• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trudeau revokes emergency powers after Canada blockades end

XDU

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Time to move on.

TypicalRussian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
andddddd the truckers failed..not surprised

Callen

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
The measure is meant to be temporary and limited. I would by have thought not until after the weekend.

Grand Mal

Russian warship, go f*** yourself!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
All the folks denouncing Trudeau as an authoritarian have already moved on to praising Putin's "strength" by now.
Can you believe they compared Hitler, Stalin and Mao to Trudeau? What a dumbass take on history. I have no respect or regard for the twerp Trudeau but all those dumbass far-right lunatic fringe are pissing on the graves of the victims of the most murderous regimes in history by comparing them with Trudeau.
Yeah, having to wear a mask in Wal-Mart is exactly like the concentration camps and gulags and re-education camps.
The whole American right has become a shower of fainting drama queens.

Plasmaball

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Can you believe they compared Hitler, Stalin and Mao to Trudeau? What a dumbass take on history. I have no respect or regard for the twerp Trudeau but all those dumbass far-right lunatic fringe are pissing on the graves of the victims of the most murderous regimes in history by comparing them with Trudeau.
Yeah, having to wear a mask in Wal-Mart is exactly like the concentration camps and gulags and re-education camps.
They compared it because they are dumb and worthless.

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Time to move on.

So Trudeau made the powers temporary, just like he said he would.

Grand Mal

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So Trudeau made the powers temporary, just like he said he would.
By this time next week the cultural genocide in Ottawa will be forgotten and the cultural genocide in DC will be headline news.
And the hand-wringing fainting hearts will be feeding on new silage.

btthegreat

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Except a lot of this talk came from RW Canadians. That is the real lesson here. The same RW lunacy that hit us before this virus has fed off anti mask/vaccine sentiments, and hit Britain, Austria, Switzerland, and France etc is homegrown in Canadian soil. The idiots are everywhere, using rhetoric that is designed to inflame and divide.

Grand Mal

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Except a lot of this talk came from RW Canadians. That is the real lesson here. The same RW lunacy that hit us and fed off anti mask/vaccine sentiments, and hit Britain, Austria, Switzerland, and France etc is homegrown in Canadian soil.
Oh I get it that the lunatic fringe right-wing Canadians are louder than they ever dared to be before. They all are, everywhere. And they won't go away after this whole pandemic thing has passed either.

btthegreat

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Oh I get it that the lunatic fringe right-wing Canadians are louder than they ever dared to be before. They all are, everywhere. And they won't go away after this whole pandemic thing has passed either.
Before this little caravan, I was seeing Canada as the underpopulated Engine-that-Could, despite all the Ultra Right and nationalist movements hitting the rest of the industrialized republican world . You Canadians were the only folk left NOT embarrassed by your own people since 2016.

Grand Mal

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Before this little caravan, I was seeing Canada as the underpopulated Engine-that-Could, despite all the Ultra Right and nationalist movements hitting the rest of the industrialized republican world . You Canadians were the only folk left NOT embarrassed by your own people since 2016.
Well, I've been embarrassed by those knotheads. They clogged up a city protesting the wrong government.

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Time to move on.
His future is very much in doubt. His popularity is pretty low and he's a jerk.

Hamish Howl

Horrible Bastard
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Yeah, but as long as the conservatives keep throwing up almost-alive-looking cyphers in grey suits, he's gonna stay in.

I mean, it's not like the UCP is going anywhere.

Grand Mal

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
He's a minority Prime Minister. Their futures are always in doubt.
And being a jerk doesn't disqualify him, unfortunately.

Sweden

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
All the folks denouncing Trudeau as an authoritarian have already moved on to praising Putin's "strength" by now.
Wrong. This 'folk' has been denouncing the tin-pot tyrant Trudeau AND condemning in strong terms the vastly more dangerous and evil tyrant Putin.

(Question: Why do Americans use 'folk' in preference to the perfectly adequate word 'people'? Are they trying to be more cosy and folksy?)

Top Bottom