• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Troops deployed to U.S.-Mexico border lack hot food, electricity

NBC showed footage of the US Army set up in a field...Carrying NO weapons....Conditions were spartan, still nice to see a make shift hospital/medical unit being set up for migrants that may need medical attention....No sign of any machine guns or tanks that Right Wingers slobber about and dream about

They're "in the field". There won't be electricity.

As far as hot meals go, that's probably bull****. If it isn't, it's a command problem. The president doesn't have anything to do with that.

Anyone who's ever been in the Army, or the Marine Corps is going to verify that this is a gigantic nothing burder. :lamo
I'm guessing that, like most deployments, creature comforts like field kitchens, hot showers, day rooms with internet and charging stations will follow on in the days to come.

Dude, you don't have to agree about Trump, but if you were really ever in the service, you wouldn't be bragging about yourself and crapping all over those serving our nation.

Calm down, Rising Sun.

I'm not crapping all over those serving our nation. I've been there...done that.

I'm crapping all over the article writer.

I'm guessing that, like most deployments, creature comforts like field kitchens, hot showers, day rooms with internet and charging stations will follow on in the days to come.

I'm doubting this "deployment" will last that long...The election is over....Look for the US Military pull back after a month or so

Yet a lot of the military worship trump. He treats them like rubbish and they still worship the draft dodger.

Link? I know LWers are well known to hate the military, but smearing them with false narratives is just sad.

Here, let me help you with some facts: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...ding-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/
Enlisted men show Trump the most overwhelming support. Military women, meanwhile, have a much harsher view of Trump’s time in office. Officers still have a lower opinion of his presidency than enlisted troops.

I'm doubting this "deployment" will last that long...The election is over....Look for the US Military pull back after a month or so
We'll see. They're still hundreds of miles from the border.

Link? I know LWers are well known to hate the military, but smearing them with false narratives is just sad.

Here, let me help you with some facts: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...ding-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/
Enlisted men show Trump the most overwhelming support. Military women, meanwhile, have a much harsher view of Trump’s time in office. Officers still have a lower opinion of his presidency than enlisted troops.

A lot of Left Wingers hate what the government orders the Military to do...This "mission" is just a waste of time and money...Legally a thousand immigrants could walk right by any US Army camp...They have NO authority to apprehend or hold

Calm down, Rising Sun.

I'm not crapping all over those serving our nation. I've been there...done that.

I'm crapping all over the article writer.
I'm a military retiree. Stop crapping on our troops. Feel free to crap all over the authors but lay off our military personnel.

A lot of Left Wingers hate what the government orders the Military to do...This "mission" is just a waste of time and money...Legally a thousand immigrants could walk right by any US Army camp...They have NO authority to apprehend or hold

Great! God bless America! Agreed it's a waste of assets, but that's not an excuse for Lefties to hate the military...although they've never needed an excuse before soooooo......

We'll see. They're still hundreds of miles from the border.

Which is another idiotic move by Fearless Leader; spend millions of dollars putting US troops to guard the desert weeks before this "caravan" even arrives.

Which is another idiotic move by Fearless Leader; spend millions of dollars putting US troops to guard the desert weeks before this "caravan" even arrives.
Yeah, we should have waited until the week before. :roll: I mean, getting established, learning the lay out of the land, establishing command and control, operating procedures and building up troop support infrastructure be damned, right?

Yeah, we should have waited until the week before. :roll: I mean, getting established, learning the lay out of the land, establishing command and control, operating procedures and building up troop support infrastructure be damned, right?

LOL. Even Private Schmuckatelli knows that's BS. First, if there was "troop support infrastructure" it'd be set up mainly by contractors and some by combat engineers. No need for actual troops until the week prior. Second, it's our own border, not ****ing Russia. Every square inch of it is already mapped. The guys in the Puzzle Palace know where they'll place our troops. Third, it's the 21st century, C&C is always available. Stop watching John Wayne movies for your knowledge of our military.

Obviously you know more about Trump than our military services.

Field kitchens, probably. They're probably already there. The rest? The troops will most likely do without.

Like the song goes:

You're in the Army now,
You're not behind a plow,
You're diggin a ditch, ya son of bitch,
You're in the Army now.

LOL. Even Private Schmuckatelli knows that's BS. First, if there was "troop support infrastructure" it'd be set up mainly by contractors and some by combat engineers. No need for actual troops until the week prior. Second, it's our own border, not ****ing Russia. Every square inch of it is already mapped. The guys in the Puzzle Palace know where they'll place our troops. Third, it's the 21st century, C&C is always available. Stop watching John Wayne movies for your knowledge of our military.

Obviously you know more about Trump than our military services.
I know that all the maps in the world aren't as useful as a few patrols on the ground. I know that comm gear on the trunk isn't as good is radio checks from actual OP's. I know that establishing fields of fire from actual positions are more effective than looking at any map. I know that any combat commander, at any level, would want his forces to reconnoiter the actual terrain he was operation on, rather than believe the the best map in the world. Oh, and I know that 22 years military experience doing all these things gives me a tiny bit of an idea what it takes.

Last edited:
I know that all the maps in the world aren't as useful as a few patrols on the ground. I know that comm gear on the trunk isn't as good is radio checks from actual OP's. I know that establishing fields of fire from actual positions are more effective than looking at any map. I know that any combat commander, at any level, would want his forces to reconnoiter the actual terrain he was operation on, rather than believe the the best map in the world. Oh, and Ing know that 22 years military experience doing all these things gives me a tiny bit of an idea what it takes.
Okay John Wayne. Clearly you have more concern about Trump and his paranoid delusional BS that thousands of terrorists are marching to the US than about the proper utilization of our military and tax payer dollars.

Dude, growing up with a military parent and watching John Wayne movies over and over doesn't count as "military service". It's pretty easy to separate those who have served for a long time and those who are just wannabe Internet warriors.

Cotton candy ass bull****, trying to stir up something just to make Trump look bad....as usual. And it's the NY Slimes, so no real big shocker there.

Okay John Wayne. Clearly you have more concern about Trump and his paranoid delusional BS that thousands of terrorists are marching to the US than about the proper utilization of our military and tax payer dollars.
Got nothing to do with Trump. I'm talking about how military commanders execute their orders.

Rising Sun said:
Dude, growing up with a military parent and watching John Wayne movies over and over doesn't count as "military service". It's pretty easy to separate those who have served for a long time and those who are just wannabe Internet warriors.
I enlisted in 1971 and retired in 1993, what channels were you watching, John, Jr.?

Got nothing to do with Trump. I'm talking about how military commanders execute their orders.

I enlisted in 1971 and retired in 1993, what channels were you watching, John, Jr.?

Nice backpedal but this is what you initially posted:

In '71 I was still in HS, but served '74-'98. If you were less political and more military, I'd be more likely to believe you.

Nice backpedal but this is what you initially posted:

In '71 I was still in HS, but served '74-'98. If you were less political and more military, I'd be more likely to believe you.
Backpedal? How so? What have I said that isn't militarily accurate? Maybe IT's OUR political slant that's getting in the way.

Backpedal? How so? What have I said that isn't militarily accurate? Maybe IT's OUR political slant that's getting in the way.

You support sending troops down to sit on their asses for 2-3 weeks even before there is even a problem on the border with minimal support and at great cost to the taxpayer then complain against those who claim this is a waste and misuse of taxpayer assets.

No doubt it is your political slant that's getting in the way since, like Trump, you are putting personal politics ahead of the nation's best interests. Of course, this isn't the first time a US President has misused our military and wasted taxpayer dollars. It's just sad to see you support the action.

Troops deployed to U.S.-Mexico border lack hot food, electricity

Well, neither is essential to interdicting and apprehending illegal border crossers: electricity is better than no electricity; most folks prefer hot food to non-hot food. Moreover, it's a military deployment, not a school field trip. So, they may have to do just make do....They're trained to do so....

Hot food and electricity notwithstanding, they have guns and handcuffs, don't they? ;)

You support sending troops down to sit on their asses for 2-3 weeks even before there is even a problem on the border with minimal support and at great cost to the taxpayer then complain against those who claim this is a waste and misuse of taxpayer assets.
As I said the support will come. Pretty much SOP.
Rising Sun said:
No doubt it is your political slant that's getting in the way since, like Trump, you are putting personal politics ahead of the nation's best interests. Of course, this isn't the first time a US President has misused our military and wasted taxpay dollars. It's just sad to see you support the action.
LOL, you seem far more fixating on Trump than me. Are you saying the "country's best interest" is to just let these caravans just march across the border?

On the majority of wildfires firefighters eat MRE, sleep in tents or on the ground for days. No showers, no electricity, no a/c or heat, no toilets, etc.
Seems the troops don't have it all that bad.

Well it would be far better to use those troops to fight fires than sitting and and twiddling there parts waiting for fifteen hundred women and children seeking asylum...

Well, neither is essential to interdicting and apprehending illegal border crossers: electricity is better than no electricity; most folks prefer hot food to non-hot food. Moreover, it's a military deployment, not a school field trip. So, they may have to do just make do....They're trained to do so....

Hot food and electricity notwithstanding, they have guns and handcuffs, don't they? ;)

They won't be allowed to use any weapons...Or even detain or arrest in migrants....They have NO authority to do so...Worse yet for your "kind" they are building field hospitals to assist any migrant handed over to them if they need medical attention...That has to make your "kind" angry

Back
Top Bottom