• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trolls Wrongly Accused Retired Firefighter Of Capitol Riot Murder (Twitter)

Common Sense 1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
So everyone who accused the wrong man of murder should be banned from twitter. But will twitter do anything about this? My guess is absolutely not!
I hope Mr. Quintavalle can find someone to sue. Stupid trolls....

Trolls Wrongly Accused Retired Firefighter Of Capitol Riot Murder

Retired Chicago firefighter David Quintavalle was grocery shopping and celebrating wife's birthday in Chicago during Capitol insurrection.

CHICAGO — David Quintavalle didn't do it.
The retired Chicago firefighter from Mount Greenwood — whom social media trolls called a "terrorist" and accused of fatally wielding a fire extinguisher that killed a cop as a mob of Trump-supporting insurrectionists stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 — was grocery shopping and celebrating his wife's birthday in Chicago, Patch has learned.

Twitter exploded with unsubstantiated claims Tuesday that Quintavalle — who retired from the fire department in 2016 after 32 years — was the bearded "#extinguisherman" in a surveillance video wearing a "CFD" stocking cap wanted for questioning and "soon to be arrested" by the FBI regarding the fatal beating of U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick

Quintavalle, who shaved his beard before Christmas, told Patch that he wasn't in Washington, D.C., last week. He went grocery shopping at Aldi at 9 a.m. and made a home-cooked supper of filet mignon and lobster to celebrate his wife's birthday with their Chicago police officer son on the day rioters breached the Capitol.
The next morning, Quintavalle made a trip to Home Depot. A self-proclaimed paperwork hoarder, Quintavalle says he has receipts to prove his whereabouts that his attorney presented with other evidence to the FBI on Wednesday to clear his name.

Quintavalle, who doesn't have social media accounts, learned that he had been accused of being a cop-killing terrorist from a Twitter-savvy pal.
"I got a phone call from a friend who said, 'You should see what they twittered about you,'" Quintavalle said.

"This story has f----- my life up," Quintavalle said.

On Thursday, the FBI announced a Pennsylvania man was facing three felonies and was accused of throwing a fire extinguisher at a Capitol police officer. Robert Sanford, 55, formerly of the Chester Fire Department, was arrested Thursday morning.

Twitter Terrorists... the new Liberal Attack Platform.

19524229-cartoon-of-a-chef-stirring-a-big-pot.jpg

So everyone who accused the wrong man of murder should be banned from twitter. But will twitter do anything about this? My guess is absolutely not!

If they've violated the rules sufficiently to merit that, then I guess that'll be their problem. 🤷

Twitter can promote false messages and accusations all they want to without any liability under federal law. Nearly all Democrats highly support that protection of Jack Dorsey. If he wants you declared a pedophile terrorist and mass murdered, Democrats agree that's his right because super rich white racist men should be able to do anything they want to under the new dogma of the Democratic Party. It is Dorsey's right to entirely destroy you if he want to "for any or no reason." (Twitter's TOS).

Back
Top Bottom