• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trophies?

Overitall

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Family of abortionist makes grisly find after his death

"After a South Bend abortionist died in Indiana, his family made a grisly discovery in his Indiana home: 2,246 medically preserved fetal remains."

What do you think. Trophies -- fetish? Anyone care to speculate as to why someone would do this?

"After a South Bend abortionist died in Indiana, his family made a grisly discovery in his Indiana home: 2,246 medically preserved fetal remains."

What do you think. Trophies -- fetish? Anyone care to speculate as to why someone would do this?

Someone who worked for compensation killing babies had some mental issues? Who would’ve ever thought???

Someone who worked for compensation killing babies had some mental issues? Who would’ve ever thought???
Aside from being a prime example of a serial killer, one would be justified in asking if their abortion providers cared more about their (patient) care or acquiring another trophy. Conflict of interest, perhaps?

First, there’s no acceptable explanation for why the former abortionist kept the remains of aborted fetuses.

However, if the case of nearly 2,300 preserved aborted fetuses is worth a thread, how about one for doctors and other healthcare professionals who commit horrible violent crimes against people, like Allan Zarkin, a New York gynecologist, was charged with first-degree assault for carving his initials into the abdomen of a woman who had just delivered her baby by caesarean, or Dr. William Husel, responsible for the intentional overdose deaths of 25 hospital patients, or Genene Jones, the Texas pediatric nurse who killed up to 60 children in her care with fatal overdose injections at hospitals and clinics around San Antonio between 1977 and 1982, or Charles Cullen, a nurse who plead guilty to 22 murders and is suspected of up to 40 patients at 10 facilities over 16 years, or Kimberly Clark Fowler, a onetime nurse found guilty of killing five patients and injuring five others at a Texas dialysis center by injecting bleach into their dialysis lines?

if the case of nearly 2,300 preserved aborted fetuses is worth a thread, how about one for doctors and other healthcare professionals who commit horrible violent crimes against people
Well, if you've got the time to start one have at it. But since you devoted more than just a simple response to this one I guess that's out of the question.

First, there’s no acceptable explanation for why the former abortionist kept the remains of aborted fetuses.

However, if the case of nearly 2,300 preserved aborted fetuses is worth a thread, how about one for doctors and other healthcare professionals who commit horrible violent crimes against people, like Allan Zarkin, a New York gynecologist, was charged with first-degree assault for carving his initials into the abdomen of a woman who had just delivered her baby by caesarean, or Dr. William Husel, responsible for the intentional overdose deaths of 25 hospital patients, or Genene Jones, the Texas pediatric nurse who killed up to 60 children in her care with fatal overdose injections at hospitals and clinics around San Antonio between 1977 and 1982, or Charles Cullen, a nurse who plead guilty to 22 murders and is suspected of up to 40 patients at 10 facilities over 16 years, or Kimberly Clark Fowler, a onetime nurse found guilty of killing five patients and injuring five others at a Texas dialysis center by injecting bleach into their dialysis lines?

Here in Ontario, we have our very own killer nurse - Elizabeth Wettlaufer, who killed 8 nursing home residents and tried to kill 6 more.

Well, if you've got the time to start one have at it. But since you devoted more than just a simple response to this one I guess that's out of the question.
Translation: this thread is a red herring to the subject of the sub forum.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Just another sick weirdo it seems. why is this in abortion?

Its sad that these people go undetected and are able to penetrate the ranks of so many positions in this country that we give so much trust to. Doctors like this guy, nurses and other medical professionals (like that sicko that was abusing all the american gymnasts), Police officers, school teachers, religious leaders etc etc

at least it seems or hopefully the case remains this guy had little to no victims.

Translation: this thread is a red herring to the subject of the sub forum.

There are many facets to the subject of abortion. The fact that you claim this thread is a red herring suggests to me that you don't know the meaning of the fallacy.

I couldn't even begin to speculate what his thought process was.....that is simply beyond the pale.
Neither can I. I don't suppose there's any law against it. Maybe abuse of a corpse but I can see the arguments against that one.

There are many facets to the subject of abortion. The fact that you claim this thread is a red herring suggests to me that you don't know the meaning of the fallacy.
I agree wholeheartedly with your first sentence. And I will admit, if I have used the wrong fallacy, it wouldn't be the first time. But regardless, this isn't an abortion issue. This is a general medical issue. This singular case happens to have occured in conjunction with abortion. The issue exists whether or not abortion exists or its legal status. Putting this issue in the Abortion forum takes an unrelated idea and tries to use it as an argument against abortion. Or at least that is the implication it give, whether you intended such or not. That seems rather red herring to me, but I could see false equivalency, or maybe strawman, although that last is a stretch. Why? Which fallacy do you think it is?

marquiscat, you made my day!

I've been participating on boards like this one for (I think) almost twenty years and rarely have I seen someone admit the possibility that they might be wrong. I truly appreciate your honesty. However, please excuse me if I don't help you in choosing what fallacy I've committed in starting this thread. I don't believe I committed any.

marquiscat, you made my day!

I've been participating on boards like this one for (I think) almost twenty years and rarely have I seen someone admit the possibility that they might be wrong. I truly appreciate your honesty. However, please excuse me if I don't help you in choosing what fallacy I've committed in starting this thread. I don't believe I committed any.
You don't have to agree with my assertion that a fallacy was committed to be able to say, "... however by your description, that would actually be the X fallacy."

And I agree with you on that rarity. Many times I have read post where I happen to recognize what the person was trying to say, but ended up saying something else. That's even harder than getting a person admitted to being outright wrong.

maquiscat you tried to discount the value of this thread by calling it a red-herring to the subforum of abortion. I called you out on the mis-use of that fallacy. Now you want me to help you discover what fallacy I actually did commit when starting this thread? Strange.

maquiscat you tried to discount the value of this thread by calling it a red-herring to the subforum of abortion. I called you out on the mis-use of that fallacy. Now you want me to help you discover what fallacy I actually did commit when starting this thread? Strange.

There's "Reply with quote" you can use to reply properly.
Anyway what he is saying that this story has nothing to do with abortion. It's just one of the results.

Mass killing and it wasn’t due to an automatic gun.

Any comment by our democratic representatives?

There's "Reply with quote" you can use to reply properly.
Anyway what he is saying that this story has nothing to do with abortion. It's just one of the results.
Wow. "Properly" You really want to go there?

Ok. I'll try my best to help you out here. (But first -- don't try to tell me how to reply properly to someone's post -- it's insulting).

An abortionist collects the fetuses and stores them in his house. Does the possibility exist that abortionists have an ulterior motive for performing abortions? Does that help?

Back
Top Bottom