• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trudeau Blames Trump For Canada’s Illegal Immigrant Crisis

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is blaming President Donald Trump and his “domestic realities” for the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants coming into Canada.

...an increasing number of Canadians are also concerned about the steady stream of illegals coming into Canada, according to polls. The flood of would-be refugees began shortly after Trudeau issued the now infamous #WelcomeToCanada tweet in January 2017 that invited the refugees of the world to come to Canada...

While the illegals sit in Canada waiting to see a refugee board, they receive accommodation, medical care and legal aid at taxpayer expense. Many are staying in three-star hotels because migrants have already eliminated any vacancies in homeless shelters. The Opposition has tabulated the cost to the federal government at over $1 billion (CAD).

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/21/trudeau-blames-trump-for-canadas-illegal-immigrant-crisis/

Beauty way to go Hosehead (Trudeau).

Beauty way to go Hosehead (Trudeau).

I guess he forgot his own statements back in 2017:

To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada

https://twitter.com/justintrudeau/status/825438460265762816?lang=en

Anyone remember he had to backtrack on that promise too?

Justin Trudeau has sought to temper the notion that Canada is a guaranteed safe haven for those fleeing the threat of deportation in the United States, as his government faces criticism that its refugee-friendly messaging has given “false hope” to the thousands of asylum seekers streaming into Canada from the US.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-to-backtrack-on-open-invitation-to-refugees

Once said, hard to unsay.

Can't blame Trump for your own mistakes Justin. :no:

Jordan Peterson says that Trudeau never grew up.

Sounds Right.

Jordan Peterson says that Trudeau never grew up.

Sounds Right.

I have said again and again this guy is a fraud. He is Obama light.

But the liberals and Democrats keep defending him because according to them, he looks good. I am starting to think Democrats are very shallow and superficial in who they support.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-to-backtrack-on-open-invitation-to-refugees

This imo is the biggest problem with those that advocate open borders.

They claim they want to keep the "bad guys" out of the country but want to make sure people have a way into our country...

You can't have it both ways.

But the liberals and Democrats keep defending him because according to them, he looks good. I am starting to think Democrats are very shallow and superficial in who they support.

And Canadians who look down their noses because they have themselves estimated as better than us.....aren't.

And Canadians who look down their noses because they have themselves estimated as better than us.....aren't.

You are correct. They are not as nice as many people think they are. Very arrogant people.

In a December Poll the member of the Conservative party Andrew Scheer had pulled ahead of Trudeau with 33% approval. Trudeau's approval is at 27% while 26% of the masses are not sure.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/12/19/trudeau-approval-rating-poll_a_23622710/

The guy has sunk like a lead anchor in the past months. In fact, his poll numbers resemble Macron's in France. There's something Macron and Trudeau have in common. Both pushing carbon taxes. Well Macron blames Trump for the uprising in his country which has much to do over taxation over fossil fuels because Trump pulled the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accord. Trudeau seems to be experiencing a backlash from the people for the same thing.

From the article linked above

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has emerged as one of Trudeau's most vocal critics, railing against his government's carbon pricing plan and forming a tag team against it with fellow conservative leaders in Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba and New Brunswick.

:2razz:

Lol, I may disagree with Obama on most of his positions but to call Trudeau "Obama light" is an insult to Obama. Obama is both intelligent and charismatic, two qualities Trudeau is severely lacking.

You are correct. They are not as nice as many people think they are. Very arrogant people.

I have in recent years been wondering more and more if "Canadian Nice" is actually in function a cover for Canadians lack of honesty with themselves about who they are....they have some part of themselves in a internal dungeon and they live in fear that the secret will get out that they have malevolence in them like everyone else.

Keeping in mind that I have never paid enough attention to Canadians.

I have rarely found them interesting.

Their reaction to Trump has been.

Last edited:
Maybe he already is as part of the USMCA and we don't know it yet....

according to sarah huckabee sanders, that USMCA (fka NAFTA) money is the alternative source of wall funding ... despite that it is private capital
i can't figure that out, either

From the OP article excerpt:
While the illegals sit in Canada waiting to see a refugee board, they receive accommodation, medical care and legal aid at taxpayer expense. Many are staying in three-star hotels because migrants have already eliminated any vacancies in homeless shelters. The Opposition has tabulated the cost to the federal government at over $1 billion (CAD).

Red:
I had to laugh when I read the "red" passage.

Have you ever stayed in a three-star hotel? I suspect most readers here have. It's not exactly something to be upset about, at least not materially more so than the people being put up in homeless shelters.

From Trudeau's interview:
"And certainly, if people are fleeing the United States right now and are choosing to leave the United States right now, it’s not something I said. It is perhaps domestic realities within the political context in the United States that is driving people to move or to make those certain decisions....We see a political party going to a place that no mainstream political party in Canada has gone before, which is playing a very, very dangerous game of starting to turn Canadians against immigration."​
From what the man said:

• The crisis, as Trudeau sees it, isn't that migrants are headed to Canada, but the response of some Canadians to their arrival.
  • Trudeau is right in that the political situation in the US is what's driving folks to leave the US.
    • I'm not sure how your thought processes work, but among rational people, it works like this:
      1. Decide to leave.
      2. Choose a destination.
      3. Go there.
  • Trudeau has rightly observed that among the migrants' destinations is Canada.

With no reason for it, just like the Europeans.

Lol, I may disagree with Obama on most of his positions but to call Trudeau "Obama light" is an insult to Obama. Obama is both intelligent and charismatic, two qualities Trudeau is severely lacking.

Both Obama and Trudeau are empty suits.

Sounds like Trudeau should be supporting our efforts to control illegal immigration.

Starting? Surely you jest.

Trudeau seems to care more about being loved than being a defender of the citizens of Canada, who are most definitely feeling the negative effects of his open-door policy. I mean, he just couldn't help himself when he thought he could virtue signal and make himself look righteous and upstanding next to that meanie Trump.

What a yo-yo that Trudeau.

He piped up saying "Canada welcomes all!" to illegals and refugees and now he's complaining because they won't stop. Make up your mind, Sparky.

Is this even true? I was never aware that Canada had immigration issues tho im not surprised considering who they share that biggest border on a continent with

What a yo-yo that Trudeau.

He piped up saying "Canada welcomes all!" to illegals and refugees and now he's complaining because they won't stop. Make up your mind, Sparky.

This is a part of why he is said to behave as a child....He had not forgotten when he said that the Canada is a stickler for following the rules, and that the citizens demand that Canada remain a stickler for following the rules....he said it anyways.

Back
Top Bottom