• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen [W:192]

I think every one knows if this was a union doing this protesting the republicans in congress, J mac would be leading the charge to have them all arresting, calling them thugs and criminals. Funny how the morals of so many depend on who is doing something.

I think every one knows if this was a union doing this protesting the republicans in congress, J mac would be leading the charge to have them all arresting, calling them thugs and criminals. Funny how the morals of so many depend on who is doing something.

Right back to the days of WS, J-mac would vehemently defend alot of the things GWB was doing, that Obama does today that he vilifies him for.

It`s always been his style.

No, they don't. Mostly they do it because it requires no brains and they get paid well.

Your bigotted comment doesn't take away from the fact that thet make your life pissible.

If you think it doesn't take brains,...try it sometime.

Your bigotted comment doesn't take away from the fact that thet make your life pissible.

And there's yet another significant difference between the OWS protestors and these folks.

No, they don't. Mostly they do it because it requires no brains and they get paid well.

That is an extremely unfair and hurtful comment.

Trucking is the life blood of both the Canadian and American economies, truck drivers fulfill a vital role that takes alot out of a person to do.

Whether one agrees with this story, of a tiny minority of individuals doing something the OP would vilify them for if they were left wing... to attack truckers in general is idiotic and just plain wrong.

Trucking is the life blood of both the Canadian and American economies, truck drivers fulfill a vital role that takes alot out of a person to do.

Whether one agrees with this story, of a tiny minority of individuals doing something the OP would vilify them for if they were left wing... to attack truckers in general is idiotic and just plain wrong.

The accepted venacular is truck driver, not trucker. Trucker is a derogatory term.

as much as im unhappy with most of government, if this happens i hope the truckers get tickets and or arrested and id support it. This is just an idiotic idea.

Sorry you simply dont get to take over I-495, and decide "who gets in and who gets out" or "lock up the brakes and become a three lane road block" if your given a hard time. It endangers everybody else.

pretty simple.

Right on brothers, and sisters!!! I hope DC gets shutdown for real!

LOL...this should make people love the GOP even more than they do today...I agree....Right on Brothers and Sisters!!!!

This type of protest though is asinine and will accomplish nothing but make people get upset at truck drivers. If the point is to protest the government then why piss off regular people? It's not like people are going to say "wow I can't get to work, damn the government for these trucks".

Just like OWS the only thing this will do is make people pissed off at the protesters.

Those "retards" make civilized life possible for YOU.

Truck drivers do, retards don't. I really hope they are a minority.

The accepted venacular is truck driver, not trucker. Trucker is a derogatory term.

Trucker is like redneck. Some people get offended while others wear it as a badge.

Right on brothers, and sisters!!! I hope DC gets shutdown for real!

I mean like if they actually try and do this they should be shot. You don't get to attack and seize Congressman.

Trucker is like redneck. Some people get offended while others wear it as a badge.

I was about to say.

I know a couple of truck drivers who refer to themselves as Truckers.

Guess it depends on the person :shrug:

This type of protest though is asinine and will accomplish nothing but make people get upset at truck drivers. If the point is to protest the government then why piss off regular people? It's not like people are going to say "wow I can't get to work, damn the government for these trucks".

Just like OWS the only thing this will do is make people pissed off at the protesters.

Were sit-ins assinine?

I was about to say.

I know a couple of truck drivers who refer to themselves as Truckers.

Guess it depends on the person :shrug:

They'e probably the kind of drivers that give the rest of us a bad name.

Neither of which changes my basic point. Truckers don't have to be very smart and they get paid well. Or have I misjudged the average trucker and in point of fact they are all Rhodes Scholars who haul goods purely because of their generous nature?

I mean like if they actually try and do this they should be shot. You don't get to attack and seize Congressman.

In tea party trucker world, you apparently do. Like I said, dumb as fence posts.

That's a bit 10-4 trucker daddy!

:2razz:

They'll be arrested, their trucks will be impounded, then they'll do an interview on Fox News, and that will be the end of that. A few may lose their trucks if they can't afford the impound and towing fees.

I see this as a measure of how far the right-wing propaganda engine has pushed people. These people have been getting viciously manipulated few years without any break. They're all about ready to pop. And the propagandists have shown no signs of slowing down before they get a lot of people hurt.

They'll be arrested, their trucks will be impounded, then they'll do an interview on Fox News, and that will be the end of that. A few may lose their trucks if they can't afford the impound and towing fees.

I see this as a measure of how far the right-wing propaganda engine has pushed people. These people have been getting viciously manipulated few years without any break. They're all about ready to pop. And the propagandists have shown no signs of slowing down before they get a lot of people hurt.

They won't get arrested...their trucks won't get impounded...don't get carried away.

Two words:

Roofing nails.

So wait a minute here. You've criticized groups like OWS for causing disruption and now you cheer on a group using a similiar tactic added with possible kidnapping? Hypocrisy much?

Let's table that discussion until the truckers start throwing rocks, raping people and defecating on police cars.

Also, since you brought up OWS, I can't pass up the chance to post this awesome OWS video:

They really were batsh** crazy.

Last edited:
Most truckers are unionized. Unions tend not to be replublicrats. This is much ado about absolutely nothing.

Back
Top Bottom