liberal poll numbers drop, I can't see that Harper has anything to fear.

Shoot, besides himself, the Senator and his own caucus, yeah, I guess Harper has nothing to fear. :lol:

Shoot, besides himself, the Senator and his own caucus, yeah, I guess Harper has nothing to fear. :lol:

Harper has no problems with his caucus - whenever you have a large majority, it's hard to satisfy all the needs/wants of the varied members - just as Cretien.

As for the Senate, Harb pretty much takes any conservative senator out of isolation and he's likely going to jail - not sure if any of the conservative ones are, although the young guy from Quebec may get there for other reasons.

All in all, I'd rather be Harper than Trudeau unless something horrible happens to Canada's economy and I don't see that happening.

Personally I think we have a combination of Harper being in power for a long time, and the Liberals having a new leader who is young, dynamic, charismatic and has the last name Trudeau. This will give the Liberals the edge come next election. Polls taken right now don't matter that much except to show that the Liberals seem to have finally gotten out of the doghouse over the sponsorship scandal.

Harper has no problems with his caucus - whenever you have a large majority, it's hard to satisfy all the needs/wants of the varied members - just as Cretien.

As for the Senate, Harb pretty much takes any conservative senator out of isolation and he's likely going to jail - not sure if any of the conservative ones are, although the young guy from Quebec may get there for other reasons.

All in all, I'd rather be Harper than Trudeau unless something horrible happens to Canada's economy and I don't see that happening.

C'mon, John... stop being so blinded. I have no issues with shaking my finger at Harb and all of the other money stealing Senators. They're all crooks. And as far as the caucas goes, there's a reason for the recent major shake-up.

Personally I think we have a combination of Harper being in power for a long time, and the Liberals having a new leader who is young, dynamic, charismatic and has the last name Trudeau. This will give the Liberals the edge come next election. Polls taken right now don't matter that much except to show that the Liberals seem to have finally gotten out of the doghouse over the sponsorship scandal.

I can agree with this.

You do realize that Trudeau is going to get absolutely handled in the debates right? This is Harper's election to lose.

You do realize that Trudeau is going to get absolutely handled in the debates right? This is Harper's election to lose.

We shall see. He has little experience, but he's smart, an excellent speaker, charismatic and great looking. Even if Harper wins the debates, I still think he's done like dinner.

We shall see. He has little experience, but he's smart, an excellent speaker, charismatic and great looking. Even if Harper wins the debates, I still think he's done like dinner.

I agree I don't think the debates have much influence unless a candidate says something beyond stupid.

Trudeau may win my vote in the end. We'll have to see, 2015 is a long way away.

Trudeau may win my vote in the end. We'll have to see, 2015 is a long way away.

I have never voted Liberal nationally, but he might sway me. But you're right... it's still a long ways away.

Back
Top Bottom