• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trinity: Fact or Fiction?

SKILMATIC said:
You truly are in dire need of an excorcist my friend. That god little "g" is not God. That is allah a fake god. Just liek the indians worship the Sun. Or how the Indians in India worship like 4million things. That is known as polytheistic. There is only 1 true God. The Creator. The Father. The Spirit. 1 GOD. And yes people have used God for milleniums justifying there wars and agendas and its wrong and God would have nothing of it unless it was truly His devine agenda.

The world will end like this. And I am no prophet. It will end when God comes back to earth and all His people will ascend into heaven(they will litereally disappear off the face of the earth). Once all of Gods people leaves there will be a period of seven years where God will no longer be any presence of God or his teachers. In this period things will get so bad that people will be made to wear the mark of the Devil(666). If you dont you will be killed. There will also be large wars and it is described in the Bible that the scale of war will be soo large that there will be valleys full of blood.

Read Revelations if you want to know more. And if you think about it we are coming to those times. Everything that is describe there is actually coming into place. So you see there is a devine being and a divinity of life itself. However, we choose that destiny by the choices we make. However, God already knows whats going to happen thats why it was written some 2 thousand years ago.

SKILMATIC, you know, I have trouble arguing with someone who has such great faith, but you need to realize some things.

1. The Bible is not entirely true. Catholics realize this and study parts of it as myth, not fact.

2. Revalations was written by 1 man, and he may have been stoned when he wrote this book. How could you possibly believe so deeply in a book that was written by 1 man so long ago?

The truth is that Revalations may be true, and it may not be true. No one knows (although I believe that it is false because of the fate thing). But chances are that this one man made it up, or had some mental problems, or just wanted attention or something. It is likely that Revalations is not true.

kal-el said:
You guys can keep your mythology. You smucker when you say we must make a choice about your invisible man, because we don't. Who cares what your man in the clouds thinks about hell, or the trinity, or even capital punishment? That's a bit like valuing an opinion from a kid owning an ant farm. Our destiny is not pre-determined. This belief in one unique and almighty "God" is exactly the cause of the biggest disasters that we have ever known. It still goes on,and has been going on for thousands of years. In fact, every army in the world went to war claiming that "God is on our side." The Muslims did when they colonised Europe, so did the Christians when they mounted their crusades to save the tomb of Christ, the religious wars, the Inqusition, the wars between India and Pakistan, in Cypress, Northern Ireland, in Kosovo, the Mid East, and the list goes on. Always and everywhere, people are killing eachother in the name of an "almighty God."

You seem sure that God does not exist. Have you ever thought that maybe God has other planets and other peoples to worry about too? He can't spend all his time watching over Earth, can he?

leejosepho said:
I am saying there is just one, an almighty "CEO", so to speak, over all that exists.

At best, that multi-personalitied "shape-shifting" teaching is an extrapolation from Scripture, and now at 55, I can say it has *never* made any sense to me and I am convinced it is nothing but rubbish. Rhetorically: What would be the point?

Two, with the Son being His Father's "right-hand man" in the "main office".

Keep in mind that there are still people who believe the earth is flat, others who still insist the sun revolves around the earth, and that man has never been to the moon. With or without sufficient evidence, and with perceptions being whatever they are, people believe all kinds of things for twice as many reasons!

Same here, and I say "blind faith" without at least some kind of reasonable starting point for investigation is, at least for the most part, foolishness.

Yes, and the more we acknowledge our need, the more He reveals Himself (or "becomes evident", so to speak).

Rhetorically: Why would there even/ever need to be more than one?!

You are right. It is more likely that God is a god and Jesus is a half-god, right? If you believe in the Immaculate Conception, at least. If Jesus was the son of God and Mary, would he not be both man and god at once? In this sense, maybe Jesus is not part of God but simply his son, a half-god who died and now lives in heaven with his father. Do you have an objection to that theory? (No, I do not believe this theory, but it's just an idea.)

AlbqOwl said:
From a modern parable: A heavy snowstorm blanketed all vegetation outside and the woman was reluctant to wade through waist deep snow to the bird feeders. She filled a cake pan with seed and set it on the snow piled on the deck just outside the sliding doors.

The hungry birds flitted about in the trees but were afraid to approach the unfamiliar black cake pan so close to the house. The woman whispered to herself, "If I could just become one of you and show you what to do. . . "

And suddenly she understood the Trinity. She was willing to give up all her comforts and safety and become a vulnerable, cold, hungry bird out of compassion for the creatures outside.

God in his compassion gave up all his powers of omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence and became a human that could be touched and seen; a human that could become weary and wounded; a human who could feel pain and die, so he could show us what to do. He was still God, but he made himself also vulnerable. Jesus prayed to the Father from which he proceeded and to whom he would return. But he was as human as any of us. And he demonstrated the power within all of us to do God's will and told us humankind would do even more because he would leave, but we would be here.

The human Jesus was finite and limited in scope of influence as any human is limited. Only by dying could he become spirit and be able to touch everybody with the Holy Spirit that he sent in his stead. Actually, I think there is evidence the Holy Spirit has always been around, but it was only by Jesus' example that we gained the ability to know and understand it.

And that is the classical definition/explanation of the Trinity - one God but in three persons - Father (creator), Son (savior, God with us), Holy Spirit (counselor).

Disclaimer: Not all Christians agree with this particular explanation, and I believe no non-Christians accept it as truth.

Good parable, and a good post, too. However, you haven't really explained why Jesus would be praying to himself and having a conversation with himself if he were one with God. Why would he plead with God? It just doesn't make sense.

Peralin said:
I do not believe in fate, first of all. I do not believe that God guides us in any way. I believe that God sits back and watches, but he does help us in quiet ways. (I have personal reasons for believing this. Not miracles that happened, just very unlikely occurrences.)

God would not stop 9/11 because he would then be controlling someone's life, which he does not do. He cannot take control of anyone, that's why terrible things still happen.

BTW, I do not believe the Bible, as I said before, because parts of it are obviously not true and I cannot determine which parts are true and which are false. I realize that my beliefs contradict with the Bible in many ways, but I think my way makes more sense.

You can believe the Bible if you study it with a competent teacher and learn to read it through the eyes of those who wrote it, and it is important to know what is metaphor, what is parable, what is historical accounts, what is symbolic, what is poetry, and what is prophecy. Once everything is put into its proper persepctive, it all becomes quite credible.

The error most people make is to interpret the ancient texts through 21st Century eyes and attach 21st Century meanings to them.

Peralin said:
Good parable, and a good post, too. However, you haven't really explained why Jesus would be praying to himself and having a conversation with himself if he were one with God. Why would he plead with God? It just doesn't make sense.

It is because Jesus had no godly powers. He had no powers that are not available to any human. God Himself, in his spiritual form still existed, but the human Jesus was 100% human and needed God as much as any human needs Him. Jesus knew his origins and who he was, but it made him no less human. So he prayed to God for strength, for courage, and as an example to others so they could know the power of prayer.

1. The Bible is not entirely true. Catholics realize this and study parts of it as myth, not fact.

No the Bible is entirely true. Show me a chapter and verse thats a lie and hasnt been proven to be true?

Yes there are things that I dont beleive that happened and thats becasue they are parables. Stories to teach us moral lessons.

2. Revalations was written by 1 man, and he may have been stoned when he wrote this book. How could you possibly believe so deeply in a book that was written by 1 man so long ago?

Becasue everything it has said is coming into place and its amazing to me the amount of prophecies its contained that not 1 in the Bible hasnt come true. Show me just one prophecy in the Bible that didnt come true, just 1? Chapter and verse?

However, I can show you literally thousands. Want to see who could come up with the most? You come up with false prophecies and I will come up with prophecies that came true lets see who can come up wit more?

I think that the Word of God in its 100% accuracy and infallibleness is all the compunction I need to beleive that what it says is true. You would be a moron to denounce such accuracy and precision. Wanna try me?

Peralin said:
You are right. It is more likely that God is a god and Jesus is a half-god, right? If you believe in the Immaculate Conception, at least. If Jesus was the son of God and Mary, would he not be both man and god at once? In this sense, maybe Jesus is not part of God but simply his son, a half-god who died and now lives in heaven with his father. Do you have an objection to that theory? (No, I do not believe this theory, but it's just an idea.)

Yes, but that does not mean I object to your considering it.

As best I can tell, The Messiah was once a regular man from human parents and who now sits at The Father's right hand. However, I do not claim to know precisely how all of that happened.

AlbqOwl said:
It is because Jesus had no godly powers. He had no powers that are not available to any human. God Himself, in his spiritual form still existed, but the human Jesus was 100% human and needed God as much as any human needs Him. Jesus knew his origins and who he was, but it made him no less human. So he prayed to God for strength, for courage, and as an example to others so they could know the power of prayer.

In this post you are saying that Jesus is not the same being as God, but in your parable it seemed as if Jesus and God were the same. I do not exactly understand which you believe, but I'm surprised that you would say that Jesus was 100% human. Does that mean that you do not believe in the Immaculate Conception?

BTW, what religion are you?

leejosepho said:
Yes, but that does not mean I object to your considering it.

As best I can tell, The Messiah was once a regular man from human parents and who now sits at The Father's right hand. However, I do not claim to know precisely how all of that happened.

I've got another idea. Is it not possible that Jesus was not godly at all? Maybe he wasn't the Messiah that is said to come. Maybe he was just a man who realized that the world needed to change, so he did his best to change it. Maybe he and the gospel writers decided to fabricate all of this stuff so that people would change their ways.

Or, maybe Jesus was a regular human who did some cool things, and people took it the wrong way. Maybe the gospel writers actually believed that Jesus was the Savior, but maybe Jesus was just trying to help people out and make the world a better place.

I'm just bringing up ideas because the truth is that no one knows what happened, everything is based on faith and the Bible. I do not believe these things are true, but I do think that they are more likely to be true than the trinity.

SKILMATIC said:
No the Bible is entirely true. Show me a chapter and verse thats a lie and hasnt been proven to be true?

Yes there are things that I dont beleive that happened and thats becasue they are parables. Stories to teach us moral lessons.

Becasue everything it has said is coming into place and its amazing to me the amount of prophecies its contained that not 1 in the Bible hasnt come true. Show me just one prophecy in the Bible that didnt come true, just 1? Chapter and verse?

However, I can show you literally thousands. Want to see who could come up with the most? You come up with false prophecies and I will come up with prophecies that came true lets see who can come up wit more?

I think that the Word of God in its 100% accuracy and infallibleness is all the compunction I need to beleive that what it says is true. You would be a moron to denounce such accuracy and precision. Wanna try me?

Read this:

Genesis 1:27
God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Ok, now prove it. Prove to me that God created us in his own image. There you go. Just one example will shut down your argument you know, since you claimed that EVERYTHING the bible said was true. Which means that you have to prove everything that I give you. Here's another one:

Genesis 2:3
Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Prove to me that God rested on the seventh day.

Exodus 21:

23"But if there is any further injury, (O)then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life,

24(P)eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

Now look here:

Matthew 5:39
but I say unto you, resist not him that is evil: but whosoever smiteth thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

These last two examples are contradictory. If someone harms you, do you harm him back or let him continue? In this way, the Bible cannot be 100% true.

BTW, I got all these quotes from biblegateway.com

So go ahead, I can't wait to hear your comebacks for this one. I think you need to realize that the bible is only a book, and you should not believe things simply because someone tells you that they are true.

Peralin said:
In this post you are saying that Jesus is not the same being as God, but in your parable it seemed as if Jesus and God were the same. I do not exactly understand which you believe, but I'm surprised that you would say that Jesus was 100% human. Does that mean that you do not believe in the Immaculate Conception?

BTW, what religion are you?

I am saying that Jesus was God, but in a form that was 100% human with all normal human feelings and limitations and was fully subject to human pain, suffering, and mortality. The 'Immaculate Conception' is a Roman Catholic doctrine that expands on the simpler concept of the virgin birth as recounted in the Gospel according to Matthew. No mention of the birth is made in the gospels of Mark or John. Luke does not specifically speak of Mary being a virgin; however, the implication is there as he seems to recount Jesus's geneology through Mary's family rather than Joseph's. (The geneology was to show that Jesus descended from the House of David in order to demonstrate that his birth fulfilled that part of the ancient prophecy. Both Mary and Joseph were descended from David.)

I am a Christian but again emphasize that other Christians will have different beliefs about these things.

Peralin said:
Read this:

Genesis 1:27
God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Ok, now prove it. Prove to me that God created us in his own image. There you go. Just one example will shut down your argument you know, since you claimed that EVERYTHING the bible said was true. Which means that you have to prove everything that I give you. Here's another one:

Genesis 2:3
Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Exodus 21:

23"But if there is any further injury, (O)then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life,

Now look here:

Matthew 5:39
but I say unto you, resist not him that is evil: but whosoever smiteth thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

These last two examples are contradictory. If someone harms you, do you harm him back or let him continue? In this way, the Bible cannot be 100% true.

BTW, I got all these quotes from biblegateway.com

So go ahead, I can't wait to hear your comebacks for this one. I think you need to realize that the bible is only a book, and you should not believe things simply because someone tells you that they are true.

Again if you read the ancient texts through 21st century eyes and understanding, you will usually miss both the message and intent of the texts. You have to read the ancient texts through the eyes of those who wrote them to understand their significance and meaning.

SKILMATIC said:

No, this challenge is denied. I have never said that nothing in the bible was true, only that some things are not true. I'm sure you can come up with some turth, and that's fine, but I'm not arguing that. All I have to do is find one case that you cannnot prove (it makes no difference how many truths you can find). However, I will challenge you to prove every single example that I come up with.

AlbqOwl said:
Again if you read the ancient texts through 21st century eyes and understanding, you will usually miss both the message and intent of the texts. You have to read the ancient texts through the eyes of those who wrote them to understand their significance and meaning.

Yes, AlbqOwl, I understand what you mean and have no problem with it. I am bringing up examples to prove Skilmatic wrong, because I completely disagree with him. However, you are bringing up intelligent points, and I currently have no argument with you, except about the Jesus praying to God thing.

Last edited:
AlbqOwl said:
I am saying that Jesus was God, but in a form that was 100% human with all normal human feelings and limitations and was fully subject to human pain, suffering, and mortality. The 'Immaculate Conception' is a Roman Catholic doctrine that expands on the simpler concept of the virgin birth as recounted in the Gospel according to Matthew. No mention of the birth is made in the gospels of Mark or John. Luke does not specifically speak of Mary being a virgin; however, the implication is there as he seems to recount Jesus's geneology through Mary's family rather than Joseph's. (The geneology was to show that Jesus descended from the House of David in order to demonstrate that his birth fulfilled that part of the ancient prophecy. Both Mary and Joseph were descended from David.)

I am a Christian but again emphasize that other Christians will have different beliefs about these things.

Ok, but again, it still doesn't make sense. If Jesus WAS God, he would not be praying to God for strength or courage. He would not pray to himself! Your explanations before made sense to me, but then it seemed as if you changed them.

No, this challenge is denied. I have never said that nothing in the bible was true, only that some things are not true. I'm sure you can come up with some turth, and that's fine, but I'm not arguing that. All I have to do is find one case that you cannnot prove (it makes no difference how many truths you can find). However, I will challenge you to prove every single example that I come up with.

No numnuts I said come up with something that has been proven infallibly wrong in the Bible and yet you have failed miserably.

How do you know God isnt in the form of man? Can you prove this? Nope so argument voided.

But I can prove to you that he is in the lkeness of man. Simply by this. I wonder if Jesus looked like a alien? I think he came in the form of a man and was born like a man too? Unless you can find me somewhere in the Bible where it says Jesus had 12 arms and 16legs, :lol: . Also I think we just got done explaining to you that the trinity means 1 God. So if God the son is the same as God the Spirit then I think its suffice to say that God is indeed the likeness of man. Any questions?

This ones simple. What does it say in one of the ten commandments? I beleive one of them says to keep the sabbath day holy which is what God commands us to do what he did which is rest on the seventh day. Now some adventists beleive that the 7th day is saturday instead of sunday which really doesnt matter to me. But it does say there that it proves to you that God did infact rest on thjat day. Any questions?

And I ask you what is so false about this? I beleive this is just saying do unto others and you would have them do unto you and explaining the punishment for such actions. Any questions?

You have this all way out of context. This isnt talking about abusement or physical harm but that of conflictments. It is only talking about confrontations between individuals. If someone is going to harm you the Bible makes it very clear that its ok to defend yourself. Any questions? Or do I need to provide a chapter and verse for this or can you read yourself?

Likewise my friend. I cant wait till you can finally realize that when over 700prophecies of Jesus' birth came true to the exact definition and some of these prophecies were written some 1000yrs before jesus was born. Still want to say its just a book? How about it also proclaims the earth was round and this was written in isaiah some thousand years before Ptolmey. It also claims other historical situations which were proven true like that of the great flood. evolutionists thought the world was destroyed by a meteor. But they found out and were proven by creatonists that the earth was flooded. Do I need to start hammering you with 700prophecies that came true? Cause I would like to see your rebuttal on those?

Peralin said:
Ok, but again, it still doesn't make sense. If Jesus WAS God, he would not be praying to God for strength or courage. He would not pray to himself! Your explanations before made sense to me, but then it seemed as if you changed them.

I didn't mean to change them and am sorry if I gave that impression. Once God gave up his godly powers to become human, he was fully 100% human. He got tired. He got discouraged. He grieved. He dreaded what he knew was going to happen to him. Because he was human did not mean there was not also God who was still spirit. And he prayed for strength and courage and assurance to that God who was still spirit, and who was his biological father according to Matthew.

These things are indeed foolishness to those who do not believe. So the New Testament explains that by yourself, who could believe them? But by the power of the Holy Spirit, who Jesus sent in his stead, you are able to believe. And you get the Holy Spirit by allowing God in, no strings attached. :smile:

(All the above Bible references are paraphrased by me of course.)

I didn't mean to change them and am sorry if I gave that impression. Once God gave up his godly powers to become human, he was fully 100% human. He got tired. He got discouraged. He grieved. He dreaded what he knew was going to happen to him. Because he was human did not mean there was not also God who was still spirit. And he prayed for strength and courage and assurance to that God who was still spirit, and who was his biological father according to Matthew.

These things are indeed foolishness to those who do not believe. So the New Testament explains that by yourself, who could believe them? But by the power of the Holy Spirit, who Jesus sent in his stead, you are able to believe. And you get the Holy Spirit by allowing God in, no strings attached.

Yep this is exactly correct. I think we need to break out the Romans road, :lol: .

SKILMATIC said:
No numnuts I said come up with something that has been proven infallibly wrong in the Bible and yet you have failed miserably.

No. You said that the Bible was all true, and I say that it is not. I only need one example to prove that it is not, yet you would have to go through every single verse and prove that each on is true.

And by the way, calling people "numnuts" isn't going to get you into heaven any faster.

SKILMATIC said:
How do you know God isnt in the form of man? Can you prove this? Nope so argument voided.

I never said that God isn't in the form of a man. I don't have to prove things that I didn't say. All I said was that the Bible is not 100% fact.

SKILMATIC said:
But I can prove to you that he is in the lkeness of man. Simply by this. I wonder if Jesus looked like a alien? I think he came in the form of a man and was born like a man too? Unless you can find me somewhere in the Bible where it says Jesus had 12 arms and 16legs, :lol: . Also I think we just got done explaining to you that the trinity means 1 God. So if God the son is the same as God the Spirit then I think its suffice to say that God is indeed the likeness of man. Any questions?

That proves that JESUS looked like a man. But not that God looked like a man. Since no one has seen God (or has evidence to prove that they did), nobody knows what he looks like. So you cannot possibly PROVE that God looks like a man. If you can, do. Show me the evidence. (As I said, I base beliefs on fact.)

SKILMATIC said:
This ones simple. What does it say in one of the ten commandments? I beleive one of them says to keep the sabbath day holy which is what God commands us to do what he did which is rest on the seventh day. Now some adventists beleive that the 7th day is saturday instead of sunday which really doesnt matter to me. But it does say there that it proves to you that God did infact rest on thjat day. Any questions?

But it was humans who created the week system. Before humans existed there were no days, so God could not possibly have rested.

Besides, you haven't proven anything. Nobody knows that God rested on the 7th day. Nobody even knows how long it took God to build the Earth. How do you know that God didn't build Saturn on the 7th day? Sure, I can't prove that he didn't. But, neither can you prove that he did.

SKILMATIC said:
And I ask you what is so false about this? I beleive this is just saying do unto others and you would have them do unto you and explaining the punishment for such actions. Any questions?

Yes, I do have questions. If someone slaps you, what do you do? Do you slap him back? Or do you turn the other cheek?

SKILMATIC said:
You have this all way out of context. This isnt talking about abusement or physical harm but that of conflictments. It is only talking about confrontations between individuals. If someone is going to harm you the Bible makes it very clear that its ok to defend yourself. Any questions? Or do I need to provide a chapter and verse for this or can you read yourself?

Please do provide a chapter and a verse. And if it is okay to defend yourself, why did Jesus say to turn the other cheek?

SKILMATIC said:
Likewise my friend. I cant wait till you can finally realize that when over 700prophecies of Jesus' birth came true to the exact definition and some of these prophecies were written some 1000yrs before jesus was born. Still want to say its just a book? How about it also proclaims the earth was round and this was written in isaiah some thousand years before Ptolmey. It also claims other historical situations which were proven true like that of the great flood. evolutionists thought the world was destroyed by a meteor. But they found out and were proven by creatonists that the earth was flooded. Do I need to start hammering you with 700prophecies that came true? Cause I would like to see your rebuttal on those?

Maybe most of the bible is true. My point is to prove to you that SOME of it is not true. There may be more truths than lies, but it is definitely not all truth.

Sure, I see lots of good stuff there. But so what? I never said that the Bible was completely false. Find me the post where I said this. I never did. So stop arguing your point against me for what I have not said.

AlbqOwl said:

These things are indeed foolishness to those who do not believe. So the New Testament explains that by yourself, who could believe them? But by the power of the Holy Spirit, who Jesus sent in his stead, you are able to believe. And you get the Holy Spirit by allowing God in, no strings attached. :smile:

WHAT? Are you saying that God split himself in half, named one half Jesus, and sent him to Earth? So the one half communicates with the other half? That's actually not a bad idea, but I don't think that is truly what you believe.

Peralin said:
WHAT? Are you saying that God split himself in half, named one half Jesus, and sent him to Earth? So the one half communicates with the other half? That's actually not a bad idea, but I don't think that is truly what you believe.

No, I am saying that God became what we are so that we could know what He wanted to teach us. He is after all God and therefore not limited to physics, biology, or mathematical limitations to which we mere mortals are subject. So yes, he could be at the same time 100% human and 100% spirit. If we could fully understand how he managed that, we would be as smart as He is, but we aren't. And if we mere mortals could fully explain who and what God is, He wouldn't be much of a God, would He. :smile:

AlbqOwl said:
No, I am saying that God became what we are so that we could know what He wanted to teach us. He is after all God and therefore not limited to physics, biology, or mathematical limitations to which we mere mortals are subject. So yes, he could be at the same time 100% human and 100% spirit. If we could fully understand how he managed that, we would be as smart as He is, but we aren't. And if we mere mortals could fully explain who and what God is, He wouldn't be much of a God, would He. :smile:

But you still are avoiding the question. If there is 1 god, how can he talk to himself as 2? If there is one god, there is no one for him to pray to, right? Please explain this thoroughly, because it still seems as if you are changing your mind every other post. I cannot possibly agreeor disagree with someone when I don't undrestand who's side they are on.

I have not changed my mind or changed my position on this one bit. If you go back and re-read my posts you will see that. I don't pretend to know HOW God did that. The metaphor of Adam and Eve was a story about humans who wanted to see what God sees, know what God knows, understand what God understands. It lost them their spot in the Garden of Eden. I don't plan to make that same mistake. :smile:

Seriously, there is no way to know, but there is a way to understand. You give God permission to show you. No strings attached. No time limit. No preconceived notions about how that will come about. No prejudged conclusions. You just open yourself and make yourself receptive to His instruction. I can't tell you when or how it will happen, but you'll get it.

I only need one example to prove that it is not, yet you would have to go through every single verse and prove that each on is true.

And I am still wating for that example.

And by the way, calling people "numnuts" isn't going to get you into heaven any faster.

No but the truth is. :lol:

All I said was that the Bible is not 100% fact

I am still waiting for evidence that supports that the bible has lied in it somewhere? This is litereally going to take forever becasue there is no such evidence.

But it was humans who created the week system. Before humans existed there were no days, so God could not possibly have rested.

God created everything you see. He even created the day. However it was the humans that developed the time system. To God time is nothing and it means nothing casue He is timeless. Time means nothing to Him but all the world to us. So yes we develpoed the week system and on the 7th day God rested well we just chose to call that "time" that he rested sunday. It could have been the month of march. But we chose that time system. is this making any sense to you?

Yes, I do have questions. If someone slaps you, what do you do? Do you slap him back? Or do you turn the other cheek?

What does this have to do with proving the Bible wrong? O I get it steer me off course so I forget about it. Not going to happen sir. Your answer is I defend myself. If he slaps you once ask him why? If he proceeds again to hurt you defend yourself. I really dont know how else to put common sense to you?

Please do provide a chapter and a verse. And if it is okay to defend yourself, why did Jesus say to turn the other cheek?

Please read matthew chapter 5 sir. Also I have provided you with a necassary link to help you understand the readings.

http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=311

This shoudl help you. I knwo its long but its worth the read.

Back
Top Bottom