• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trotsky/Netflix

I just finished the second episode of Trotsky on Netflix. It's a Russian language film and the subtitles distract, but so far I find it well done and easy to watch. From checking, it seems historically accurate.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...-netflix/RK=2/RS=ZXiSBlz3UlA_C7bZsIhHDawfC9A-

Cool! I'm looking for my next binge watch. Though right now I'm embarrassingly hooked on Father Brown. I'm sure even the Netflix choice prediction algorithms are like, WTF!?

Cool! I'm looking for my next binge watch. Though right now I'm embarrassingly hooked on Father Brown. I'm sure even the Netflix choice prediction algorithms are like, WTF!?

I'll look for Father Brown. Figured someone will call me a commie! :lol:

Have you tried Shetland? They say it is in English, but subtitles help!

I'll look for Father Brown. Figured someone will call me a commie! :lol:

Have you tried Shetland? They say it is in English, but subtitles help!

haha...nope. Haven't seen it in the list. But that's no surprise, Canadian Netflix is weak...

And don't hate me for the Father Brown recommend. I like it like I like watching golf...it's pleasantly relaxing and boring...in the nicest way. Great before bed show.

Also, you're a dirty commie. :lol:

Father Brown is nice, but I have an obvious bias, I am an addict of British detective series:

Father Brown
Death in Paradise (great fun)
Vera
Silent Witness
Midsomer Murders
A touch of Frost
Sherlock
Morse
Lewis
Poirot
Gently
Shetland
Marple
Banks
Inspector Lynley
Whitechapel
Dalziel and Pascoe
Jonathan Creek
Waking the Dead
Wire in the blood
Rebus
Life on Mars
Bergerac
Ashes to Ashes
Lovejoy
Taggart
the Ruth Rendell Mysteries (inspector Wexford).

British television usually makes great detectives but I must say I am not a big fan of the new Poirot series, I think it is an abomination. Using John Malkovich (great actor though) as Poirot is horrendous and a great mistake of the BBC.

Father Brown is nice, but I have an obvious bias, I am an addict of British detective series:

Father Brown
Death in Paradise (great fun)
Vera
Silent Witness
Midsomer Murders
A touch of Frost
Sherlock
Morse
Lewis
Poirot
Gently
Shetland
Marple
Banks
Inspector Lynley
Whitechapel
Dalziel and Pascoe
Jonathan Creek
Waking the Dead
Wire in the blood
Rebus
Life on Mars
Bergerac
Ashes to Ashes
Lovejoy
Taggart
the Ruth Rendell Mysteries (inspector Wexford).

British television usually makes great detectives but I must say I am not a big fan of the new Poirot series, I think it is an abomination. Using John Malkovich (great actor though) as Poirot is horrendous and a great mistake of the BBC.

haha...well, based on this list, Father Brown definitely would be right up your alley... :)

I like UK shows...I find they tend to focus on story telling and dialogue more than bells and whistles, which is nice for a change. The manufactured tension seems to be a lot less as well, which can be nice too. There's a show on Netflix called The Detectorists - not a crime drama, but awesome, you should check it out if it's still on there...I think it was a Netflix original, if I recall correctly. About a bunch of guys in a metal detector club...lol...only the British could make that interesting.

Back
Top Bottom