• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trucker rally fizzles out in Washington, D.C.

Did they all get ticketed for following too closely, I wonder?

Are you certain the accident wasn't caused by that evil gang of young trucker terrorizing women cruising in a blue Hyundai on the Beltway flipping Freedom truckers off in some truly malicious digitile way?

Couldn't tell you. I know police did go to the scene because they called for wreckers to come and try to separate them. It really wasn't a big topic of discussion on any of the streams after the fact. 🤷‍♂️

Did they all get ticketed for following too closely, I wonder?

Are you certain the accident wasn't caused by that evil gang of young trucker terrorizing women cruising in a blue Hyundai on the Beltway flipping Freedom truckers off in some truly malicious digitile way?

This is one of the trucks involved yesterday. They did mention it briefly this morning at the meeting but pretty much just telling everyone to be extra alert and LE is going to be watching like a hawk. Ironically the guy who was live streaming this shot today had a deer run into his vehicle at the end of the route this afternoon and did some damage to the front 1/4 panel, broken headlight lens and ripped of the side mirror. You can see the deer hair stuck in the headlight/hood. It took off into the woods though.

wreck 2.png oh deer.png

oh deer 2.png

This is one of the trucks involved yesterday. They did mention it briefly this morning at the meeting but pretty much just telling everyone to be extra alert and LE is going to be watching like a hawk. Ironically the guy who was live streaming this shot today had a deer run into his vehicle at the end of the route this afternoon and did some damage to the front 1/4 panel, broken headlight lens and ripped of the side mirror. You can see the deer hair stuck in the headlight/hood. It took off into the woods though.

View attachment 67379524 View attachment 67379528

View attachment 67379529
You gotta watch them commie fascist deers. Keep your AF-47 locked and loaded and unload a full mag iffen y'all seez one of them cummin too take yer gunz.

View attachment 67379524 View attachment 67379528

View attachment 67379529
Are they certain it wasn't an antifawn?

Fact is no one cared - media barely covered it, people barely showed, these morons just wasted their own time, gas and money for no real results.
They'd already won. Just a pointless victory lap.

What exactly is your problem? If you research my posts on the subject you'll know that I supported mask mandates and, if necessary, vaccine mandates. My position hasn't changed.
You're providing cover for rolling back mandates and safety measures while Covid is killing more people than during much of the pandemic.

1,500 deaths a day. Not the time to let our foot off the gas. Deaths and infections were rapidly falling at other points in time; we didn't defend pulling masks then. You sound just like Californians in October/November of 2020... "Deaths are down, we don't need masks anymore! Freedumbs!"

Don't sound like them. Lots of people died.

You're providing cover for rolling back mandates and safety measures while Covid is killing more people than during much of the pandemic.

1,500 deaths a day. Not the time to let our foot off the gas. Deaths and infections were rapidly falling at other points in time; we didn't defend pulling masks then. You sound just like Californians in October/November of 2020... "Deaths are down, we don't need masks anymore! Freedumbs!"

Don't sound like them. Lots of people died.
What is wrong with you? I supported mandates, mask-wearing (I still do), and all Covid-related safety precautions. What is it you don't understand about my position on this, or are you simply arguing for the sake of arguing?

I read they plan to citizens arrest the DC mayor and cops because several of the convoy had to pee their pants in traffic!

‘People’s Convoy’ provoked and motivated by D.C. police roadblocks

The “People’s Convoy” of truck drivers and supporters that has been honking its way around D.C.-area roads and highways, backing up traffic in protest of the federal response to the coronavirus pandemic, has taken aim at government leaders, pharmaceutical and technology companies and the mainstream media. Now, as the convoy encounters roadblocks on its routes, it has a new perceived enemy: D.C. police leadership.

What if they held a protest and no one who came really knew what the protest was all about?

Perhaps the Trucker Protestors could petition the Government for a reason to petition the Government for a redress of things to gripe and whine about?

Trucker Protest Moved by More Than Opposition to Covid Mandates

The demonstrators camped outside Washington are rallying against Covid restrictions, but are fueled by a far broader set of right-wing grievances.

Tracy Graham, a Mary Kay consultant from Suffolk, Va., held her own flag neatly folded in her hands. She had driven five hours to the Hagerstown Speedway to show her support for the People’s Convoy, a demonstration against Covid-19 vaccine mandates modeled on the one that occupied Canada’s capital city of Ottawa for weeks.

Rebels without a clue!

So Tracy from Suffolk freely drives 5 hours to support the alleged patriotic trucker protest.

When she gets there she has clueless protesting strangers who aren’t suffering a single privation or a single lost Right in this Nation willingly DEFACE an American flag with their signatures?

Without a clue, totally, not a single clue among them!

Also it appears the whole Trucker rally protest is being coopted by Right Wing and or Trumpian nutters?

I had hoped that wouldn't be the case.

This one though is my FAVORITE telling of the movement and the moment!

Solo cyclist thwarts the trucker ‘freedom convoy’ on the roads of Washington DC

The People’s Convoy trucker protest was reduced to a slow crawl in Washington DC on Saturday by one man on a bike.

The convoy had made its way to the US capital earlier this month to protest pandemic restrictions (which have largely been lifted).

The truckers have been frustrating residents as they slow down traffic on major roads around the notoriously traffic-jammed city.

A cyclist returned the favor on Saturday by bringing the convoy to a crawl, by riding slowly in front of the line of trucks to a deafening chorus of horns behind him.

A Man.

A Bike.

A Counter Protest.

;) (y)

This one though is my FAVORITE telling of the movement and the moment!

A Man.

A Bike.

A Counter Protest.

;) (y)

Did he not realize the whole strategy in being down in DC is to slow traffic and be noticed by the media. He helped them accomplish both.

Did he not realize the whole strategy in being down in DC is to slow traffic and be noticed by the media. He helped them accomplish both.

The media hardly noticed (well, OAN and Fox maybe).

You seem to be obsessing over this joke of a protest. I assume there‘s a Telegram group to promote it.

Rolling backups are not unusual on the Capitol Beltway.

Deliberately staged ones are NOT appreciated.

Especially since this one is being led by a bunch of adults acting like spoiled six year olds.

There’s obviously no point to any of this other than the participants hoping to see themselves on a live feed or on right wing media.

The media hardly noticed (well, OAN and Fox maybe).

You seem to be obsessing over this joke of a protest. I assume there‘s a Telegram group to promote it.

Rolling backups are not unusual on the Capitol Beltway.

Deliberately staged ones are NOT appreciated.

Especially since this one is being led by a bunch of adults acting like spoiled six year olds.

There’s obviously no point to any of this other than the participants hoping to see themselves on a live feed or on right wing media.

Obsessing? My last comment on the thread was almost two weeks ago. Certainly you're free to pretend you're not here discussing it, although it seems silly

Well I am certain he knew exactly what the truckers wanted to do, he was just taking their lead and was even going slower than they all wanted to go.

Payback was a bitch!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I rather suspect that he did.

You notice that the article was NOT headed "Bicycle rider helps truckers in protest", didn't you?

The tenor of the coverage that I saw was "Bicyclist out protests the protesters".

Back
Top Bottom